Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is there anything more perfect than BACON?

Do you have change for a canned bacon?

I miss the old time hicory smoked bacon with the hard edge that you could gnaw on for hours.
    Oh yeah, I'm also a big fan of pig skins (pork rinds, chicharones or whatever you want to call them) even the microwaveable ones.
    Mandatory Franks Red Hot sauce should be used too.

- - - Updated - - -

I know what you are thinking....
    I am 6'1", 175lbs, cholesterol is about 135 and I am 58 years young
    They say that the cockroaches will be the last creature alive on this earth.
    I intend on being the last person alive still stomping cockroaches.

finally pooped
    I loved pork rinds but what was even better was "cracklins". Anybody else grow up with those? They were the little rock hard bits left over when pork rinds were made from scratch. Dear god they were amazing. Though I'm not kidding when I say they were rock hard. I lost 2 teeth to them when I was younger. (baby teeth thankfully)

RIP, brother. We are diminshed.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesneuen View Post
    I loved pork rinds but what was even better was "cracklins". Anybody else grow up with those? They were the little rock hard bits left over when pork rinds were made from scratch. Dear god they were amazing. Though I'm not kidding when I say they were rock hard. I lost 2 teeth to them when I was younger. (baby teeth thankfully)
    you can, well i can get them from the stores around here. different flavors as well. they are good and a snack food i can eat.
    "Ya need a hug, or a twinkee? Wait..forget the twinkie". - Dropy

"I'll be in my bunk" Jayne Cobb

'Catch, sauté, and release...' Sniper-T

'Always smile... it makes people wonder what the fuck you are thinking!' Sniper-T

Body Armor is not bullet proof, it is only bullet resistant.* Learn to become strictly a head hunter.*

'All I really needed was a hug'............ Domeguy

looking at their tools while posting pictures of mine.
    about 20 minutes outside Lynchburg, TN...but which way...
    My colon and I have always had a disagreement when it comes to pork fat, all animal fat, but pork fat the most. For years while I was among the working class, I always had to watch what I ate, and keep in mind where the nearest mens room was. IBS was a major factor in my life, triggered by such things as animal fats, but also stress was a big one. When I divorced she who shall not be mentioned, my stress level went way down, the IBS drastically decreased. I still eat a lot of turkey bacon,but on those mornings when I go out to eat, its bacon city baby, bring it on.

Do you have a robot?
    You know you go to those greasy hamburger places and you know you should not do it but you get one and then the heartburn starts shortly after. Whats up with bacon I don't get heartburn!!! Love the stuff.

Just finished a bacon, mushroom and cheese omelet...................nice....
    If it is predictable then it is preventable....... Gordon Graham

So if it is predictable and preventable then you better prepare.

looking at their tools while posting pictures of mine.
    about 20 minutes outside Lynchburg, TN...but which way...
    Quote Originally Posted by realist View Post
    You know you go to those greasy hamburger places and you know you should not do it but you get one and then the heartburn starts shortly after. Whats up with bacon I don't get heartburn!!! Love the stuff.

Just finished a bacon, mushroom and cheese omelet...................nice....
    what?......,,a greasy hamburger place in CA? Don't you mean a trendy tofu restaurant?

Do you have a robot?
    I'm in Norcal it is not as bad as Socal, not you Socal man.............. Also Tofu is bean curd, you don't call them Bean Curd restaurants.... You would be surprised there are a few of us Conservatives out here. We may be outnumbered but never out gunned..........

Quote Originally Posted by Domeguy View Post
    ... When I divorced she who shall not be mentioned, my stress level went way down, the IBS drastically decreased.
    Me too. Doc asked me what I was doing different and told me to keep it up. I told him that it must be divorced life that's treating me so well.

Best of all (while she's the one who left), I managed to trade in the fanatic vegan for a seafood eating "vegetarian" that also loves to cook with bacon grease.

I've cut out most ingestion of dairy (milk fat) and fried foods. When I keep on track, the IBS is much, much better. A little bacon grease, in moderation, to make the cast iron skillet or Dutch oven non-stick doesn't seem to bother me.

Mmm... BLT on the brain. Yum!!! Had a turkey club for lunch.

Do you have a robot?
    A Vegan for a Vegetarian........who likes seafood............who cooks with bacon grease.............uh don't tell her but I don't think she is a vegetarian......Glad the doctor approves of .............was it the divorce or the diet???

Shhhh, that's our secret. Wouldn't want her changing.

I've made some attempts to eat healthier (I eat out a lot for work) but a lot (most) of it is due to less stress and more fun!