Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Ebola now in the states

Wants to know if that is a nut tool for a fire hydrant nozzle

For me, hospitals are off limits at this point. I'd rather give myself stitches with fishing line than to risk exposure in a place ill equipped to deal with Ebola to begin with.

Where's the epi?

Here is an article that gives info on how to protect yourself and give yourself a better chance of surviving Ebola. These are things you do now, not later...a lot of you probably already practice this or have access to these. http://www.naturalnews.com/047232_Eb...ity_virus.html
    I apologize for nothing...

plenty of extra room "down his pants"
    Nothing in that link will stop ebola... maybe the common cold, but not ebola.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/10/12/health/ebola/index.html
    "Takes .357 to the field... every time..."
    "AR - America's Rifle"
    "Bushido, an honourable way of life"

Where's the epi?

Quote Originally Posted by ElevenBravo View Post
    Nothing in that link will stop ebola... maybe the common cold, but not ebola.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/10/12/health/ebola/index.html
    Are you referring to the link I posted? Not sure...if so, the point of the information was ways to beef up our immune systems and eat things that have natural anti viral properties so our bodies can fight the symptoms and complications that come with the disease. There is a 50% (give or take) mortality rate with this disease so if you can strengthen your immune system you will have a better chance of survival.

I have still yet to grow a brain
    I drive a bunch and am in numerous buildings every day.

Some issues I foresee to be an issue/attack.

Elevators
    Banisters
    Vending Machines
    Phones
    Sinks in Bathrooms
    Cell Phones
    Door Knobs
    Post office boxes
    Mail
    and money

Should someone from another country have issue with America what is to stop them from touching/sneezing/spitting on common touch points. Or work in a food industry.

I am not trying to cause an issue just wanting to point out if Ebola starts spreading keep that in mind.

I'll most likely shit myself

Thats a good list Vodin. How bout others adding to it. It'll give us plenty of things to consider down the road.

Bacon saver

To answer your question.....nothing. There's not enough Clorox in the country to clean this place to prevent the epidemic. The wheels are already in motion. According to the Aircraft company that flies these infected people into the US there were more than just these 3 or 4. Turns out they have been flying in quite a few of them without telling Joe Citizen. Wouldn't want to cause a panic now would we? But hey the good news is I saw gas for $2.88 today! ...............why am I excited over that?
    Be safe.............the night is your friend.

Where's the epi?

Vodin you are correct. From what I have been learning and reading the virus can survive on surfaces for about 3 hours. Imagine all of the things you touch just going to Walmart. Think about going to a restaurant with cooks who wipe their sweaty forehead with their hands and then touch your food. The list is endless if you really think about it and that's not even considering what a group like Isis could do here. No need for suicide bombers when they can infect themselves and fly right in.

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ladyhk13 View Post
    Vodin you are correct. From what I have been learning and reading the virus can survive on surfaces for about 3 hours. Imagine all of the things you touch just going to Walmart. Think about going to a restaurant with cooks who wipe their sweaty forehead with their hands and then touch your food. The list is endless if you really think about it and that's not even considering what a group like Isis could do here. No need for suicide bombers when they can infect themselves and fly right in.
    Songbird and I have been discussing that too. But I think the immediate threat right now is the unintentional spread by contact. Now the CDC is saying 70 staff members had contact with Duncan before died at the hospital. How many other patients have they now have contact with? How many family members and friends? How about the stores and mall and gas pumps? Scary stuff!!

BTW Lady, thanks for the post and link about building the immune system.
    Don't wrestle with pigs; you'll get all muddy and the pigs will love it!

Do you have a robot?
    You know this is all sounding like a bad horror movie. "Washington: We have had a minor out break of a virus that has a mortality rate of only 70 to 80 percent but we have everything under control. Stay calm and don't worry."

They keep talking about they are prepared. We'll we did a survey of our local hospitals a while back on how many patients a hospital could treat in a nerve agent exposure, we were told five would overwhelm most hospitals. So what will it take for something like Ebola? We are definitely better off here then say Liberia. They were talking about the number of health care workers who have contracted the disease being upwards of 10%. It doesn't take long to become overly tired and start making mistakes.

We will have to see how this movie ends......