So, i posted a couple things this am, and headed off to work. I was taking the big truck, because ive been trying to sell it, and the shop is on a fairly major throughway. My wife gets off today about the perfect time to come and picke me up, and the truck can sit by the road for sale.
I never drive it, it gets about 12mpg, and i go 40 miles each way to work, my wife goes almost 30 each way, plus with the fibro, shes not up to climbing in it very often. Im tired of watching it slowly rot in the yard, while paying for city fees, tags, and insurance.
Its taken awhile to get the right day, when my wifes schedule matches enough to not make a special 80 mile round trip.
I didnt make it half way there. Got on a 4 mile bridge with the strong smell of cooking brakes in my nose. By the time i get to the other side, its pulling to the left. Hitting the brakes makes it dive right, hard.
Hhmm, front left caliper is frozen tight against the rotor. It had been fine for the 6 miles of city traffic that precedes this bridge. So, i stop at a bojangles there off the bridge for some breakfast, and cooling time. Of course, im going to be late for work. So, it cools off, goes back to normal. This had happened once a year or so ago, it sits too much, but now, i figure its gtg, as last time it happened once. Nope, few more miles, i smell cooking brakes again. Im now rural, getting country, so places to pull off and park for awhile are getting slimmer. Its getting hot inside, and i decided to roll up the window and get some ac, not to mention a relief from the brake smell.
Nope, the damn window isnt going up (power windows).
Obviously, at this point, im not leaving it for sale at the shop. Plus, i come home just before dark, to have to deal with getting the window back up. Might as well just turn around, and have the daytime to get it straight.
Took over an hour to get the 20 miles back home, with stopping to let the brakes cool every so often.
Got home, took the door apart, removed the window motor.
It works great, smooth and quiet.
Really??
So, its almost 1pm, if i went to work, id have a couple hours to drive back an hour.
What a waste.
So, here i sit, might as well get my pirate on.
Captain morgans 100, baby.

Its f@$#ing 5 o'clock somewhere.