Thread: Have yall seen this? Michigan loses the right to farm.

Wants you to "look at what he's holding tonight".

Have yall seen this? Michigan loses the right to farm.

Last edited by Sniper-T; 05-06-2016 at 02:23 AM. Reason: spelling nazi :cool:
    "When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes DUTY!" - Thomas Jefferson

Walking on Sunshine

It's only going to get worse, helo. They'll probably go after the residential veggie patches next. God forbid I grow a little food on my residential property, might drive down the property values don'cha know.

may be in trouble

Was there any actual justification for such numbwittedness? or just a bunch of HOA ho's and collective-farm activists joining farces, I mean forces?

Agriculture is how this country feeds itself. Large AND small. I'm VERY pleased to see the important-to-small-ag step Gov. Pence has taken, by getting the State of Indiana the F out of the way of the small farmer.

I'm not up to date on whether MI has any Hutterite/Mennonite/Amish populations, but this piece of filth decision stands to destroy them. felchin' paper warrior ...

I'll shut up now, I read this with my wake up coffee and still cleaning up the spew....

Last few years I'd heard about the Upper Peninsula wanting to become North Michigan as a separate state. Also some mutters about letting Detroit and the rest of the Thumb (the term I saw used) become a state other than the state it is now... a state of disrepair.

Now I see why.

Guerilla gardening just took a new turn.

Katrina, is this gonna hit any of you and yours?

A very much bemused Kesephist.

Reading this, it is hard to believe that it is not in California. Many years back we had about a dozen chickens and a rooster. Even though we were in the suburbs, my neighbors loved hearing the rooster. Unfortunately the second time our flock was wiped out by coyotes, we never restocked.

finally pooped
    wtf? Another wonderful reason to live away from cities.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunfixr View Post
    Welcome to the internet.
    One of us types in our heart and soul, and then puts it up for the world.
    Then, the rest get to interpret it.
    It is literal, or figurative?
    Sad, or happy?
    Angry, or calm?
    Just black and white words on a screen.
    Not like a conversation in person, with facial expressions, body language, tone of voice.

Still, we here pretty much slide along without issues.
    Imagine how well we could get along in person.

Or, we would just think each other is a bunch of assholes

Walking on Sunshine

Kesephist
    The only "farmer" in the family was my grand uncle who ran a small herd of jersey's(cows) but he is gone now and the farm is just another subdivision. We have a few small farms here. One of the farms grows Non-GMO and organic vegetables, the farm is only about 2-3 years old. I believe they have a few chickens and a couple of goats too. I call the owners young kids, they're in their late twenties trying to do sustainable farming. They probably will be targeted. I hope not as we are going to sign up for their monthly delivery of veggies and eggs this year. We do have a good population of Amish and Mennonites in Michigan. I don't know if they will be targeted as it has something to do with their religion and way of life AND where they are in the state. they have large farms here so they probably won't be considered under the ban.

stark assed naked and butt to nut with no issues
    The way I am reading this, people havent lost the right to farm, there is just a regulation put into affect where local governments can allow local ordinances to arbitrarily ban goats, chickens and beehives on any property where there are 13 homes within one eighth mile or a residence within 250 feet of the property, Now granted, that in itself it big, but doesnt necessarily mean that local governments will enact it. It could have implications in the future, and I will follow it closely, thats for sure.
    Last edited by Stormfeather; 05-09-2016 at 02:54 AM.
    RELIGION IS LIKE A PENIS
    Its fine to have one,
    Its fine to be proud of it,
    But please dont whip it out in public and start waving it around,
    And PLEASE dont try to force it down my children's throats.

An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.

Crotch Rocket

From what I've read, tbis was way sensationalized and out of context. MI right to farm doeant, and hasn't granted individuals the right to plant crops or raise livestock. What it did was establish aset of criteria and a legal defense for farmers against civil lawsuits in the 1980's. In 2014 these criteria were changed, and those changes did work to exclude some urban/ suburban farmers from using right to farm as a legal defense in civil suits. This is independent of local governments ability to create zoning laws/ ordnances either for or against raising livestock and crops.

Unless I've missed something I don't see right to farm as being any issue at all. It was certainly misrepresented in that article.
    Consilio et animis

Essayons!

finally pooped
    Misrepresented or not, it's how the asshat lawyers will try to get a judge to interpret it that will become the main factor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunfixr View Post
    Welcome to the internet.
    One of us types in our heart and soul, and then puts it up for the world.
    Then, the rest get to interpret it.
    It is literal, or figurative?
    Sad, or happy?
    Angry, or calm?
    Just black and white words on a screen.
    Not like a conversation in person, with facial expressions, body language, tone of voice.

Still, we here pretty much slide along without issues.
    Imagine how well we could get along in person.

Or, we would just think each other is a bunch of assholes

stark assed naked and butt to nut with no issues
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesneuen View Post
    Misrepresented or not, it's how the asshat lawyers will try to get a judge to interpret it that will become the main factor.
    True
    RELIGION IS LIKE A PENIS
    Its fine to have one,
    Its fine to be proud of it,
    But please dont whip it out in public and start waving it around,
    And PLEASE dont try to force it down my children's throats.

An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.