So, the local shooting range is a nice setup and fairly cheap as far as a yearly membership goes. The only downside is that it's only a 200yd range.

I found an abandoned military base that butts up to an abandoned shooting range. The shooting range is on state property now because it was given to the state when the base closed. I could easily get 700+ yards at this place and maybe even 1000 if I angle it right.

The problem is, it seems to have ATV trails crossing it. While shooting on state lands at an established target is perfectly legal, I am concerned that at longer ranges I wouldn't be comfortable that someone wouldn't accidentally cross my shooting lane while firing. So....... I figured I would post here and see if anyone could come up with some solution.

The main idea I have right now is to find all apparent trails and placing plastic caution tape across them with "LIVE FIRING" signs prior to setting up and then removing them when I leave. But I still don't know how comfortable I would be.