I read a post on a non-prepping website a bit back, and it got me thinking, so I have a question. Where would you all say you fall within the dynamic and spectrum of prepping? The member elsewhere referenced the difference between doomers and homesteaders, and how the latter seem more stable than the former. Or something to that effect anyway. Its been a bit and we all know how my memory is.

I know I myself have wandered a path from fearful doomer to content homesteader, with a stop somewhere in the middle that placed prepping as an all-consuming definition of who I am and what I do. These days? Not so much. I still plan. I still prioritize, but I'm also not going to forgo a sale on the biggest damn tv I can afford (for instance) if I decide I want a new one because I don't have "x" amount of beans, bullets, or band aids. My choices today all largely consider and integrate prepping for tomorrow as much as possible, but I have decided not to forgo living well now because something "might" happen then.

Sufficient for the day is its own trouble, and all of that.

Anyway, I don't think we have anybody at the "no luxuries allowed" end of the spectrum, they're pretty easy to spot. I have a pretty good idea on some of you, and at least one has already self-identified as a survivalist in the past, but some of you aren't quite as clear.

There is also more than simple curiosity spurring my question, but I'll get into that more after I get my thoughts better organized and have given time for some responses here.

TIA