Same holds true for me, Grumpy. Hopefully less now that I have better appreciation for just how sharp I'm actually getting things. The 'hawk was my first clue. More recently I broke the tip off my EDC knife, and spent some time trying to get it pointy again (I gave up on doing it by hand, my knife guy will be getting a call soon).

Long story short, I used it after doing that, nicked my fingertip, and those who noticed it thought I had a paper cut. That definitively told me I really do discount my sharpening abilities, much as I've seen/ heard some other folks do of CRKT knives because they're "cheap". Inexpensive isn't cheap.

I don't have this particular knife, but I've EDC'ed and wholly abused a CRKT Crawford Falcon. I even used it to cut shingles on a small roofing job one day. It cleaned right up, took a new edge beautifully, and was my favored companion until I lost it. After reading izzy's review on this one I have no doubt their minimalist is just as bomb proof. Cool.

On another side note - I found my Falcon 3 months after I lost and, and within a week or two of buying a new knife. I love how that works.