Thread: Raspberry question...

Do NOT mess with him while he's pumping gas.

Raspberry question...

I've got a raspberry that is producing, and growing like a weed. It's about the same footprint and height as a washing machine this year, which is about a 300% increase over last year. My question is, as I was mowing yesterday, I was trying to get the grass out from under it and noticed that there are 2 additional plants coming up out of the yard, 2-3 feet from the mother plant. I want to move them to a new location, but I don't know if they're coming up from a "runner" or if they've sprouted from seed. Anybody have experience with this? I don't want to damage either plant, but at least one has come up in a location where it will be an issue when it gets big.
    Common sense is so rare these days, it should be re-classified as a super power.

Do you have a robot?
    I have found if you pull them up some you will see they have little roots, just cut off the section and plant it. Just plan a head berry plants want to take over. If you have a lot of bird they like them too. What we have found it they eat them, crap them out when flying and we have berries sprouting all over.
    If it is predictable then it is preventable....... Gordon Graham

So if it is predictable and preventable then you better prepare.

Do NOT mess with him while he's pumping gas.

Quote Originally Posted by realist View Post
    I have found if you pull them up some you will see they have little roots, just cut off the section and plant it. Just plan a head berry plants want to take over. If you have a lot of bird they like them too. What we have found it they eat them, crap them out when flying and we have berries sprouting all over.
    Thanks, yes berries take over. My blackberry has so much fruit you can't see leaves. 2 rubber snakes, a yard cat, and netting are finally keeping the mockingbirds off of them.
    Common sense is so rare these days, it should be re-classified as a super power.

Wants you to "look at what he's holding tonight".

Dig it up, if it is attached to the parent plant then you could just re bury it if it does not have its own roots. If it has its own roots, then you can just cut it from the parent plant and move it where you want.
    "When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes DUTY!" - Thomas Jefferson

I'll most likely shit myself

I agree with Helo. If it's attached, but has roots, It'll take off on it's own when removed.