Solar powered ice makers, it sounds too good to be true. But I've been looking into newer, smaller ice makers that use less power to run, and while it will be costly, I think it's now time for me to try it. I tried using a peltier device to keep a small cooler cold for emergencies, (like insulin and beer) but shelved that idea for now because I want to be able to cool a lot more than what its properties would allow. If you don't know what a peltier device is, don't feel bad, most people don't, look it up on YouTube as I think they are worth knowing about. But I'm leaning towards a portable battery bank with 2-100Ah batteries to share the load, that can be recharged by solar panels or AC from the grid, with a charge controller. But for power output, I want to be able to use AC for things like lights or a small refrigerator or freezer, and DC to power things like cell phones, tablets, and DC lights as they use such low power. But I didn't want to keep it locked in my garage tied into my home AC system. I wanted to be able to take it where I wanted to. I had been drawing schematics for a few yrs off and on, but when I found out Pintrest wasn't just about foofy pillows for couches, I also found others had been making these solar generators for a while, but still small scale. Goal Zero has a 1250W battery and solar charger pack out, but they want $2500-4000. And still only one battery. I have almost everything I need to construct this beast. Mainly, the big cost is still the 2 batteries, which will run between $400-700, depending on what kind of a deal I can get. But after all of this mumboo jumboo of words here, has anyone else here bought or made one, and is anyone else interested in how I make (or blow up) one?