I was at a meeting, it was going to be a table top on anthrax but at the time Ebola was the buzz word, so we went into infection control. We also covered some about a recent earthquake.

We had a guest speaker who started off by saying "Sheldon Cooper was right you should have your slippers next to your bed." WTF? He told us the reason is to protect your feet, no kidding. He related a story about after the Napa Earthquake over 800 people were treated for lacerated feet mainly due to glass. The local hospitals were overwhelmed and quickly ran out of suture kits. They put out an emergency request to out of area hospitals for more kits. This got me to thinking one it might be a good idea to have some more substantial slippers for one and maybe pick up a couple of extra suture kits. I also did a note to self to check to make sure I annually check my supplies to keep current on topical antibiotics for wounds as well as other meds.

Just thought I would pass this on, I thought it was interesting start to a talk.