Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: What is the Definition of SHTF?

Dont worry about shitting yourself
    Ahhh, yes,.i remember times kind of like that.

And friends who i just knew were going to blow it.
    Liberty is not a cruise ship full of pampered passengers.
    Liberty is a Man-Of-War, and we are all crew.

CC Gray Panther
    Stormy ; You certainly have a way with words brother.
    As for the Smuckers jelly; Yea I'll probably have a couple with me when hover boarding . As for old school versus new school ; In today's warfare it's the combination that will decide the outcome. Technology is fine until it goes down. Then we'll back to the older days ; yet there's always going to be someone who can piece both generations of warfare together and I'm betting that you're that guy along with some other youngins' on this site.

Warfare is like baking a cake. I learned much from 68 to 73. Yet I learned more from the guys in Korea and W.W.-2 guys. These men did things I thought I'd never do. ( never say never ) Many of the things told to me were to teach me a lesson and yes it helped me in my time in the Army. Yet I've had to learn the difference between now and then.
    2 generations have grown up without moral standings. Those who have the understanding are in the minority. They
    must learn that when the time comes that they are going up against animals who know not morality. There fore we all must understand that we'll be up against beasts and that no quarter is given lest we lose the war.

How much of my knowledge is worth while I have no idea. But I'll give it freely and hope it pans out for the better. Now as for me ; I've have young relatives tell me I'm getting old and fragile so you better hurry this game up or I'm likely to get my dead man's last jump too early.
    Last edited by eagle326; 06-12-2015 at 12:01 PM.

Dont worry about shitting yourself
    There was a song once about how things you never thought could happen, did happen just like that, under the right circumstances.
    It was just a song, but many writers use life to write from, so maybe there was some truth in there.
    I took from, coupled with what i have seen and heard, to mean that one should keep an open mind, for, just because you think something is impossible, for someone else it may be the only logical next thing. This doesnt even count that things happen in nature that we humans just dont see very often, either because we just arent in the right place at the right time, or because the cycle is too large for our little minds to grasp. We think its impossible, for nature, its that time again, just another day.
    Liberty is not a cruise ship full of pampered passengers.
    Liberty is a Man-Of-War, and we are all crew.

For the Love of Cats

You mean like a bird, evolving to withstand -60C temps, changing to eliminate flight, developing swimming skills to rival a fish, traverse thousands of miles by foot and 6" legs from mating grounds to feeding grounds, laying eggs in the most in-hospitable place on the planet... And yet thriving?? That kind of impossible? If that kind of feat were possible I would name them badboys 'Penguins' after the gnarly assed hockey team from Pittsburg!

As for the next best impossibility, I would look in the mirror and think of my ancestors, running around hunting sabre tooth tigers with rocks and sticks. Damn! even they knew good eats!

Nothing is impossible. If you think it is, the way to do it just hasn't been figured out yet... but give me time, I'm still young...

rofl!
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

CC Gray Panther
    Quote Originally Posted by bacpacker View Post
    Old fart knows stuff. That's one to keep in mind.

Does this mean Eagle has a new name? ��

SON!! ; Don't make me drive to Tennessee and give you a fetching up. I answer to 1 name and 1 name only. Are we clear on the matter son ?

I'll most likely shit myself

Just funning with you Pop!

plenty of extra room "down his pants"
    Someone was overly touched by The March of the Penguins
    "Takes .357 to the field... every time..."
    "AR - America's Rifle"
    "Bushido, an honourable way of life"

For the Love of Cats

That, and "surf's up"
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

CC Gray Panther
    Quote Originally Posted by bacpacker View Post
    Just funning with you Pop!

I know; but someone has to mess with you.

I'll most likely shit myself

I know. But I thought old fart was a term of endearment? ??