Thread: Water

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

For those new to the prep side of life, consider purchasing some 6 gallon water jugs from your local Walmart or camping supply place. The advantage of having them is you can move them fairly quickly if necessary. Try moving a 55 gallon drum of water. That drum will about 475 pounds. The 6 gallon jugs are under 50 pounds, so most people can move them.

Start with two jugs, add a teaspoon of chlorine bleach (non-scented)to each one, close it up and it will be good for a long time. I date mine and tend to rotate the water out after about 9 months. It still tastes ok, but fresher water will taste better and the old gets used for irrigation.

Quote Originally Posted by Socalman View Post
    For those new to the prep side of life, consider purchasing some 6 gallon water jugs from your local Walmart or camping supply place. The advantage of having them is you can move them fairly quickly if necessary. Try moving a 55 gallon drum of water. That drum will about 475 pounds. The 6 gallon jugs are under 50 pounds, so most people can move them.

Start with two jugs, add a teaspoon of chlorine bleach (non-scented)to each one, close it up and it will be good for a long time. I date mine and tend to rotate the water out after about 9 months. It still tastes ok, but fresher water will taste better and the old gets used for irrigation.

you need the 5/6/7 gallon sized jugs for re-supply foraging - if the outside SHTF situation and environment allows - the rule is that it's always "gather while u can" and "keep prepping" ... don't ever accept complacency and never buy into the official bulletins concerning SHTF situations & termination dates ....