Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sorry I havent been around, heres an update for all that are interested.

stark assed naked and butt to nut with no issues

Sorry I havent been around, heres an update for all that are interested.

Well, sometimes life takes over and seems to hit you with speedballs from every direction, and it looks like Ive been selected as target of the month. So... life has been a bit crazy and almost surreal in some aspects, but interesting enough that I thought I would share.

First off... the surreal. The wife (Dragonfly) comes from a multi-generational Navy family, So a few years ago, she expressed an interest to me about possibly joining the Navy reserves. Her father used to be the head steward on the Presidential Yacht back in the day. So she checked it out a couple of years ago, and there wasnt anything she was really interested in job-wise available. She had paperwork (waiver-able) problems, too many dependents, all sorts of little things that basically made her a no-go. Well, lo and behold... all those little things have been fixed when the oldest son left for boot camp and became US Army property and no longer a dependent. So.. all of a sudden, shes cleared for boot camp with like 5 months left before she became too old. Well, she goes to MEPS, finds a job she was willing to take, passes all the tests and medicals and is offered a ship date... in 5 days. Yep... Monday. 2 months boot camp, 9 months "A" School. So.. now I have a say so in whether she goes or not, but I cant feel Im supporting her in all she wants to do if I say "stay here". Yea, so shes going, and im almost shitting bricks.

Next off... The deployment mission has ended at my current military job, so I am back to normal "reserve military" schedule. Which means... Stormy has to get a job. I applied for everything that came down the pike and ended up with a job offer working at The Wisconsin Challenge Academy. Think of it as boot camp for troubled teens. Not a bad job, great pay, but... 2nd shift. Now, coupled with the wife leaving for the next 9 months... guess that means Ive got to start looking at fulltime day care or a live in nanny. Time is drawing short... and still no luck.

Business partner flew out from California to settle on the house/property. But his final move out plans got delayed by a few months. So the ammo manufacturing business is also delayed even longer now, because hes getting pushback from his wife about moving out here. They currently live in SF City and he HATES it although hes a SF Native born and bred. He purchases a house and property, all the major furnishings... and now the wife doesnt want to move out... just adds to my stress level is all.

All the weather pretty much hasnt even started to affect me (unlike all you guys... Poor Izzy!)that or Ive been so preoccupied I havent even noticed it, still not sure. Got a million and one things running thru my mind, and trying to keep this "fog of war" cleared in my head... but damn. My walls havent been over-run yet... but damn... Hannibal Ad Porta.

Anyways, kids are sick... Wife is nervous as hell... I feel like Im herding cats with a broken leg and I needed a brain break... so here I am. Hows everyone been?
    RELIGION IS LIKE A PENIS
    Its fine to have one,
    Its fine to be proud of it,
    But please dont whip it out in public and start waving it around,
    And PLEASE dont try to force it down my children's throats.

An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.

For the Love of Cats

Calm blue ocean Stormy... calm blue ocean! Just picture yourself holding the head of the fucker pissing you off under the surface of the calm blue ocean!

Stay strong brother... deep breaths!
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

Thinks it might be German

Dang!!!! That's a plate full. Stay the course. These things have a way of fizzling down to a manageable size with time. Something about eating an elephant, one bite at a time. I'm pretty sure you've been in tighter situations, but when it comes to family, things rest in a different light. Like it or not prayers here for you and yours.
    The 12 Gauge... It's not just for rabbits anymore.

I wish it was that easy... theres no one person pissing me off. Its more like events of life are doing it, and theres nothing I can actually do about it!
    RELIGION IS LIKE A PENIS
    Its fine to have one,

An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.

Premium Member
    Stormy, that's a huge life change for all of you, and with the many other things coming at you at once is a lot to endure! Me and Songbird too will keep you and your family in our prayers. BTW, Songbird may be flying into your great state of Wisconsin in a week or so....her mom is having back surgery there in Appleton.
    Don't wrestle with pigs; you'll get all muddy and the pigs will love it!

First off, as many of you know, I am not a religious man, I went to Catholic school as a young man, and somehow my Native beliefs never seemed to quite jive with theological organized religion. While I am not asking for prayers, I do thank each and every one of you who are, for keeping my family and myself in your thoughts. It is truly appreciated.

- - - Updated - - -

Willie, if theres anything Songbird needs while in the state, if I can help out, please let me know, I have a few friends in that area that are ANTS of a military type, and I consider them family, as I do all of you here.
    RELIGION IS LIKE A PENIS
    Its fine to have one,

For the Love of Cats

I'll way-lay the prayers and just send out some well wishes, and since I'm sitting beside a fire right now... I'll toss in some sweet grass with your name on it.
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

Do you have a robot?
    One step at a time. You have a full plate and things will get better, my prayers to you and your family. Second shift isn't so bad when there is no one at home. I found I got a lot done, then kids came and changed all that... Regarding the business partner it sounds like he should leave the wife were she is and move east. SF is fun to visit maybe once a year and that is it...........its kinda like going to the zoo. Hope this works out for you.
    If it is predictable then it is preventable....... Gordon Graham

So if it is predictable and preventable then you better prepare.

RIP, brother. We are diminshed.
    Stormy i feel for you. i know what it is too be pulled in several different directions at the same time. nobody too really be mad at, just life. just remember, this will pass. good thoughts and well wishes for you. and, it's only 9 mos. ?
    "Ya need a hug, or a twinkee? Wait..forget the twinkie". - Dropy

"I'll be in my bunk" Jayne Cobb

'Catch, sauté, and release...' Sniper-T

'Always smile... it makes people wonder what the fuck you are thinking!' Sniper-T

Body Armor is not bullet proof, it is only bullet resistant.* Learn to become strictly a head hunter.*

'All I really needed was a hug'............ Domeguy

I'll most likely shit myself

Stormy, sorry to hear about all the stuff. Hopefully it'll all work out in the long run. Prayers are going up for you all.

As to the. Child care thing, my wife has been a nanny for nearly 30 years as keeps an ear on things in that line. She has recommended Care.com to folks that have questioned her about it. I don't know any thing about it, but might be something worth looking into.