Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Medical Reference

Thunder Lizard Canning Club Chapter of the Old Farts Society

Survival and Austere Medicine

Besides those mentioned I have, I have Survival and Austere Medicine in a pdf. I don't remember where I got it, maybe Hesperia. I'm not quite sure how I can attach the file but I'll try.AM Final 2.pdf
    Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me Liberty or give me death." Patrick Henry, Virginia House of Burgesses, March 23, 1775

Quo Vadis?

Luke 22:36, And he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

emergencyfoodssupplies.com

I'll most likely shit myself

I finally had a chance to go thru my Med books. Here a partial list.

Medicinal Plants and Herbs
    The Herb Book
    Chinese Healing Herbs
    The Complete Medicinal Herbal
    Medicinal Plants
    The Herbalist
    Herbal Medicine
    US army Special Forces Medical Handbook
    The Official Pocket Medical Survival Handbook

I have a few others that I need to dig out and begin going thru them again and marking them up to be scanned and saved together.

I didn't realize we had so many on Herbal Medicine. We bought those before Y2K and got into it for a while, and it pains me to say, but didn't follow thru. As much stuff as we grow, there's no reason we can't get back to that to some degree.

Next on the list is Where there is no Dr and Where there is no Dentist.

Thunder Lizard Canning Club Chapter of the Old Farts Society

Ask and ye shall receive BP.

Hesperian Foundation

This is Hesperian, a non-profit health organization. You can download Both WTIN Doctor and WTIN Dentist from here. I tried to upload and attach my pdfs I got from here but the size exceeded the limits of the forum. So I offered this link instead. You can also order hard copies for about $22 each.
    Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me Liberty or give me death." Patrick Henry, Virginia House of Burgesses, March 23, 1775

Quo Vadis?

Luke 22:36, And he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

emergencyfoodssupplies.com

Thanks Grumpy! That is awesome. I've never read them completely, got thru about a thrid of WTIN Dr on a job I used to work at. As I remember, there was a lot of really good info in it. I bet the dentist is every bit as good.
    I got the wife a Kindle and these will be loaded up ASAP.

Wow that site has lots of book in PDF. I just downloaded 8-10 different medical and health books. They have some good ones on sanitation, water cleanleness, cholera prevention. Thanks again Grumpy.

For the Love of Cats

Heres a good one, particularly if SHTF in a messy way:

War Medicine

stark assed naked and butt to nut with no issues
    Izzy and I have pretty much the same books, Ive also D/L everything I could get from that Hesperian website, lots of good stuff there!

Where's the epi?

Quote Originally Posted by izzyscout21 View Post
    here you go. i think i may have additional,i'll have to find it

Attachment 112
    Wow, this looks exactly like the stuff we had to do in Combat Medic School in the Army in San Antonio....time warp...

Stalkercat...destroyer of donkeys, rider of horse

Quote Originally Posted by ladyhk13 View Post
    Wow, this looks exactly like the stuff we had to do in Combat Medic School in the Army in San Antonio....time warp...
    Some things just stay the same. Basic firstline medicine hasn't changes too much....some of the equipment just got snazzier.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Quite a bunch of stuff saved up over the past few years, broken down into several categories. Culled from numerous websites that I would have to work quite a bit just to find individual links to each document again