Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Physical Fitness

Claptrap's Problem Solver

Glad you reminded me of this. I resumed my gym activities Monday and also resumed limiting what I eat.

Day three and so far so good.
    If you think that come SHTF you are gonna jock up in all your kit and be a death-dealing one man army, you're an idiot - izzyscout

Taliwacker Beards Deliver Rangerrific Awesomness

I'm a Ranger in the army and a typical work out nut. I find the best way to lose wait is to eat more. The more you eat the more your metabolism works, instead of eating 3 big meals a day eat 6-8 small meals every few hours. Though I know this isn't very practical for a lot of people. Right now I however am trying to gain a good 20 lbs of muscle. The gym is good for building muscle but don't forget to do a lot of calisthenics muscle isn't good for when shtf and its unsafe to drive you need to be able to move on foot. 45lbs puts a lot of strain on the shoulders and legs when you've been walking 40 plus miles. Personally I try to at least ruck 12 miles a week with at least 45lbs if not more. Just a few tips from what I have learned along the way.

The source of all known trouble in the universe

Welcome here. I spent most of my time in front of my keyboard. If I was to do that I would gain more than what I do right now. My only option is to cut down the intake. Lucky you.

I'll most likely shit myself

EHughes THANK YOU for your service.
    I talked with my Dr about trying to loose weight the last time I saw him and he suggested the same thing. 5-8 small meals will spike your metabilsim and keep it up higher. I have been trying to do that, but I am having a hard time fitting the meals in my schedule. I do try to fit in some larger snack type meals such as a couple of raw veggies or fruit and nuts. Also trying to add a lot of fiber to help me fill fuller so my appetite don't get carried away. I really have to watch my portions, that is far and away my biggest pitfall. That and lack of areobic exercise.

Starting working out again just a couple weeks ago. I can already feel the difference and I like it. As much as it blows whale balls to get up at 5:15am to go work out but I feel 100% better the days I do it.
    If you think that come SHTF you are gonna jock up in all your kit and be a death-dealing one man army, you're an idiot - izzyscout

Wants to know if that is a nut tool for a fire hydrant nozzle

I've given up on weight training. If you want to look scary, thats a good way to start. I've been focusing cardio and bodyweight exercises (also the cheapest ). I want the ability to endure situations. The less you weigh, the more you can carry without stressing your joints.

Same here. Not looking to become Mr. Universe. Just looking to get some tone and increase my cardio stamina.

Not going to survive too many SHTF events if you work up a sweat walking to the fridge.

Taliwacker Beards Deliver Rangerrific Awesomness

My favorite workout program.

Gym Jones - Power, Speed, Endurance, Suffering and Salvation

Very intense but In a month your guaranteed to lose weight and improve health wise, same workout plan the guys from 300 used. The intensity will not only improve weight lifting performance but also speed and endurance for running. Contrary to popular belief doing cardio and abs only is not the best way to lose weight, you also want to do some sort of weight training to give your metabolism the extra boost to lose the extra lbs.
    Those who cling to life die, and those who defy death live forever. -samurai saying.

So I've continued hitting the gym at least 3 times a week.

Results are really starting to show and I like it. I feel better over all and don't get as winded as quickly when physically exerting myself.

Mostly I've focused on upper body weight machines to get tone and the recumbent bike for cardo work.

I need to shed 45 lbs. I drank just about every night. tonight it has been 5 weeks since a drop of booze. this helps my high BP. I have lost 5 lbs and about 2 inches. I just now feel like I can excercise w/o croaking. tomorrow the walking routine starts.