Thread: Bahamas

Walking on Sunshine

Bahamas

Just spoke to my cousin in FL. His little brother and family live in the Bahamas. It's bad across most of the island,their house is flooded but they are okay, not too much damage. However my cousins MIL and Aunt are on Abaco. They have not heard or been able to contact them.Cousin said they have been sending helicopters to Abaco to get survivors. Please pray for them all. My FL cousin said he'll keep me posted. He and my 92 year old uncle have battened down the hatches and they expect IF Dorian doesn't hit land they'll be okay. Cousins sister and BIL have gone north and are hunkered down in a hotel right now.

Walking on Sunshine

Just heard from Cousin in Bahamas. They found his MIL and Aunt. They are okay, house only partially destroyed. Wife's cousin was seen on Weather Channel riding on top of fire truck to get around. Believe he was trying to help rescue survivors or being rescued himself, cuz didn't say. Thank you for the prayers ,they are going to need a lot of help down there. The storms missed uncle and cousin in FL. Only damage due to high winds they had was the Royal Palm in the backyard lost a pile of branches. Cousin Father T took a pic of uncle looking at the mess in his yard.Thank you again

Do you have a robot?
    Looking at the new feeds, the Bahamas got hammered and it will be years before they will be able to recover. Continued prays for your family and the rest of those living there. Here is to a safe recovery.
    If it is predictable then it is preventable....... Gordon Graham

So if it is predictable and preventable then you better prepare.

Walking on Sunshine

Thanks realist. Cousin said that aid is on it's way but it's still very chaotic there. He hopes it does not get worse before it gets better. Still haven't heard about my cousins (their sister in NY) daughter and fam in the Carolinas yet. Praying they are alright.

Bacon saver

Late to the party as usual. LadyHK has long time friends in Abaco that have been protecting and raising the last "indigenous"....maybe known to the islands for decades. Don't think they made it. It's a shame but we think they are now extinct and maybe her friends are gone as well. The place was pretty much wiped slick.

Happy to hear all are accounted for Kat.
    Be safe.............the night is your friend.

Walking on Sunshine

BRR I'm sorry about lady's friends I sincerely hope they are ok. haven't heard anything from cousin so far . Don't know how they are faring as of yet. Hoping FT T in FL will post something soon.