Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: look who the cat drug back...

RIP, brother. We are diminshed.

look who the cat drug back...

edit: looking back at this, it's just random thoughts. please understand.

OK guys, i am back! well, going to be around. i had a few things going on and needed time to tend too them. i am fine, well, as good as i am. the biggest reason for the leave of absence, i just wasn't feeling it anymore. nothing to do with you guys n gals, just the whole 'prepping' thing in general.

my health wasn't the greatest, feeling better now. things around me were/are out of my control and i needed some down time. i played in the garden, messed with the bees, the puppies, oh my girls are great. spent some time in the woods. worked on my truck. but didn't do a thing in the garage. LOL no carving, no building, no making. nada. well, i am in the process of making a 'condo' for my Love Birds. Peaches and Stupid. made of Fir and doweled/glued together instead of screw/glue/nails. bought a few more smaller power and hand tools. 'better to have and not need, than need and not have'

spent some time with the neighbor boy, teaching him about the woods and starting fires with a ferro rod. mom and dad got a divorce and the kid spends way too much time on the computer playing video games and dad (not speaking ill) doesn't spend 'dad' time with him. not that i am/was looking to replace him. i just have a different 'skill set' to teach the boy. we went fishing a few times and even caught a few nice Crappie and Large Mouths. showed him Alligators and Snakes ARE to respected and not feared. too hot to camp, just yet, but plans are in the works. picked up an older Bear First Strike Compound Bow. so i can help the neighbor kid learn more about shooting his. he's a lefty and i am a righty. hard to show him on his bow. kicking myself for getting rid of my Browning.

i worked a barter for some Maxped and Camelbak packs i have wanted.(more to come later) expanded my med supplies and training. i took a refresher class on Intermediate Wound Care. suturing and the like as well as a First Responder refresher. found a stash of ammo i had forgotten about and shot a little to keep my skill level at an acceptable level. it's like riding a bike, muscle memory is the key.

did some reading. yes, i read a book or 3. and worked on my finances. still poorer than a church mouse's cousin. LOL but working a little, non the less. lost a fair amount of weight and gained a little back. nature of 'my beast'.

picked up a few custom knives. i met Dave on another site, before i left the interweb and struck up a conversation and then a barter. we kept in touch via e-mail. now i have 3 of his knives. have talked to him about designing my own and he's on-board with the idea. i will do a thread on his customs if anyone is interested.

as always, thanks for listening
    rob

looking for ideas for a Welcome Back Giveaway. need input!
    "Ya need a hug, or a twinkee? Wait..forget the twinkie". - Dropy

"I'll be in my bunk" Jayne Cobb

'Catch, sauté, and release...' Sniper-T

'Always smile... it makes people wonder what the fuck you are thinking!' Sniper-T

Body Armor is not bullet proof, it is only bullet resistant.* Learn to become strictly a head hunter.*

'All I really needed was a hug'............ Domeguy

For the Love of Cats

welcome back kitty kitty!

just getting hungry!

Missed ya bud!
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

CC Gray Panther
    Glad you're back! Was beginning to think you joined the Foreign Legion. Good job showing the boy that there are many other useful crafts to learn that may help him in the future.

I'll most likely shit myself

Well look who the cat dragged in! Glad your back bto. And things are moving on for you.

Do you have a robot?
    Welcome back. i still want to get some bees and you are my resource for them
    If it is predictable then it is preventable....... Gordon Graham

So if it is predictable and preventable then you better prepare.

plenty of extra room "down his pants"
    Feline with Sweet Baby Rays sounds good...

WB slacker..

EB
    "Takes .357 to the field... every time..."
    "AR - America's Rifle"
    "Bushido, an honourable way of life"

Resident Seafood Procurement Officer

I understand how life can get in the way. Glad you are back. Sometimes, I have to take a break, too.

