Thread: In praise of the P38 can opener....

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    looking at their tools while posting pictures of mine.
    about 20 minutes outside Lynchburg, TN...but which way...
    Thank you OT. This is one small area among many I was lacking. I ordered 5 of the P-51 can openers that arrived today. One going into each vehicle with the car GHB, and one in each BOB at home,
    and put the other in the wood shop. Again, thanks for the reminder.
    "Teach the children quietly
    For someday sons and daughters
    Will rise up and fight while we stood still"

I stayed up all night to see where the sun went. Then it dawned on me.

Bacon saver

Quote Originally Posted by Domeguy View Post
    Thank you OT. This is one small area among many I was lacking. I ordered 5 of the P-51 can openers that arrived today. One going into each vehicle with the car GHB, and one in each BOB at home,
    and put the other in the wood shop. Again, thanks for the reminder.
    Great, now I know where they're at in case I need one........neighbor.

Never had much use for sharp objects in rubber boats. However one quick wrap of tape will suffice and render it harmless to said vessel. Then again, the navy had those in all lifeboat survival kits.....back in the day. We had canned water in the kits, yeah really, the lifeboat capsules were opened, inflated, tested and inventoried every 5yrs. The cans were later replaced with plastic containers.....which later sometimes leaked and evaporated. But then they got rid of the P38s, no need for it cause everything is plastic. Let me know when I start making sense..........
    Be safe.............the night is your friend.

CC Gray Panther
    Quote Originally Posted by Brownwater Riverrat 13 View Post
    Great, now I know where they're at in case I need one........neighbor.

Never had much use for sharp objects in rubber boats. However one quick wrap of tape will suffice and render it harmless to said vessel. Then again, the navy had those in all lifeboat survival kits.....back in the day. We had canned water in the kits, yeah really, the lifeboat capsules were opened, inflated, tested and inventoried every 5yrs. The cans were later replaced with plastic containers.....which later sometimes leaked and evaporated. But then they got rid of the P38s, no need for it cause everything is plastic. Let me know when I start making sense..........
    Yep ; Going from metal canteens to plastic canteens. Metal okay. Plastic you could taste and smell the plastic as you drank.