Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Nuclear Blast Map Website

finally pooped
    http://www.nrdc.org/nuclear/fallout/

This is their supposed numbers. Though when I started reading reports on fukushima it gave completely different expectations due to the half life and use of the material.

http://www.veteranstoday.com/2011/04...-atomic-bombs/

Going by this, it is roughly 10 megatons? Maybe......? Fukushima was roughly the same size compared to a lot of the ones we have today as far as the material used. Putting this info into that simulator map means pretty much the only place that is safe is the fly over states. It seems like they downscale the potential effects to make us feel better maybe?

- - - Updated - - -

Looks like I need to come join you in canada ST.

finally pooped
    Also it seems like there is almost no way it could be even close to as bad as chernobyl due to the type of reactors we now use. Even fukushima only released 3% of the amount of RADS.

Fukushima still released a cloud spreading 300km or 186 miles. So figure on 1/4 that area surrounding it to be almost immediately dead, the rest inside the 1/2 way point dying of rad poisoning and the rest in extreme risk of cancer.

(You pointed me in a direction ST and I may have gone a bit overboard. I now feel the need to stock up on iodine tablets.)

I'll most likely shit myself

Quote Originally Posted by jamesneuen View Post
    So, this thing bases all of this on kilotons of blast. How much would a reactor generate?
    To some degree a reactor going off will be on the lower end of a true nuc weapon going off. However, the fallout will be getting expelled for a much longer time. Fukishima is still giving off mass amounts of radiation. Cesium 137 and Strontium 90 will be the two largest elements given off. These will decay to their daughter elements over time.

Fun to play with. Without really knowing what may be targeted with what type of yield, it is difficult to say what the chances are of surviving the initial blast. Obviously winds and other weather conditions will play into the final results.

Do you have a robot?
    At one time there used to be a list for primary, secondary and tertiary targets throughout the United States which the Russians had targeted. If you go on line you can take a look at those to get an idea if you may be in a targeted area. Then take a look around and figure out what you would target if you were the bad guy and that should give you a pretty good idea. At the time even a city of about 75,000 could be a target so it doesn't take much. Also take a look at your prevailing winds, if you are down wind they can affect you. All in all if you are like Sniper in the middle of nowhere that is where you want to be.

Bacon saver

To be honest I really don't think it's going to play out that way. I think we are going to get hit, either internally by cells in a very dirty manner or we're going to implode thanks to our govt. Then..............I guess we'll see then won't we?

There's just way to many variables, scenarios and sheeples.
    Be safe.............the night is your friend.

Do you have a robot?
    I agree with your appraisal.
    If it is predictable then it is preventable....... Gordon Graham

So if it is predictable and preventable then you better prepare.

For the Love of Cats

Well if Shit does go South down there, this is what I expect to see coming down the road...

Note, the third from the bottom is BWRR. Always off chasing squirrels!

Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

Do you have a robot?
    Something shiny is right over here.....................somewhere.....
    If it is predictable then it is preventable....... Gordon Graham

So if it is predictable and preventable then you better prepare.

looking at their tools while posting pictures of mine.
    about 20 minutes outside Lynchburg, TN...but which way...
    I hate to bring this up, but what if a) a missile attack, or b) an medium size nuclear bomb were to hit very near a nuclear power plant? And to make all of this the worst possible scenario, your wife is pregnant by your daughters boyfriend, your daughter has joined the Abbidilulla Shitealet Al Zachkchkchkpt harem, your son has volunteered to hand out pamphlets to elect Hillary 2016, your dog got his left ear torn off by the neighbors hairless cat, and you have a really bad paper cut on your right thumb. Just how screwed would you be then. Does it make it twice as powerful, or twice as high on the Geiger counter? Just thinkin up more stupid stuff.