Oh, lobster season opens in a couple weeks. So, there is a silver lining.

looking at their tools while posting pictures of mine.
    about 20 minutes outside Lynchburg, TN...but which way...
    I was just thinking about how you were doing earlier this week while I was shooting my 22 with your sling on it. I understand the need for some down time, and I am glad your back. As far as a Welcome back Giveaway, I'm thinking a week llong, all inclusive stay at your place, right smack dab in the sunny Florida keys. This package will include fishing with Rob, hunting with Rob, camping with Rob, reading with Rob, and, as a special bonus, looking at gators with Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper-T View Post
    welcome back kitty kitty!

just getting hungry!

Missed ya bud!
    thanks. Sweet Baby Rays Sweet & Spicy makes anything taste better!

Quote Originally Posted by eagle326 View Post
    Glad you're back! Was beginning to think you joined the Foreign Legion. Good job showing the boy that there are many other useful crafts to learn that may help him in the future.
    the French are afraid of me. i did think about it in my youth. the downside, i didn't want to be FRENCH! Proud to be an AMERICAN! someone has too look out for the youth of today. parents are LACKING. if not me, than who? i gave his 1st custom wrapped ferro rod. i talk to his mom an occasion and she said it's one of his most coveted gifts. looking at getting him a custom Dave Evans Knife here shortly. he liked the one i have. 'if' i were a nice guy, i would give him mine, but as we all know, i am not that nice!. LOL really, i think it would be better for him to get a new one. one that doesn't have 'my stink' on it. LMAO!

Quote Originally Posted by bacpacker View Post
    Well look who the cat dragged in! Glad your back bto. And things are moving on for you.
    moving is one word for it. LOL i like it!

Quote Originally Posted by realist View Post
    Welcome back. i still want to get some bees and you are my resource for them
    let me know how i can help. i have been working my buddies bees. it;s been a bad year for them down here. mine left? he had 12 colonies and has 4 now. the weather has been screwy. my garden went to pot. too much rain and the heat has been horrible. didn't matter what i did, just couldn't save it. always fall/winter.

Quote Originally Posted by ElevenBravo View Post
    Feline with Sweet Baby Rays sounds good...

WB slacker..

EB
    slacker? been busier than a 1 legged man in an ass kicking contest!. see above concerning Sweet Baby Ray's. looks like i missed you evolution to the AR platform. did we abandon the Chi-Com Crap? LOL

Quote Originally Posted by piranha2 View Post
    I understand how life can get in the way. Glad you are back. Sometimes, I have to take a break, too.

Oh, lobster season opens in a couple weeks. So, there is a silver lining.
    a break is good! i am too far north for Lobster. but i do have other things to harvest! looking at cooler weather, the rabbits are taking over the front yard. if they make it into the back, they belong to my hunter, Belle. she is Kemmer Cur and run anything till it's tongue falls off. LOL my other one, Tinker my Rat Terror/ Lack Russel mix, just follows raising hell or cheering Belle on, can't decide which. neat to listen too them go!

'Always smile... it makes people wonder what the fuck you are thinking!' Sniper-T

Body Armor is not bullet proof, it is only bullet resistant.* Learn to become strictly a head hunter.*

Quote Originally Posted by Domeguy View Post
    I was just thinking about how you were doing earlier this week while I was shooting my 22 with your sling on it. I understand the need for some down time, and I am glad your back. As far as a Welcome back Giveaway, I'm thinking a week llong, all inclusive stay at your place, right smack dab in the sunny Florida keys. This package will include fishing with Rob, hunting with Rob, camping with Rob, reading with Rob, and, as a special bonus, looking at gators with Rob.
    don't how i missed you in the other thread? good to know that i was on your mind... how is the sling? to your standards? big/long enough? how's the rifle shoot? your welcome to come down and stay, but know i am in the wrong part of the state for some of what your wanting. i am in the Panhandle, a world away from the Keys. we can do the fishing(buddies private lake), hunting(hogs are running rampant), camping(Blackwater State forest is big enough to get lost in), reading(i only read practical knowledge books) and can take you and let you 'pet' a few bid ol' gators. i know of a couple spots that have 11' and 12 footers. they are nice and love out of towners. LMAO!

EDIT to original post. i have perfected my smoking skills! got my rub figured out! so good the neighbor wants to pay me to do him a couple Pork Loins.