Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The greatest score

Administrator

The greatest score

I am a bargin hunter and I periodically wander on to craiglist and other online classified ads to find good deals. I stumbled across a Kelty Gunnison 2.1 tent that a person was selling for $55. No rips or holes anywhere so this tent had to be mine. Brand new this tent easily runs for $150. At 4.1 lbs total weight and the capabilities of fitting the General, the pooch, and myself comfortably; this will make a great backpacking tent and suffice as a long term bugout tent if need be. I hope to field test this great find this weekend in the mountains.

This tent is my greatest score to date. That leads me to the question, what great finds have you found online, yard sales, etc?
    I don’t have “hobbies” I’m developing a robust Post-Apocalyptic skill set.

plenty of extra room "down his pants"
    Kelty tents are awesome!
    "Takes .357 to the field... every time..."
    "AR - America's Rifle"
    "Bushido, an honourable way of life"

I'll most likely shit myself

Yes they are. I have a w8ndfoil model that is 25+ years old. 4 season heavy ass tent. But it holds up great in snow and wind.

just picked up 5 lbs of powder, 1600 shotgun primers and two bags of wads for $20 .... Kevlar military helmet $10 ... various bunches of pint canning jars $1/dozen .... 2 chrome mag based portable 12V spotlites $2 each .... antique RR kerosene lantern $3 .... Coleman gas lantern $2 ... just got a Wayne water transfer pump for $5 ....

stark assed naked and butt to nut with no issues
    Havent had time to go garage sales this year, but will try later on this summer. I usually always find a couple of good deals here and there.
    RELIGION IS LIKE A PENIS
    Its fine to have one,
    Its fine to be proud of it,
    But please dont whip it out in public and start waving it around,
    And PLEASE dont try to force it down my children's throats.

An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.

Walking on Sunshine

It technically isn't preps but I just scored the entire 4 bowl mixing bowl set in the pattern we got when we got married plus some extra pieces. The pattern is the Corelle/Pyrex snowflake blue, VERY rare to find anything in that pattern any more and when I do it's got astronomical prices on the individual pieces. Got the set and pieces for a LOT less than the replacement sites show it to be. I have the dishes we use everyday but only one of the Pyrex glass bowls left. So for me this was A SCORE!!

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Katrina View Post
    It technically isn't preps but I just scored the entire 4 bowl mixing bowl set in the pattern we got when we got married plus some extra pieces. The pattern is the Corelle/Pyrex snowflake blue, VERY rare to find anything in that pattern any more and when I do it's got astronomical prices on the individual pieces. Got the set and pieces for a LOT less than the replacement sites show it to be. I have the dishes we use everyday but only one of the Pyrex glass bowls left. So for me this was A SCORE!!
    Hey anytime money can be saved you scored. Your situation means more money for preps.
    I don’t have “hobbies” I’m developing a robust Post-Apocalyptic skill set.

I think my best sore was at a yard sale. A twin mantle Coleman lantern for $2.00. The problem? The mantles had both broken. Easily repaired. Though I did not NEED another lantern this was too big a bargain to pass up. Maybe I will give it to my son and his family someday, but for now I still have it.

For the Love of Cats

I've picked up two 2 burner Coleman stoves off the local internet in the last few months, for next to nothing each, one with a stand, and the other with a 1/2 can of naptha
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

Do you have a robot?
    I was taking my kid to school and he was reading the want ads. He said look at this a guy is selling compound bows for $200. I had him call, the location was very rural about an hour away up in the hills so I kinda blew it off. After thinking about it a while I gave the guy a call and drove up. He had several really nice target bows. I asked him if he had any guns and he said yes. He brought out several odd ball makes and then brought out a new Remington 1100. I asked him if he had any handguns and he said only one. He brought out a Remington Rand 1911 45 acp from WWII. I asked him how much for it all which surprised him. We agreed on $600. Then he said let me get the other stuff, WTF. When all said an done I had all the equipment I would ever need to build arrows and repair any bow. I got 4 compound bows, three target and one hunting. Included was also the 1100 and the 45. I was happy and he was happy to say the least.
    If it is predictable then it is preventable....... Gordon Graham

So if it is predictable and preventable then you better prepare.