I am posting this thread here to document the repair work done to turn an old RV into a semi reliable bug out/hide out/camp out vehicle. They wanted $2500 in the ad, and in the picture it looked brand new. He neglected to show or tell about all of the extensive water damage to the roof and some of the walls. I ended up paying $1800 cash and drove it home. It has a twin bed in the rt. rear, and the bathroom in the left rear. A kitchen with a 3 burner stove w/oven under it, and the sink to the rt. Opposite this is a new electric refrigerator and a storage cabinet. Behind the driver seat is a couch that folds down into a small bed, and a double bed in the cab above the driver and passenger seats. Including the cab, I think it's about 25 ft in length. In the camper part, the usable space is about 7 1/2 ft wide and 18 ft length. I plan on gutting the entire inside. I will put in a queen mattress in the rear, the bedroom will be approx. 6 ft X 7 1/2 ft, with cabinets near the ceiling, build a few walls and relocate the bathroom in the middle on the rv, with a new kitchen behind the passenger seat, and the couch behind the driver seat. Cabinets all along the ceilings where available. So far I'm still in the tearing out shit stage. I've ordered a new propane instant hot water heater, and a new 2 burner propane stove. The old stove and over will be taken out, and the sink re-used. I plan on a small microwave also.
The bathroom is a one piece tub/shower, toilet and sink in an L pattern. I plan on reusing the entire unit. I will replace all of the plumbing, and put in new PEX water lines. I will put in new copper propane lines. I will replace all of the electric wiring with new lines, and wire it up for solar power, with a 5000w inverter. The AC unit works well for now, so it stays, and for a heat source, I plan to use my portable propane heater when needed. The Ginny needs some work, but for now, I have my 2000w portable Generac generator, and if at a campsite, I can plug into their AC.