Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Obamas executive action for gun control

I'll most likely shit myself

Obamas executive action for gun control

I just found this link to Obummers just released Executive actions due to be spoken of tomorrow by the king himself.
    I started to put this in the weapons forum, but felt like it was breaking news instead. Mods please move it if you feel its appropriate.

http://www.al.com/news/index.ssf/201..._river_h%20ome

Ahead of a national address Tuesday, the White House is releasing details of its planned executive order related to tightening restrictions on firearms.

In a series of documents posted to its website, the Obama administration outlines the regulations, which include an increase in the number of background checks required for firearms purchases.

"Gun violence has taken a heartbreaking toll on too many communities across the country," the White House document noted. "Over the past decade in America, more than 100,000 people have been killed as a result of gun violence—and millions more have been the victim of assaults, robberies, and other crimes involving a gun."

The provisions are:

Closes 'gun-show' loophole

Require gun dealers, whether they sell in a store, at gun shows or over the internet, to conduct background checks on those wanting to purchase a firearm. The administration is not setting a limit on the number of transactions someone can make before they are considered a "gun dealer" but notes that "even a few transactions" can be enough to require a license and a background check. Failure to obtain a license can result in up to five years in prison and a fine of up to $250,000.

Close loophole related to trust and corporate purchases

The National Firearms Act restricts sale of weapons such as machine guns and sawed-off shotguns. In recent years, individuals have been able to avoid background checks by purchasing these weapons through trusts, corporations or other legal entities. The number of these types of applications grew from fewer than 900 in 2000 to more than 90,000 in 2014, the White House said. The order will require people purchasing these weapons through trusts or other legal entities to undergo a background check.

Check out the link for the rest of the list.

plenty of extra room "down his pants"
    So, when I buy a weapon off grabagun, Ill have to do a background check now? No longer can be shipped to my door USPS 1st class anymore?
    "Takes .357 to the field... every time..."
    "AR - America's Rifle"
    "Bushido, an honourable way of life"

Looks like. I just wonder how a face to face by individuals would go? Some of my buys have been of this type and I would prefer to keep it that way.

All hell is breaking out in the middle east, the stock market plunging again, the asian markets are in bad shape and our "Dear Leader" is more concerned that law abiding citizens will buy another gun. How many days left, about 375?

may be in trouble

Too f***ing many.

Way to many

Do you have a robot?
    I am soooooo tired of those guys, why can't they just leave us alone?????????????
    If it is predictable then it is preventable....... Gordon Graham

So if it is predictable and preventable then you better prepare.

looking at their tools while posting pictures of mine.
    about 20 minutes outside Lynchburg, TN...but which way...
    Quote Originally Posted by realist View Post
    I am soooooo tired of those guys, why can't they just leave us alone?????????????
    Because you still have a gun, and they won't rest until they can rescue you by taking it away, thereby making your life safer!
    How in the hell do these idiots think taking away guns from legally permitted holders will make all the criminals guns disappear is beyond stupidity. They never tell us about the criminals guns and what will happen to those.

If you saw any of O's footage, he mentioned a 15yo from Knoxville, Tn who was killed while saving some girls. He failed to mention that was 1 shooting out of 5 during a 2 day back and forth by a couple of gangs. Everyone arrested so far in connection were convicted felons. All had weapons and would not have been sold a gun thru the background checks.

plenty of extra room "down his pants"
    Why this, why that? I think a lot of the questions can be answered here...

https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...tegory=0&page=

EB
    "Takes .357 to the field... every time..."
    "AR - America's Rifle"
    "Bushido, an honourable way of life"