Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Well, today sure sucks.

Dont worry about shitting yourself
    Thanks guys.
    Well, my daughter got diagnosed a year ago, and not long after she decided she didnt want to take the meds and eat right, so she kind of brought this on. Now, she must reap the rewards. Our son has crohns also diagnosed 3 yrs ago. He did the same, narrowly avoided surgery about a month ago. My wife also has it, it runs in her family. She got diagnosed 2 yrs ago, not long after getting diagnosed with fibromyalgia and hypothyroidism (her thyroid is dying).
    Cancer runs hard in my dads family, his first bout was prostate cancer back in 97, and several smaller things since. He had the lymphoma a year ago, stage 4, but beat it totally with chemo. At his 6 month check, it was back, and he had more on the scan than he had the year before at stage 4. Before, it was in the organs and lymph nodes. Now, its in the bones, muscle, and skin. Im starting to think it might have moved into his brain. He is finishing a scan as i type this, so we will know soon enough. Since its in the skin, he has these large, seeping sores that are coming up all over his trunk. I am waiting at his bouse now for a plumber, and just washed his clothes last night. He cant run his washer any more, or drive. I think hes driven maybe three times this year. Hes now taking something for pain every day, and has a hard time getting a comfortable position to sleep.
    Basically, theres nothing much to do, just try to make it as easy for him as possible.

Mom died 10yrs ago, massive heart attack on the couch in her sleep. Seeing her after, she didnt even feel it. Its starting to look like hes going to take what she missed, and get his own.
    I hope not.
    We all must leave here, but theres something to be said for quicker over slower.
    Liberty is not a cruise ship full of pampered passengers.
    Liberty is a Man-Of-War, and we are all crew.

I'll most likely shit myself

So sorry to hear about all this with your dad. One of my grandmaws passed from cancer and toward the end, last 2-3 months they had her on a morphine drip to keep her comfortable. Horrible for people to have to go thru something like that.

Walking on Sunshine

Gunfixr, My prayers are going out to you and the family.