Santa Ana, California.

This large city in Orange County, near Disneyland just passed a city council resolution making Santa Ana a sanctuary city for illegal immigrants. Within a week plans call for the city council to make it a city ordinance, i.e. law. Like other cities around the country, it essentially says that they will do NOTHING to enforce immigration law or report to ICE.

There has been some talk of withholding ALL federal funds from state/county/local agencies that do not enforce federal law. A city the size of Santa Ana could face the loss of tens of MILLIONS of dollars from Washington. Think of transportation, housing, schools, etc.

Santa Ana is already a bit of a craphole city. For 15 years I worked in an area that had a Santa Ana address, though it was county territory and not within the city. I spent plenty of time within the city.

What would happen if your city would decide to become a sanctuary city for bank robbers? Here in California bank robbery is not a local or state crime, it is only a federal crime. What would happen if the local law enforcement agencies decided not to deal with bank robbers? What if they would not share information with the feds investigating robbing a local bank?

I fear we are being set up for s--tload of trouble.