Page 25 of 94 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome new members! Introduce yourselves here

Stalkercat...destroyer of donkeys, rider of horse

welcome to the forum Madpiper! While Lunchbox has had the ability to talk me into quite a few things, moving isn't one of them.

Be safe.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

East of Gaylord, MI on the other side of the Elk Herd!
    I'd like to introduce myself a little. Lunchbox got me on here and has filled me in a little about you. I currently live about 4 miles from Lunchbox but I am moving to Michigan in a few weeks. This area (north of Cincinnati) is - in my opinion - getting unstable, it wouldn't take much for it to go over the cliff. I have a pregnant wife and two small kids and as much as I like to think I have the skills to bug out with them I don't even want to think about trying it. Enter option 2 - moving to 10 acres of Jack Pine forest in Montmorency County. Lunchbox said you're the only one he knows of in Michigan so I figured I'd drop a line.

Does NOT use a snake bit sucker kit on snake bits

Quote Originally Posted by madpiper View Post
    So -I Lunchbox finally convinced me to register on here since I'm moving 350+ miles from him! Been "lightly" stocking up for awhile now so I needed a new home to fit it all in. Seriously though, I live (until January) near Cincinnati but don't trust survivability in the area so I'm taking the family to the sticks in Michigan. The logistics of bugging out with a pregnant wife, 6 year old daughter, and 11I month old son were more than I wanted to think about so I decided to un-ass the area while I still could with a u-haul!
    Welcome from central east coast Florida. When you get a chance after you get moved will you blow some of that cold air down our way?

Claptrap's Problem Solver

I'd like to introduce myself a little. Lunchbox got me on here and has filled me in a little about you. I currently live about 4 miles from Lunchbox but I am moving to Michigan in a few weeks. This area (north of Cincinnati) is - in my opinion - getting unstable, it wouldn't take much for it to go over the cliff. I have a pregnant wife and two small kids and as much as I like to think I have the skills to bug out with them I don't even want to think about trying it. Enter option 2 - moving to 10 acres of Jack Pine forest in Montmorency County. Lunchbox said you're the only one he knows of in Michigan so I figured I'd drop a line.
    Welcome aboard. Glad you joined us and despite your association with Lunchbox we're glad to have you.

Hope you enjoy your time here.
    If you think that come SHTF you are gonna jock up in all your kit and be a death-dealing one man army, you're an idiot - izzyscout

Thunder Lizard Canning Club Chapter of the Old Farts Society

Welcome madpiper! I figured you are moving to Michigan to save money, since Lunchbox won't be so close with so many goodies. Other than it being pretty chilly up there in the winter, it sounds like you're going to a great location. Let us know how the move goes. You and Izzy both got your work cut out for you with 2 little ones. Keeping track of them when they are young is like herding ants!
    Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me Liberty or give me death." Patrick Henry, Virginia House of Burgesses, March 23, 1775

Quo Vadis?

Luke 22:36, And he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

emergencyfoodssupplies.com

stark assed naked and butt to nut with no issues
    And announcing. . . . the newest member of SHTFReady. . . .

. . . . . . .:drumroll:. . . . . .

( I finally got her to break down and sign up!)

Hello All, I'm Dragonfly. DW to Stormfeather - He has been telling me so much about this site so I finally got a chance to sign up. I am new and, at the same time, not new to the idea of prepping or being a prepper, as I come from a large family living in rural CA. I look forward to learning what I can from everyone and sharing my knowledge.

I'll most likely shit myself

Welcome to the forum. Glad to you made it in.

Does NOT use a snake bit sucker kit on snake bits

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    Hello All, I'm Dragonfly. DW to Stormfeather - He has been telling me so much about this site so I finally got a chance to sign up. I am new and, at the same time, not new to the idea of prepping or being a prepper, as I come from a large family living in rural CA. I look forward to learning what I can from everyone and sharing my knowledge.
    Welcome to the site Dragonfly it's good to see other spouses join up. There aren't too many wife/husband teams on any board so like I said it's good to see you. JustaPrepper is my DW.

stark assed naked and butt to nut with no issues
    It wasnt quite the kicking, screaming, teeth pulling fiasco that getting her to move out of california was. . . but it was very close!

damn. . . just realized shes a member here now, so I probably shouldnt be talking bad about her where she can read it! LOL! Ah well. . . looks like another cold sandwich night for me!