Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Great year for blackberries and dew berries

Wants you to "look at what he's holding tonight".

Great year for blackberries and dew berries

We picked until we where tired of bending over and have not even put a dent into what is in the field.

"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes DUTY!" - Thomas Jefferson

Do NOT mess with him while he's pumping gas.

Mine are still green. Got 22lbs off of 1 plant last year, so we planted 6 more, and I've dug 4 more babies out and rooted them in the last few weeks.
    Common sense is so rare these days, it should be re-classified as a super power.

Wow, you are not that far north of us. Ours have been black for a couple weeks now.

Quote Originally Posted by helomech View Post
    Wow, you are not that far north of us. Ours have been black for a couple weeks now.
    I know, I've always been amazed by how a small distance can make a difference in production. The good news is, I think I'm gonna have a bumper crop of blueberries. I think we're gonna have 3. Not 300 lbs, not even 3 lbs. THREE blueberries. Lol
    Common sense is so rare these days, it should be re-classified as a super power.

My blueberries are looking good right now. But the last few years I thought the same thing and got nothing. I think I got about 15 plants.

Quote Originally Posted by helomech View Post
    My blueberries are looking good right now. But the last few years I thought the same thing and got nothing. I think I got about 15 plants.
    I'm down to 2 blueberries, the other 2 crapped out.

I had about 5 of mine die.

I have still yet to grow a brain
    I just bought 2 Blueberry and 1 Blackberry plants to small for anything this year. I do have a black raspberry (jewel) and 3 or 4 other raspberry plants taking hold. Got 1 grape and hoping to get something from it this year. I only started this a few years ago. Gonna have snow here tomorrow and Sat I don not think it will be that much though. Last frost should be April 17 so things will be planted soon. Been growing them in the basement.
    The tallest oak in the forest was once just a nut who held its ground.

Be decisive. Right or Wrong, make a decision. The road of life is paved with flat squirrels who could not make a decision.

I have 4 grape vines that are a few years old and they are loaded with little grapes. I just don't like the taste of them, so we give them to all the critters.

I'll most likely shit myself

I have planted 15 Blueberries over the years, still have 11. Cleaned out around them, pruned a little and fertilized the crap out of them this winter. Right now they are all full or blooms and small berries. If we don't get a severe late freeze, we should have a good harvest this year.
    Cleaned out, pruned, and fertilized, and got about 2/3 of my grape vines set up with a new arbor system. All my concord grapes are on it and starting out well, small grapes already forming. Got two muscidines going as well. The rest of them need cleaning, and pruning, and get the arbor set up.
    We have two tame blackberries out and they are growing off well. Not sure they will bear this year. But we have quite a few wild ones and should do alright with them. They are laoding up with blooms right now. just in time for blackberry winter next week.