Thread: Medical appliances needed for personal survival

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thunder Lizard Canning Club Chapter of the Old Farts Society

Medical appliances needed for personal survival

In another thread on job skills as I replied I listed my drawbacks. One of those was my vision isn't what it once was and another was having a number of broken bones over the years from horses. This led me to consider what medical appliances I use daily that may not be readily available when TSHTF. First thing is eyeglasses; I usually get 3 packs of 1.75 reading glasses at China Mart. I'm currently down to my last pair out of the 3 pack and so need to stock up again. When I do, I'll buy several 3 packs of 1.75s as well as 2.00s and 2.25s anticipating that my eyesight will continue to get worse as I age.

I have several crowns on my teeth, so I need to have cement to glue them down should they come loose. I also think I may look for a pair of crutches at garage sales in case of injury requiring me to stay of a foot. Those are the only ones I could think immediately, but I'm sure the brain trust we have here will give more insight into this topic.

What about you? Do you have medical appliances you need other than what I covered, Also remember that appliances covers many things other than machines.
    Last edited by Grumpy Old Man; 06-17-2011 at 08:01 PM. Reason: spelling
    Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me Liberty or give me death." Patrick Henry, Virginia House of Burgesses, March 23, 1775

Quo Vadis?

Luke 22:36, And he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

emergencyfoodssupplies.com