Thread: Unintended prepper exercise

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Unintended prepper exercise

I was just out buying soil as I am getting my plants in the garden and pots, and I was listening to the radio, when all of a sudden the broadcast was interrupted by "EEE-oh-EEE-oh-EEE-oh"... the emergency broadcast signal.

I have to be honest... the first thing uttered out of my pie hole was "Alright, here we go!"

I looked at the sky, no storms a-brewing, I thought about river levels.... no flooding possibilities, I thought of an attack of some sorts (North Korea, fanatics and extremists, angry conservatives lol) , even thought of a possible event at the virology lab of infectious diseases that is stationed in my city.

My BOBs in my cars came to mind, and my GOOD Bin in my shed along with my grab and go additional supplies. For the fam and the pets.

I thought of how to reach my son, and my parents (and even my brother). I thought of how to contact my friends with whom I prep and practice with.

I then thought of the easiest route to pick up the wife from work and how to get to my cabin in the woods should there be an issue leaving the city.

I was calm, collected, and practical.

Then the words came across the radio "this is a test of the emergency broadcast signal, in the event of a real emergency..."

And just like that it was over. The end of times did not happen, I wouldn't need to Mad Max up, I still had to go back to work on Friday. I'm still BBQing burgers tonight.

I have to thank, in part, the Ant Colony. You see, all of those thoughts that ran through my head happened in the space of ten seconds or less until the all clear came over the radio. In that span I was able to begin my bug out to safety. While I plan and prepare all of the time anyways, many ideas and advice that I have embraced from these pages have worked their way into my prep plans.

For that I want to give a big thanks to you all!

-Dennis

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Caveman Survival; 05-10-2017 at 08:27 PM.