Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ghost gun

Dont worry about shitting yourself
    Oh, if anybody is working on guns for other people, and taking pay, they are required by federal law to have an ffl.
    I am not a rat, and I care little what people do, I am just making it known what the law says.
    Getting on the Internet and saying things about fixing people's guns and not having an ffl is an invitation to club fed.
    Liberty is not a cruise ship full of pampered passengers.
    Liberty is a Man-Of-War, and we are all crew.

finally pooped
    Well put!!! ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

If you buy a stripped lower and assemble a weapon, you really haven't done anything to notice. It already has a serial number, and when you purchased it, if it came from a dealer, you had to fill out paperwork.
    If, however, you are buying stripped lowers in quantity, assembling them and selling the finished products, that is considered manufacturing by the batfe.
    While we are right here, when you buy an Ar lower, it is neither a rifle or pistol, irregardless of whether it has a stock on it.
    What matters is whether it left the factory with both a stock and barrel of 16" or over on it. Only the stock does not make it a rifle.
    When the paperwork is filled out, it matters not whether it is listed as a rifle or pistol. There is in fact a place on the form 4473 for receiver.
    What you build with it is up to you. You can remove the stock, install a pistol buffer tube and build a pistol.
    While it is legal to change a pistol into a rifle, and then go back again, it is not legal to turn a rifle into a pistol.

finally pooped
    In clarification in case you are talking to me I do have my private FFL for gunsmithing. I appreciate the word of caution though. I got my own to avoid the hassle of dealing with a shop that was 30 minute drive away and being on their "payroll" However, I have had it taken away at the end of every year to be reapplied for because I didn't do enough to be considered a business. Not sure how they make the distinction but I just keep applying for it every year to be safe.

Wants you to "look at what he's holding tonight".

Quote Originally Posted by Gunfixr View Post
    That was mildly entertaining. Drill press? He doesn't know the difference between a drill press and a cnc mill. 30 caliber clip? Too stupid to even laugh at.
    Stop it? Yeah, you have fun with that.
    You can build a 80% lower with a drill press.
    "When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes DUTY!" - Thomas Jefferson

For the Love of Cats

you wanna know what you can do with a few simple tools and some time... check this shit out!!!

http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbu...sunami-warning!

bandwidth warning!
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

Yes, you can do one with a drill press. My point was that in the video, the guy says this almost complete receiver, and a drill press. The video clip shows the incomplete receiver, and the cnc machine, not a drill press.

"Private ffl"? You either have one or not. The only differences are the types, which dictate what kind of business you engage in. There is not a gunsmithing specific one, a standard type 01 or 02 suffices, unless manufacturing is done.
    "Taken away"? Atf only takes away for violations, and it won't be very many times before it won't be granted anymore. They don't care how much business you do. The only business amount regulations concerns the sot, and how much it costs based on yearly business.
    Usually, home ffls are not granted, as a "storefront" is usually required. However, if you can get a local business license from your city/county, they will usually grant it.
    The ffl usually is good for 3 yrs.
    Unless of course, you're going to tell me they just redid the entire thing in the last couple years.

You also mention keeping good records to show you don't do enough business to be called a business in case atf comes knocking.
    What??
    Those records would be what nailed the case shut for atf.
    Look, like I said, I personally could care less. I think the vast majority of gun laws are bs. I worked out of my garage for many years before I went legit. I was just trying to save you some grief. But I can stop, it's not my freedom on the line here.

stark assed naked and butt to nut with no issues
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesneuen View Post
    EB, I'm not sure where it is that I read it so I can't really quote it but I looked into the ATF guidelines awhile ago because I was interested in milling my own to build guns off of. It says that an individual can build an unserialised weapon so long as it does not fall into one of the restricted categories. Full auto, SBR, that kind of stuff. It was meant for personal use only and could not be transferred to another individual as a working firearm.

Helping someone build their own though is a different matter.

However, I don't get what the big deal is about serialised weapons. I keep records on all private transactions I do just so I can prove I don't do enough business to be called a business in case ATF comes knocking. Most other people don't bother to do that though. They might get a bill of sale but they usually don't care. I have professional paperwork on every transaction I have done in the last 5 years.

Once a weapon is bought from a dealer in the US, it disappears unless it is transferred back into the system. If, for example, a firearm is used in a violent crime and the police have nothing else to go on they can ask the surrounding shops and check the NAC database to see who originally bought it and when or if it was stolen. If the original owner is someone who could not have been involved and has no solid record or information about who bought it they can do nothing.

If mandatory weapons turn-ins happen it won't be like the happy go lucky california turn-in. "Bring in your guns and get a giftcard!!" It will be a massive armed force going door to door and removing weapons by FORCE from every law abiding citizen. National guard will be used as security while special task forces are setup that have no ties to the local community. It will instantly become a communist regime because that is the only way it would ever be successful. Neighbors would be given leeway or incentives to turn on everyone and there are just enough people that think it would work and improve our society, that they would be stupidly successful in their efforts.
    Just wanted to point out one problem, do you actually think that the NG in any state of the union, is going to stand by and abide by this while this so called confiscation happens? Dont hold your breath, Believe me when I say, the NG are even more vehemently aware of state rights over active duty troops. The last thing any NG troop will do is walk his streets during a confiscation, they learned that lesson in Katrina. Ive had this conversation over and over with NG troops and trust me when I say, I do feel sorry for anyone who tries to do it.
    RELIGION IS LIKE A PENIS
    Its fine to have one,
    Its fine to be proud of it,
    But please dont whip it out in public and start waving it around,
    And PLEASE dont try to force it down my children's throats.

An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.