I assume everyone here at least keeps a small amount of soap and other cleaning items on hand. So, lets hear what kind and why.

Type of soap, brand?, use, amount kept on hand, why you specifically chose that soap.

For me I store quite a few different types, almost all bar soap,

1. Ivory spring bar soap, currently have 7x3packs, use for hand and body soap though I think each person should have their own to prevent sickness in general, smells good, $1 per 3 at the dollar store and I'm a cheap ass.

2. Lava Soap bars, only 5 bars,use for hands or body for really gritty things, works great on really tough stuff but it's expensive

3. Dish soap is dollar store big bottles, 4 on hand, though we use the dishwasher so it just sits there.

4. BABY WIPES/HAND WIPES I keep both on hand in large amounts, almost 2 cases of each. Even though we have the ocean right outside saltwater can irritate and cause micro cuts on your skin once it dries into crystals, allowing skin infections. This isn't a guess, I spent almost 3 weeks in Panama and tried to bathe in the ocean. After the first week I had a skin infection on my lower back, center chest and.... other chafing areas. Found out I'm an idiot.

I like bar soap because it's really hard to use too much and be wasteful. Unlike body wash liquid where you can use a ton and waste it. I don't stockpile shampoo and conditioner because I have almost no hair, and everyone in the house in a long term situation would be getting a short haircut for hygiene.

I have no idea how women can have so much hair and shower every other day or less. I keep mine less than 2 inches and have to shower every day otherwise it feels grimy and oily.