Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 2015 Goals

Improve our canning skills for our garden harvests. We have been freezing for years, but if we lose all electricity for any length of time we will lose a good amount of stored food.

I'll most likely shit myself

We are moving toward canning a higher percentage of our stuff as well. I think the nutrition levels stay up a little more as well.

I have still yet to grow a brain
    I have the backyard gardens planned out. Placing a cold frame in the back as well. I will compost the raised garden beds and place nutrients in them as well. They will then be covered with pallets and 5 gallon buckets will be used to grow the vegetables on the pallets. This will allow the raised beds some down time to be ready for next season. I will have 2 55 gallon barrels on the patio. 1 for potatoes the others for spices and flowers. Hopefully the Catawba grapes and the Raspberries will kick it into gear on the fence line.

And again I suggest when you go to Sam's or Costco pick up some free 5 gallon buckets from the bakery. I will be planting my garden in those buckets. I can then mark down the plants growing on the buckets as well as move them around if needed.

Will be starting the final pond build by hand digging a 16'x7'x5' pit for the pond. If all goes well I will have some pictures later this year. And it will be raccoon proof. (Also I will have lost some poundage and built some strength)