Thread: On the lighter side! DIVER DOWN

Bacon saver

On the lighter side! DIVER DOWN

My daughter will doing her open water cert. (diver) on the fourth. I am one proud Papa, I have a Master Diver acquaintance down in PC, Fl that that is her instructor. He and her are "bartering" a deal, 5 ballroom dance lessons for her Open Water Certification, smart kid, apple don't fall far from the tree when it comes to "comshaw" She did her "harassment" dive yesterday (passed), book exams today (waiting on results), then she dives Morrison Springs tomorrow. Big cave, safe dive, 90ft. She used to go there with me when was little, snorkel and watch and wait till dad came out of the hole. She did this with quite a few cave dives with me. Now she going on her first "official dad unsupervised" dive. Can't wait to hear her first "dive story!"
    Be safe.............the night is your friend.

plenty of extra room "down his pants"
    AWESOME! Its a great feeling when your kid does good!
    "Takes .357 to the field... every time..."
    "AR - America's Rifle"
    "Bushido, an honourable way of life"

Bacon saver

Got the call this morning. She's now Open Water certified, did a 90ft dive in the cave, played with the eels and made it out before all the idiots got there. Yeah I'm a proud Papa. HOO-YAH!

Do you have a robot?
    Now there is no way you were a little worried about her were you????? Proud papa!
    If it is predictable then it is preventable....... Gordon Graham

So if it is predictable and preventable then you better prepare.

Bacon saver

Yes and no, YES, because"I" wasn't there to supervise. Because I am that way when it comes to that and my daughter. NO, because he (the Master Diver, not Dive Master) was there as her instructor. I trust a Navy Master Diver a hell of a lot more than a civilian dive master. The Navy Master Diver has more responsibility, more dives and more experience than a civilian dive master. It takes more than just taking tests and getting the quals in the civilian world. There is a Loooong list of qualifications, years of experience and dives in a multitude of equipment that no civilian will ever endure, and the recommendations of your seniors and your peers, not to mention "The Murder Board" that you will have to endure before you will ever get to wear that pin and earn the title and respect of "MASTER DIVER"

But fuck yeah I was on pins and needles all morning yesterday till I got the call. Cause I am a "Proud Papa!"

I have still yet to grow a brain
    Diving is a blast. Sadly I dont do much of it. Got my wife certified by a Dive Master who used to work with Jacques Cousteau that was in Cozumel about 20 years ago.. damn I guess that dates me huh?

- - - Updated - - -

Grats on your daughters certification!
    The tallest oak in the forest was once just a nut who held its ground.

Be decisive. Right or Wrong, make a decision. The road of life is paved with flat squirrels who could not make a decision.

Bacon saver

I might have you beat by a little bit. My big brother and I got our Basic Scuba PADI through Hal Watts back in 1976 when I was 14. He was the man when it came to cave diving back then. All we were using was a 1st stage/2nd stage (regulator) Pressure gauge, yoke type BC. Depth gauge was on your wrist and we buddy breathed by passing the regulator. There was no such thing as an "octopus" back then. Tank was on a back pack. I dove all over Florida, keys , caves you name it. Then I joined the Navy and I took my gear with me everywhere we went, now I'm spoiled. I did a few of "unauthorized" dives (needs of the Navy) due to the fact that I had my gear on board. Sucks to be me! I haven't dove now in 9 years and now that my kid is certed I'm going to have to break that streak! Best vis I've ever seen was off the Yucatan. I quit loggin dives years ago, it just got to the point where it was "I didn't see the need" I was going everywhere!

By the way, selective fishing is the way to go!

He's old and grumpy, but not fat. He'll be right back...he has to go tell some kids to get off his lawn

OUTSTANDING, but you knew she'd make the grade. BZ to your daughter.
    "There are no winners in war, only bigger losers"

If you see me or hear me coming, I'm not doing my job.