Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cash or PM's in your GHB/BOB?

Damn the propane, save the bacon!

^^^Izzy, that is a good point in regards to the silver. I feel cash would be my first option in the G.H.B. anyway just to pay the way if needed.
    Be ready now, you won't have that chance later.

Bacon Spam

Quote Originally Posted by David Armstrong View Post
    A plastic bag holds eight $100 bills and twenty $10 bills, and an equal amount is kept in the safe. I also keep two silver dollars in the gear bag.
    why the plastic bag , cash is already waterproof you never found that $ 20 from last swim season tucked away in the pocket of your swim trunks from when you last took the kids to the public pool

p.s. thats sounds like an awful lot of cash to keep in the GHB in a vehicle that any thief will be sure to grab and rummage through in a vehicle burglary ???

I keep folding cash and coin in all my bags. Though I don't smoke anymore, I keep 3 packs of cigarettes with matches in separate vaccum packed baggies. With the way I see folks willing to fork out $5-8 a pack now-a-days, I figure in a shtf type situation someone who really wants a smoke might be willing to trade something I need or have service I need for a few smokes. Plus they are very lite to pack...

Jimmy

My minivan is basically a rolling GHB for us, so I keep about $10 in change for vending machines, enough cash for one night in a cheap motel and a bit of groceries, and a few pre-64 coins hidden in there. Nothing that I would loose sleep over if someone broke into my car, but enough to get us home. I figure that if something so terrible happens that a credit card or the cash can't cover, I can either barter my wedding bands or try to do without.

Has been known to look at Izzy's trunk. Stares at the junk in Izzy's trunk. Get it...he's checking out Izzy's trunk.

Good call on the cigarettes, never thought about it but people will chop off an arm and a leg to get their smoke on.
    “The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.” ~ G.K. Chesterton

plenty of extra room "down his pants"
    A little cash, about $100 and extra ammo...

EB