Within the month we will make a final decision on a solar electric system for our home. I do not intend to rent or lease, it will be a purchase. Not sure if the H.E.R.O. program is a national or state program but we have been approved for the loan, low cost, billed on property tax and becomes a tax deduction. In about 2 weeks we begin to listen to proposals from 3 different companies.

We will be tied into the grid, but I want a system that will not be grid dependent as when, not if, the grid goes down I still have electricity to at least run some basic items. In about 2 weeks we begin to listen to proposals from 3 different companies. Our electric usage in our 3 hottest months July - Sept. averages 51 kWh per day and in our coldest months, Dec. - Feb. we average 32 kWh/day. These averages are over the last 2 years. I just retired so I will be home and using a bit more electricity during the days.

What questions do you suggest I ask of the sales people who will be making presentations to us? I would love to hear from those of you who have a system in place.