Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Rule of three's.........revised

stark assed naked and butt to nut with no issues
    Must be a Canadian thing. . .put a few of us good ole boys together, and start talks like these, add a few adult beverages in. . . and hell, it may be something worth selling tickets too!

But in the end, while we may have differing opinions, we still would have each others back if they needed it.

That is why I enjoy these conversations with you guys. . . I may look at BWRR or Izzy or any of you guys for that matter. . . and think. ."man. . .BWRR/Izzy/EB/ST/HM. . . .damn. . this guy is so far in left field, hes not even in the ballfield anymore!" but if any of you guys needed help, all that is put aside, because I know, just because we have different opinions on many things, we are all still working on a common goal in the end. I cant wait to see where this conversation goes!

And for the record, Suicide is a planned event, having dealt closely with multiple family and friends who its happened to, and personally witnessed it once, its all about being at peace with ones self, the hurt and pain is over with, so its weird and hard to describe at the same time.
    RELIGION IS LIKE A PENIS
    Its fine to have one,
    Its fine to be proud of it,
    But please dont whip it out in public and start waving it around,
    And PLEASE dont try to force it down my children's throats.

An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.

Where's the epi?

All I can say is I HOPE that when I die I have been a good enough person to go to Heaven and I have FAITH in God that he will allow me a place at His table.
    I love all of my Ant family. Ya'll are crazy wonderful.
    I apologize for nothing...

I have still yet to grow a brain
    Hope is not used in survival. When your placed in a survival situation hope is the last thing one should be thinking about. What I thought about was I will survive, I will achieve and I will overcome. Hoping for things to be handed to you to make your issue easier is cause for failure. If you want a deeper detailed explanation it is simple. The world is you and you are your world. No one... no human cares about you more than you do. The gods if you believe in them don't 'help' the sick and dying. So it is a test of your belief don't die do everything in your known ability and push past your comfort zone.

If you work from your comfort zone you wont achieve the desired outcome.

For the Love of Cats

Quote Originally Posted by ElevenBravo View Post
    After being without water for two days, *I* did not tell my body I was thirsty... It was the other way around. After beating the bush with all my field gear, an M60 AND extra ammo for the damn thing, in 90 deg heat and humidity, I fail to see the validity of your point. I suspect the statement was well intentioned, but with limited personal experience.
    While never having served I do not have YOUR experience, but have had many opportunities of my own, and in fact rendered myself unconscious once due to dehydration because I chose not to drink. I was working in a machine shop in Isla Provadencia (Columbia) while working as crew on a sailboat, and spent a day and a half sweating like a dog in a dungeon of a building making a part needed for the boat. After a day and a half, the sweating stopped. It took another day to finish the part, and by then I was borderline delirious, but refused to drink the water. What came out of the tap had the same colour/smell/texture of what is in sewage lagoons. I chose to wait until I was back aboard ship to drink. I understand what you mean, but you still chose to listen to your body and drink.

Sounds like a pulpit answer, I doubt everyone that let them self go were cowards. I have not undergone cancer treatment, nor have I been diagnosed with limited time to live... but Ive been around those that were. The misery they endure, the pain that wont stop and the grim reaper getting closer, if they did take the express way out, Id think they were rather brave, than coward... I could never do it, I dont have the guts.
    In this kind of extreme case, I agree with you! Apples to Oranges. I was referring to the many people that I know that gave up their lives because of some event that they thought was insurmountable... like my buddy's kid who recently did because his marriage failed. Or an old friend did because he lost his job. Or like another old friend because his girlfriend cheated on him. I am sure that had they had the opportunity to look back two years later, they would have realized that those events were not 'end of world' and could have been worked through. A good buddy died this spring after losing a brutal fight against cancer. He fought until his dying breath, made easier via morphine, but I know that if he had the wherewithal to end it himself sooner, he would have and I would not have thought any less of him.

Technically, thats a pulpit answer too... Not everyone is christian and subscribe to there beliefs, so I assume you are addressing those that do...

EB
    This is a pulpit answer, because if you do not believe in God, then the whole thought of what he thinks of you, and whether he accepts you is moot. You have a bad day at the office, you kill yourself and go into the great oblivious nothing... and you leave nothing behind... except those who loved you, liked you, cared for you; to deal with your decision... and the holes that you left in their hearts and their lives.

I saved a buddy's life once while we were in University. He succumbed to the pressures, lost a job/girlfriend/whatever... I stopped by to visit him and found him on the floor unconscious among a bevy of empty pill bottles... Called 911 and they got him in in time to pump his stomach and flush him out. We lost touch years later, but now he is happily married with a brood of kids and happy as happy can be. He and his family thanked me many times for being there for him. He underwent counselling after the event, and was able to bounce back and got the tools to deal with the 'small stuff'

IMO
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

plenty of extra room "down his pants"
    Nice follow up T, well done!
    EB
    "Takes .357 to the field... every time..."
    "AR - America's Rifle"
    "Bushido, an honourable way of life"

Do NOT mess with him while he's pumping gas.

Nice follow up T, well done!
    EB
    You gotta watch out for sniper, he's up to something, I just watched that documentary Canadian Bacon, and I know he's up to something! Lol
    Common sense is so rare these days, it should be re-classified as a super power.

For the Love of Cats

Mmmmm Bacon...
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Vodin View Post
    Hope is not used in survival. When your placed in a survival situation hope is the last thing one should be thinking about. What I thought about was I will survive, I will achieve and I will overcome. Hoping for things to be handed to you to make your issue easier is cause for failure. If you want a deeper detailed explanation it is simple. The world is you and you are your world. No one... no human cares about you more than you do. The gods if you believe in them don't 'help' the sick and dying. So it is a test of your belief don't die do everything in your known ability and push past your comfort zone.

If you work from your comfort zone you wont achieve the desired outcome.
    Vodin’s post shows the difference between Hope and Faith. The definition of Faith- “The evidence of things hoped for, but not yet seen”. So, Vodin has faith in himself to survive and the evidence of that faith is his belief in himself and the actions he takes to make it and survive. Hoping is good too, but won’t get it done without actions and belief. Faith is knowing without a doubt that when you turn on a light switch in your home, the lights will come on. Hope is not really knowing, but wishing the lights will come on when you flip that switch.

My humble opinion anyways.
    Don't wrestle with pigs; you'll get all muddy and the pigs will love it!

Bacon saver

Quote Originally Posted by ladyhk13 View Post
    All I can say is I HOPE that when I die I have been a good enough person to go to Heaven and I have FAITH in God that he will allow me a place at His table.
    I love all of my Ant family. Ya'll are crazy wonderful.
    You're not allowed to die and all your sins have been paid for, you're welcome. Therefore I might not meet you there (Heaven) but I'm working on getting a pass so I can come up and visit ya! Or maybe you'll get to come down and visit me, who knows but you're not allowed to pass on cause I ain't gonna get left hangin around here by myself!
    Be safe.............the night is your friend.

CC Gray Panther
    Quote Originally Posted by Brownwater Riverrat 13 View Post
    You're not allowed to die and all your sins have been paid for, you're welcome. Therefore I might not meet you there (Heaven) but I'm working on getting a pass so I can come up and visit ya! Or maybe you'll get to come down and visit me, who knows but you're not allowed to pass on cause I ain't gonna get left hangin around here by myself!
    Don't worry your salty dog self river Rat. I'll be there right beside ya'.
    Somebody has to take control of the lower realm. It might as well be us and whomever else is on the low end of the pole.

Remember they only send in the worst of the worst to wreak a change of attitude on those who need up bringing.
    Just sayin'

Not that you worry anyway.