Thread: New Jersey gun law is against any funny business...litterally!

looking at their tools while posting pictures of mine.
    about 20 minutes outside Lynchburg, TN...but which way...

New Jersey gun law is against any funny business...litterally!

Copied from Fox News

A New Jersey comic isn't laughing after a bit part in a low budget movie backfired, and saw him charged with weapons violations for packing a replica gun during a scene.

Carlo Bellario was filming scenes for an independent film in a residential neighborhood in November in a role he took on for free and the chance to be entered in the Internet Movie Database. His character was a drug dealer's bodyguard, and Bellario toted a realistic-looking airsoft gun that was meant to fool big screen viewers one day. Well, it worked on neighbors along the Woodbridge street, who had no idea a movie was being shot and that the tough guy with a firearm was harmless, according to News 12 New Jersey. But the prop proved to be a little too realistic as residents in the neighborhood called cops leading several officers to respond.

Things got worse when Bellario learned too late that the movie's producers had no permit to shoot the movie, much less to film with a replica gun. Bellario was handcuffed, arrested and charged with weapons possession under New Jersey’s strict gun laws, which say any weapon that fires projectile - even if it is just a pellet - is a firearm.

“Who thinks they are going to go to a set to film a scene and wind up spending the night in jail?” Bellario tells FoxNews.com. “It’s so senseless. I’m still waiting for Ashton Kutcher to jump out and tell me that I’ve been punk’d.”

He did a four-day stint in the Middlesex County Jail, where he was held on $10,000 bail. The movie’s producers backed out of their promise to pay his bond, he said.

“They left me high and dry,” he said.

The trip to the lockup was just the beginning. Until his court situation in resolved, he is not allowed to leave the state, he said.*

"That means I can’t go on the road for comedy gigs," he said. "I can’t earn any money.”

Bellario is still trying to raise money for his legal fees. He started Go Fund Me page, where he has raised nearly $4,000. Facing up to five years in prison, Bellario also says that he is also having trouble finding a lawyer willing to take on his case and hopes that someone is willing to work pro bono.*

“No one wants to touch it for less than $10, 000,” he said referring to his search for legal representation.

The comedian also plans to hold a benefit stand-up show. Bellario also says that he is being treated unfairly for an issue that was out of his control.

“I didn’t go there to wave a gun around and scare people,” he said. “As an actor, I’m not required to make sure that the producer has all the proper permits.”

finally pooped
    +1 for reasons not to move to New Jersey
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunfixr View Post
    Welcome to the internet.
    One of us types in our heart and soul, and then puts it up for the world.
    Then, the rest get to interpret it.
    It is literal, or figurative?
    Sad, or happy?
    Angry, or calm?
    Just black and white words on a screen.
    Not like a conversation in person, with facial expressions, body language, tone of voice.

Still, we here pretty much slide along without issues.
    Imagine how well we could get along in person.

Or, we would just think each other is a bunch of assholes

For the Love of Cats

He should call Ted. The Nuge loves this kind of thing!
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

that's just got to be the stupidest and out of control police actions around .... I would think the booking sergeant would kick a patrolperson's azz for even arresting someone - but the DA pushes charges ???? ....

this is like someone having a garage sale without a permit ....

plenty of extra room "down his pants"
    Ive said it before, Jersey only has two things... yankees and dirty water, and I have no use for either...

EB
    "Takes .357 to the field... every time..."
    "AR - America's Rifle"
    "Bushido, an honourable way of life"

Do you have a robot?
    And you guys thought the Left Coast was bad..........

I know just about.
    If it is predictable then it is preventable....... Gordon Graham

So if it is predictable and preventable then you better prepare.

He's old and grumpy, but not fat. He'll be right back...he has to go tell some kids to get off his lawn

Only state I know of where you need a permit to buy a b b gun. The Democratic People's Republic of New Jersey.
    "There are no winners in war, only bigger losers"

If you see me or hear me coming, I'm not doing my job.