Thread: Thermal imaging

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    stark assed naked and butt to nut with no issues
    One thing I always wondered, how deep does thermal penetrate under water? I know if you are on the top of the water, you show up on thermal, but if you dove underneath the water, I wonder how well it could detect you? How deep would you have to be? Would someone with just a snorkel and mask be good to go? Anyone?
    RELIGION IS LIKE A PENIS
    Its fine to have one,
    Its fine to be proud of it,
    But please dont whip it out in public and start waving it around,
    And PLEASE dont try to force it down my children's throats.

An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.

Wants you to "look at what he's holding tonight".

Quote Originally Posted by Stormfeather View Post
    One thing I always wondered, how deep does thermal penetrate under water? I know if you are on the top of the water, you show up on thermal, but if you dove underneath the water, I wonder how well it could detect you? How deep would you have to be? Would someone with just a snorkel and mask be good to go? Anyone?
    I would imagine with a snorkel you would still be seen. The SAR helos use thermal.
    "When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes DUTY!" - Thomas Jefferson

NVG....totally a work deduction!

Quote Originally Posted by Stormfeather View Post
    You would only see the temperature of the water, the same as if you are behind glass, only the temperature of the glass would be recorded, thermal gear cannot see through glass. for this reason, you can't use a magnifier in front of it like night vision. all you would get is the temperature of the lens.

SO, you cannot drive your car with a thermal monocular if you have a windshield!

But they make nice units that mount in the grill of the car and display units that go inside the vehicle if you have the money