Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Solar flare for 11 september....no shit

Bacon saver

I'm still hearing crickets............better safe than sorry. As for the posing question........I'll have to go pack a bowl and give it some thought.
    Be safe.............the night is your friend.

For the Love of Cats

Yeah... so... my marshmallow isn't toasted...

Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

In his experience the hammer head is better

So our local news channel put out a warning yesterday night about this on "spacebook" about a solar storm hitting earth Saturday and possibly causing power outages. I was very surprised to see this since CME's happen all the time and no news agencies pick it up. To see it on our news struck me as odd.
    http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/t...earth/28003800

Were heading up to the BOL anyway this weekend so were just gonna pack extra heavy. I dont expect much out of it. But if it happens well be ready and at the BOL already so I cannot ask for much more than that.

In other news 8 were shot and 3 killed in Detroit last night, the sad part is that kind of shit is almost a nightly occurrence.
    "When injustice becomes law, rebellion becomes duty." Thomas Jefferson
    "It's less dangerous, to run across a wild animal than a stranger." Vasily Peskov

Bacon saver

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper-T View Post
    Yeah... so... my marshmallow isn't toasted...

It doesn't cook like on a fire you have to give it some time. Go put it back out there and sit and watch...........trust me

Bacon saver

Quote Originally Posted by apssbc View Post
    So our local news channel put out a warning yesterday night about this on "spacebook" about a solar storm hitting earth Saturday and possibly causing power outages. I was very surprised to see this since CME's happen all the time and no news agencies pick it up. To see it on our news struck me as odd.
    http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/t...earth/28003800

Were heading up to the BOL anyway this weekend so were just gonna pack extra heavy. I dont expect much out of it. But if it happens well be ready and at the BOL already so I cannot ask for much more than that.

In other news 8 were shot and 3 killed in Detroit last night, the sad part is that kind of shit is almost a nightly occurrence.
    Be safe up there, granted it's worse (more dangerous) when you get back home. At least the thread isn't making me look like a total idiot.......ok just maybe a "Motard"

For the Love of Cats

Quote Originally Posted by Brownwater Riverrat 13 View Post
    It doesn't cook like on a fire you have to give it some time. Go put it back out there and sit and watch...........trust me
    I ate it

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

Bacon saver

Current activity on our little friend, I'm watching the meter. Shit looks kinda hot on the surface don't you think??????

RIP, brother. We are diminshed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brownwater Riverrat 13 View Post
    I'm still hearing crickets............better safe than sorry. As for the posing question........I'll have to go pack a bowl and give it some thought.
    your killing me. ROTFLMAO!
    "Ya need a hug, or a twinkee? Wait..forget the twinkie". - Dropy

"I'll be in my bunk" Jayne Cobb

'Catch, sauté, and release...' Sniper-T

'Always smile... it makes people wonder what the fuck you are thinking!' Sniper-T

Body Armor is not bullet proof, it is only bullet resistant.* Learn to become strictly a head hunter.*

'All I really needed was a hug'............ Domeguy

For the Love of Cats

had some pretty funky northern lights on Sat. but pretty calm up here.

Bacon saver

I did find a section on this site that puts everything into layman's terms so everyone can read and understand this whole solar flare stuff and what impact it has on us on a daily basis. A total break down, even I can understand it. So click this link and everyone can read it and walah! No more rocket science........... http://www.swpc.noaa.gov/alerts/arch...ent_month.html

Here's an example and the reason why you saw some pretty lights:

Space Weather Message Code: WATA50
    Serial Number: 51
    Issue Time: 2014 Sep 14 0909 UTC

CANCEL WATCH: Geomagnetic Storm Category G3 Predicted
    Cancel Serial Number: 50
    Original Issue Time: 2014 Sep 11 0459 UTC

Comment: Cancelled G1 Watch for 14 Sep as conditions no longer warrant an active watch.
    Potential Impacts: Area of impact primarily poleward of 50 degrees Geomagnetic Latitude.
    Induced Currents - Power system voltage irregularities possible, false alarms may be triggered on some protection devices.
    Spacecraft - Systems may experience surface charging; increased drag on low Earth-orbit satellites and orientation problems may occur.
    Navigation - Intermittent satellite navigation (GPS) problems, including loss-of-lock and increased range error may occur.
    Radio - HF (high frequency) radio may be intermittent.
    Aurora - Aurora may be seen as low as Pennsylvania to Iowa to Oregon.