Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Had a little issue yesterday

Wants you to "look at what he's holding tonight".

Had a little issue yesterday

First we live on a long dirt road, 4 miles only 1 other person lives on it. My son called and told me a guy on a 4 wheeler pulled a gun on him and chased his truck. He said the guy pulled to the side to let him pass, then after he passed the guy started yelling and pulled a gun. The guy chased my son for about 3 miles. Son calls the cops after I told him to. So I am getting pissed at this point, wife is telling me to stay home. Well I just can't. So I grab my sig 229 in .40 and my SKS and head down the road.

I spot the guy coming out of a gate and approach him, he has a pistol on his side. I asked him if he pointed that gun at my son. He starts to walk up to my car explaining. I have my hand on my pistol and told him to not come any closer. I guess he got the point and took a few steps back with his hands up. He got way polite from that point on. I told him the cops where on the way and I was going to stay with him till the cops got there.

Well long story short, no witness's, so they let him go. Going to find out in a few days what the DA is going to do. As the cops where leaving I walked up to him and said he better not mess with my son because of this, or I would be coming back to find him.
    "When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes DUTY!" - Thomas Jefferson

For the Love of Cats

Whoa! Stay safe my friend!
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

I'll most likely shit myself

Big time head on a swivel.

Damn the propane, save the bacon!

I would say that's crazy but that's the world we live in now. Stay frosty...
    Be ready now, you won't have that chance later.

Crotch Rocket

It certainly is the world we live in. I'd say was and will be, as well. Seclusion offers much in security, but I'd say this was a good overall a "good" experience. What you just experienced is, imo, a much more probable shtf scenario than a full-on wrol collapse.

The wolf is already at the gate. I'm glad it didn't escalate, so my questions are

What did you learn from tbis?
    What went well?
    What needs to change?

I'm sure you're already thinking on that
    Consilio et animis

Essayons!

For the Love of Cats

backhoe... back 40...

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

stark assed naked and butt to nut with no issues
    Just curious, if he was coming out of a gate, on a road that only you and one other family live on, then Im going to assume it was the other persons property whos gate he was coming out of, since he was riding a 4wheeler, he obviously had a somewhat short range. Have you made contact with the neighbors and talked to them about this person, explained what transpired, and if this person was allowed access to their property?
    RELIGION IS LIKE A PENIS
    Its fine to have one,
    Its fine to be proud of it,
    But please dont whip it out in public and start waving it around,
    And PLEASE dont try to force it down my children's throats.

An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.

Wants you to "look at what he's holding tonight".

Quote Originally Posted by mitunnelrat View Post
    It certainly is the world we live in. I'd say was and will be, as well. Seclusion offers much in security, but I'd say this was a good overall a "good" experience. What you just experienced is, imo, a much more probable shtf scenario than a full-on wrol collapse.

The wolf is already at the gate. I'm glad it didn't escalate, so my questions are

What did you learn from tbis?
    What went well?
    What needs to change?

I'm sure you're already thinking on that
    Only thing I would change would be to take the other car, it had a camera in it. Other than that, I think I did everything right. I did not escalate the situation, but I was 100% ready to do what needed done. I had the upper hand, he did not know I was coming, my gun was at the ready, his was in a holster. I was mobile with the car, he was on foot.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stormfeather View Post
    Just curious, if he was coming out of a gate, on a road that only you and one other family live on, then Im going to assume it was the other persons property whos gate he was coming out of, since he was riding a 4wheeler, he obviously had a somewhat short range. Have you made contact with the neighbors and talked to them about this person, explained what transpired, and if this person was allowed access to their property?
    From what I understand, his father owns the property. There are many land owners on the road I live on, but only two homes. The rest are just land, no home. His house is on the other side of the property on the next county road over.
    "When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes DUTY!" - Thomas Jefferson

Do you have a robot?
    Not a good situation. It sounds like it came out okay for now. Be careful I would go over the incident with your son again. What could he have done differently. Did you ever find out what the guys problem was?
    If it is predictable then it is preventable....... Gordon Graham

So if it is predictable and preventable then you better prepare.

For the Love of Cats

Perhaps he did not recognize your kid, and thought he was trespassing?