Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Scavenging for supplies

Where's the epi?

Well don't forget about your hotels especially the nicer ones...they always have a stockade of food. The fresh items may not last long but they will have a pretty good stash of canned items. That would be good for people in cities
    What about a cruise ship? People near coastlines/marinas might be able to use them.

Give him a home, where the buffalo roam, and they make "wood" for his cookin fires all day
    Ok i will play. May i suggest Grain elevators, as well as rail cars with grain cars attached. Also ports of call on east and west coast where these cars are heading. Railroads in general can be a vast source of goods and fuel for diesels.

GunnerMax
    Railroad cars carry fuel, raw supplies COAL chemicals, fertilizer. Man, the RR is a good idea.

Give him a home, where the buffalo roam, and they make "wood" for his cookin fires all day
    Yep and seeing as how i know a bit dealing with them, due to a previous job, i got a bit of insight on em. Railroads can also be a good path to travel so ya dont have to hit the highways if your careful.

LOTS of businesses have break rooms/customer waiting areas. and i would say 98% have some sort of snack/pop machine in them. May not be a super healthy food source, but it is calories.

I'll most likely shit myself

Another place that comes to mind, sporting goods and backpacking stores. Most all of them carry freeze dried foods, stoves, fuel, tents, sleeping bags, etc. Sporting stores will probably get hit hard, backpacking stores a lot less IMO.

Zoo's. they have vet supplies, sometimes fish tanks, bird atrium things, and animals!!! yummy...animals.

Theme/amusement parks. great place to hit for food stuffs, equipment of various kinds, vehicles. Also circuses.

Aquariums like sea world.

Museums. Just imagine hitting the big weapons museum in washington... I think i just touched myself innapropriately.

PM exchanges.

Fire houses.

will think of and post more l8r. head hurts now....

Factories where products are made, like canning factories for fruit/veggies. Automotive factories for vhicles and parts and tools...even some fuel. Airports, and airplanes there may still have luggage and vehicles and fuel to use. Also most have concessions/resturants in them. Portapotty rental places have TP, and even the porta potty itself is useful as is a vac truck to clean it out and haul away the waste might make ur septic last longer.

Does NOT use a snake bit sucker kit on snake bits

Back yard, road side, near woods, waterways and shore line. "Wild eatable foods"

Stalkercat...destroyer of donkeys, rider of horse

now we're truckin. Great posts, everyone
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.