Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Scorpion alert

finally pooped

Scorpion alert

Many of you are in places that actually get winter and probably don't need to know or care but for those of you like me who are not so lucky.........

I would like to inform you that scorpion populations are on the rise, they can fit through the smallest cracks and while most species are not deadly they hurt like all fucking hell.

My reason for posting this is I had a bad night last night so I feel it is my duty to inform you that they are phosphorescent, meaning they will glow under a black light.

Due to my unusual sleeping patterns after surgery I was using the facilities at 0300 and managed to find one of these delightful little creatures that were kind enough to let me know of it's presence by stinging me 2 times in rapid succession. After turning on the light and killing it, I scooped up it's bits and my neighbor was kind enough to drive me to the ER to see that it was a very common though not deadly species of scorpion.

Today I installed black lights in strategic spots throughout the house on times that go on whenever it is dark.

Seeing that this is as close to winter as we get, they are coming inside to stay warm. I just found another a few minutes ago which is what prompted this post hoping this may help any of you unlucky enough to live in a place like this.

Crotch Rocket

There are some advantages to being up north

Nasty little bastards.
    Consilio et animis

Essayons!

Wants you to "look at what he's holding tonight".

We have the little brown ones here. Now that we have chickens and guinea I don't see them much any more though. Found a few in the bath tub, and saw some run across the floor a few times. Have not got stung yet.
    "When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes DUTY!" - Thomas Jefferson

RIP, brother. We are diminshed.
    Quote Originally Posted by mitunnelrat View Post
    There are some advantages to being up north

Nasty little bastards.
    man, sorry you found out about them that way. they are all over Florida range in color almost clear to a medium brown and length from 3/4" to 2". and yes, all glow in black light. hit one with a red or green laser. it looks cool.
    "Ya need a hug, or a twinkee? Wait..forget the twinkie". - Dropy

"I'll be in my bunk" Jayne Cobb

'Catch, sauté, and release...' Sniper-T

'Always smile... it makes people wonder what the fuck you are thinking!' Sniper-T

Body Armor is not bullet proof, it is only bullet resistant.* Learn to become strictly a head hunter.*

'All I really needed was a hug'............ Domeguy

finally pooped
    I would rather hit it with a brick than a laser

plenty of extra room "down his pants"
    Damn, that sucks. Ill stick with my ticks and chiggers!

EB
    "Takes .357 to the field... every time..."
    "AR - America's Rifle"
    "Bushido, an honourable way of life"

RIP, brother. We are diminshed.
    Ticks and Chiggers, OH MY! LMAO!
    "Ya need a hug, or a twinkee? Wait..forget the twinkie". - Dropy

"I'll be in my bunk" Jayne Cobb

'Catch, sauté, and release...' Sniper-T

'Always smile... it makes people wonder what the fuck you are thinking!' Sniper-T

Body Armor is not bullet proof, it is only bullet resistant.* Learn to become strictly a head hunter.*

'All I really needed was a hug'............ Domeguy

Do NOT mess with him while he's pumping gas.

My brother lived in his wife's grandfather's farm house for a few years, and the shower diverter had quit requiring only baths. I'm taking a bath, and look up at the shower head, and think to myself "self, I sure hope that scorpion doesn't fall off the shower head". All of a sudden, plop! Right between my legs. You should have seen how fast I sloshed up and out of that tub. Lol

I heard that cedarcide sprinkled around the outside of the house helps deter scorpions, but we don't have a lot of them here.
    Common sense is so rare these days, it should be re-classified as a super power.

finally pooped
    Cedarcide?

I have still yet to grow a brain