Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Scavenging for supplies

For the Love of Cats

Quote Originally Posted by Illini Warrior View Post
    I don't know your definition of a MAG is .... but I have the same definition as the commonality .... a MAG isn't the same thing a prepper group that is pre-planned unit with a BOL and joint supplies ....

a MAG is just a Mutual Alliance Group or Mutual Armed Group .... neighbors or friends coming together for mutual defense ....
    MAG: Mutual Assistance Group

A group of people coming together for a common goal, or common good. 'Defence' is just one aspect... IMO.
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

looking at their tools while posting pictures of mine.
    about 20 minutes outside Lynchburg, TN...but which way...
    Most of the sheeple out there most likely don't have enough food in their homes to last more than a few weeks. And if something happened right this second to stop the food supply from being restocked, I think all hell would break loose. Hungry sheeple are in my option the most the most dangerous animal in existence. Within the first hour of a disaster, money and common sense MAY be the norm, but after the first hour, they both will cease to exist. Violence will come into play. Money will still work for about 24-48 hours, but you better have a lot of it, as prices will increase by the minute. After 48 hours, money will be useless, and guns will be what is used in obtaining food. Stores will be locked up and guarded by the owners and their group, or taken over by by others, both groups using guns. Shortly after that, the sheeple will come looking for anything to eat, and this will be the most dangerous time. They are near starving, and will do anything. They will try to take the store by what ever means, and after many have been killed, the rest will then decide, " if I can't have it, than neither can you."
    It is at this time, 2-4 weeks into the scenario, after their kitchen cabinets are empty, along with their stomachs, they will set fire to the food stores that remain under others control. There won't be a Walmart, Cosco, or local Quickie mart left after 4 weeks to loot. They will all be gone, taken out by the samesheeple who once depended upon them for their own survival. IMO.

For the Love of Cats

^
    Optimist... Is that you?

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper-T View Post
    ^
    Optimist... Is that you?
    If you don't have it ALREADY locked away and hidden, you are not ever going to have it! IMO

For the Love of Cats

Ooops, sorry, Pessimist, I thought I saw your brother...

rofl.

It may be an unrealistic goal, but I plan to stockpile as much food as possible. At 54, I'm giving myself 30+ more years to live. If things go totally bag, I will still have a roof over my head, wood heat in the winter, all the free, clean water I need, the general day to day things needed for general upkeep, the only thing I won't have is food. I don't garden very well, but if that time comes, I'll do my best. But food is still up front as my most basic need. So stockpiling it will be.
    Last edited by Domeguy; 06-25-2015 at 01:37 AM. Reason: Speeialing

For the Love of Cats

^
    atta kid!

My plan is to put a bunker about the size of a semi trailer into the side of the hill behind the house. Keep it cool and make sure it stays dry by making the back end 4-6 inches higher than the front. Camouflage the entrance, hook up power from the solar panels (eventually) and it will also serve as my storm shelter, root cellar, safe, and bat cave.....um, great......OPSEC....Now I'm going to shoot any one who reads this, so stop reading...really, I mean it. Stop.

I just re-read the entire thread, and came up with a few more. The golf courses will have possibly a hundred or more golf carts. The carts will have deep cycle batteries, and possibly the charger on board to. If not, they will be within the cart holding area. Look around for an electrical meter, (ammeter, this will be very handy for testing a batteries charge). Check the grounds keepers storage area for chemicals, pipes and hoses, water tanks and such, then walk on over to the pro shop for a new golf bag. Who is going to suspect your AR and Shot guns are hidden inside under the colorful knitted club covers. Then finally end your day of shopping with a drink or 2, or 12 at the 19th hole, or the club bar. Also when shopping at your local interstate, be on the look out for the solar powered signs. That little package has all you will need for a mini power plant. It will have the solar panel, charge controller, battery, lights, and in some cases, possibly even an inverter. Hook several together to make a larger system. Be on the look out for ANY solar panels, as they will be a highly prized item, especially for bartering. Look at neighbors homes, on Top of RVs, local businesses, and even solar power stations. Do a satellite search on your computer as soon as you can to see where some are located in your neighborhood. Libraries will be full of books to learn how to do everything, use that knowledge. And finally, this may be taboo for some, but there are churches, synagogues, temples, ect. everywhere, and they may be full of supplies. You may want to say a short prayer first before you kick in the door.

stark assed naked and butt to nut with no issues
    Our local military installation has solar panels located on every 3rd light pole out in the training areas, there literally has to be thousands of them out there.
    We have a gold course very near us, so Im going to keep that in mind as far as batteries go, I hadnt really thought about it but it does makes sense now that you mention it!
    RELIGION IS LIKE A PENIS
    Its fine to have one,
    Its fine to be proud of it,
    But please dont whip it out in public and start waving it around,
    And PLEASE dont try to force it down my children's throats.

An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.