Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Milwaukee Riots

He's old and grumpy, but not fat. He'll be right back...he has to go tell some kids to get off his lawn

Milwaukee Riots

Yet another police shooting of a black man, yet another riot, and this time the facts are clearly evident from the officer's body camera.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/08/15...ht-unrest.html

One person shot in Milwaukee during second night of unrest

Published August 15, 2016
    Associated Press

MILWAUKEE – Police said an 18-year-old man was shot and seriously injured at a Milwaukee protest on Sunday and officers used an armored vehicle to retrieve the man and take him to a hospital, as tense skirmishes erupted for a second night following Saturday's police shooting of a black man.

Some two dozen officers in riot gear confronted about 150 people who blocked an intersection near the fatal shooting Saturday afternoon, and more arrived. Police moved in to try to disperse the crowd and warned of arrests after protesters threw bottles and rocks at police and shots were fired.

Earlier Sunday, police Chief Edward Flynn said the man whose death touched off Saturday night's rioting was shot after he turned toward an officer with a gun in his hand.

Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker put the National Guard on standby for any repeat of violence. Protests were peaceful most of Sunday evening before the confrontation after 11 p.m.

Flynn cautioned that the shooting was still under investigation and authorities were awaiting autopsy results, but that based on the silent video from the unidentified officer's body camera, he "certainly appeared to be within lawful bounds."

At the same news conference, Mayor Tom Barrett said a still image pulled from the footage clearly showed a gun in 23-year-old Sylville K. Smith's hand as he fled a traffic stop Saturday.

"I want our community to know that," Barrett said. But he also called for understanding for Smith's family.

"A young man lost his life yesterday afternoon," the mayor said. "And no matter what the circumstances are, his family has to be hurting."

Flynn declined to identify the officer who shot Smith but said he is black. The police chief said he wasn't sure what prompted the stop but described Smith's car as "behaving suspiciously."

After watching the officer's body camera footage, Flynn said the entire episode took about 25 seconds, from the start of the traffic stop until shots were fired. He said Smith ran "a few dozen feet" and turned toward the officer while holding a gun.

"It was in his hand. He was raising up with it," the chief said. He said the officer had told Smith to drop the gun and he did not do so. It was unclear how many rounds the officer fired. Smith was hit in the chest and arm, Flynn said.

Walker activated Wisconsin's National Guard, and 125 Guard members reported to local armories to prepare for further instructions. Flynn said they would not be deployed unless the chief decided to do so. Flynn said 150 department officers specially trained in managing big protests had also been mobilized.

The facts no longer make a difference. If the suspect is black, protest, loot and riot.
    "There are no winners in war, only bigger losers"

If you see me or hear me coming, I'm not doing my job.

For the Love of Cats

More stupid people doing stupid things.
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

Wants to know if that is a nut tool for a fire hydrant nozzle

Proves it's not about the cause, but the mayhem.

no mention of the racist chanting? ... no mention of the racist beatings of white motorists? .... no mention of the racist comments of burning & looting the suburbs? ....

was this CNN - the Clinton Network News filtered?
    Last edited by Illini Warrior; 08-15-2016 at 08:22 PM.

Do NOT mess with him while he's pumping gas.

Quote Originally Posted by Illini Warrior View Post
    no mention of the racist chanting? ... no mention of the racist beatings of white motorists? .... no mention of the racist comments of burning & looting the suburbs? ....

was this CNN - the Clinton Network News filtered?
    Where is George Zimmerman when you need him?
    Common sense is so rare these days, it should be re-classified as a super power.

looking at their tools while posting pictures of mine.
    about 20 minutes outside Lynchburg, TN...but which way...
    It has already been shown that the facts do not matter. I may be wrong as to the event, but I believe it was in Furgison, MO. The media, (I was most likely watching Fox News) was interviewing the local black leaders the day before the facts were to be released about the shooting of a black male. The two leaders on television publicly stated no matter what the facts showed, the black male was innocent and the riots would be happening. The stated then the facts do not matter. As a black individual, they would always be in the right, and the whites in charge, would always be wrong. The facts would never matter. EVER

As an after thought, it now seems a new kind of race riot is In the works. The black population is no longer fighting for equality. I'm not really sure what they are fighting for. But I'm wondering, sense the population of some cities and states are very heavily black or white, those battles are all but over. I am curious where the other ethnic groups will stand, fight on one side or stand by and watch?
    "Teach the children quietly
    For someday sons and daughters
    Will rise up and fight while we stood still"

I stayed up all night to see where the sun went. Then it dawned on me.

Do you have a robot?
    I can't believe the police would shoot another unarmed black guy with a gun..........uh well maybe it was unloaded..........how did the cop know it wasn't............did the poor wayward child shoot it...........that must have been a backfire. Why, because he was really turning around his life this time, didn't you see his picture, just the young man you would want your daughter to take out because he was a little short of funds at the moment. We are now seeing the creation of a new protected class.

Tin foil alert, it is a plan to nationalize the police in major cities one department at a time right after each of the cities burn down......
    If it is predictable then it is preventable....... Gordon Graham

So if it is predictable and preventable then you better prepare.

I'll most likely shit myself

What is exactly their plan. And the rioters are too stupid to figure out it will be much worse then.

luv the "outside agitators" excuse again .... the locals start in almost immediately with the rioting & looting after the shooting - yet the Milwk mayor and PD chief are blaming everything on a couple of black commies that came north from Chicago the next day ...

how do they expect to begin to solve a problem when they won't even face it? ....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ak474u View Post
    Where is George Zimmerman when you need him?

they keep stopping cars and assaulting white drivers/passengers - somebody is going to empty their 15 rounds into the crowd ....

Do NOT mess with him while he's pumping gas.

Quote Originally Posted by Illini Warrior View Post
    luv the "outside agitators" excuse again .... the locals start in almost immediately with the rioting & looting after the shooting - yet the Milwk mayor and PD chief are blaming everything on a couple of black commies that came north from Chicago the next day ...

how do they expect to begin to solve a problem when they won't even face it? ....

- - - Updated - - -

they keep stopping cars and assaulting white drivers/passengers - somebody is going to empty their 15 rounds into the crowd ....
    There's a reason I carry 6 17 round mags in my EDC bag. I'm building a 10.5" AR pistol for a truck gun for this reason. I'm more concerned with the possibility of followers of the religion of peace blocking a highway and going car to car shooting people, or mass shooter type situation, but I'm not gonna be Reginald Denny either.
    Common sense is so rare these days, it should be re-classified as a super power.