Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Lady and I are still alive.

Bacon saver

The Lady and I are still alive.

Been a rough time but things have now smoothed out a bit. Won't get into details but we are back to making progress around the property. Izzy got married and now lives about 40minutes away. Who'da thunk it, right? They are doing well learning what it's like to be a home owner! Life is fun sometimes.

OK, it's been awhile and I have a question to all.

Can we post pictures again?
    Be safe.............the night is your friend.

I'll most likely shit myself

Glad yall are doin good. Good to hear about Izzy too.

Bacon saver

Thank you Sir. Hope all is well with you and yours.

We're still kickin

Bacon saver

You ever get that wire up? HF?

Nope. No time for crap in months. Just tryin to keep up at work

Bacon saver

Months? It's been years my Brother. I ran my G5RV lite between two 50ft. towers. One tower is at the shop, the other is at the house. Stole the painters high reach to put the tops on the towers. Hey, leave out a two and I will use it. Maybe that didn't sound right.........

It is what it is. What can I say

Yeah...same here ...just trying to keep up at work.

I have recently been transferred from the back shift to day shift and it has been quite an adaptation.

I realize now that I have been sort of protected from much of the mayhem that goes on daily on the day shifts...in particular the madness of traffic...just driving to and from work is a much much bigger challenge than on the less populated and trafficked back shifts.

Talk about having to learn new survival skills....just upping my driving skills has been a challenge.

The other thing of aggravation to me and for which I did not have to contend on the back shifts is standing in line everywhere I go now with the rest of the maddening crowds.

I have had to relearn patience here as I am not the social butterfly type...being more of a loner...than social.

When I was on the back shifts I could often do my store shopping when most were at work....during the week..and so preferred to do....when I could....and not spend long periods in line somewhere.

I am now more aware of how much of their valuable time ...day shift people spend standing in line somewhere.

When I was on the back shifts if the lines were too long or the service bad in the stores I would often just leave my shopping cart and walk out to come back another day.

Now being a Daywalker ....I may not have that choice as I took for granted when I was on the back shifts...2nd shift or graveyard shift. I preferred graveyard shift...to 2nd shift...but either worked out better than day shift when standing in line...

I reckon I just hate standing in lines.

I have learned now to do my banking on Thursdays or Wednesdays...rather than late on Fridays to avoid the lines...and or crowds.

Even Grocery shopping has been moved up to weekdays to avoid the weekend and Friday rush.....to avoid military paydays too.

Yes....survival wise...the back shifts verily spoiled me....I am now having to re learn new survival skills...and thinking so to speak.

Oh....about HF Antennas..

My HF antenna is a 500 foot roll of 12 gage stranded copper wire from Lowes....threaded up into the tops of the trees in my yard into a triangular loop configuration ....and fed with coaxial cable....and works very very well. Using a tuner of course.

Oh...and to my surprise...this Wire has doubled in price since back when I bought and put away four extra rolls of this wire...just in case....
    I was astonished to look up that link and find out how much the price has almost doubled.
    Again...showing how protected I was on the back shifts way back when I bought those four rolls and put them away...for SHTF.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Southwire-5...e-Roll/3659372

While I am off until January ...you folks are reminding me and Thanks... ..I need to go through my truck and also my base station Antenna systems and check everything out for good connections...as I am sure some of it has come loose while I have been occupied with trying to keep up at work. One needs to know the status or ones station....should SHTF.

Thanks,
    Orangetom
    Not an Ishmaelite.

Bacon saver

Won't even get into the price of materials these days........