Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is this a necessary thread?

Is this a necessary thread?

I am sure everyone on this board knows that Tuesday is a very important election. Do not get complacent and think that your vote is not important! People sometimes think "So and so has it wrapped up." Maybe they think my candidate does not have a chance. Big news folks every vote counts!

Here on the left coast in California we have 17, yes seventeen, propositions on the state portion of the ballot. If you are in Cali. remember to vote NO on 63, the oppresive ammunition law. Buy a permit and pay extra tax to buy ammo, along with a waiting period? NO WAY!

Bacon saver

That's why we vote.......early. Then we beat our kids into submission and make them vote as well....for the right person........for the right reasons of course. I'm not paying attention to the poles and the news right now it's just BS to me. I'm working on the Dozier and gettin that prepped. Now that's a thread worth starting. Anyway. you're on target and trackin brother! "GET OFF YOUR ASSES AND VOTE!" There, I just wasn't as polite...........
    Be safe.............the night is your friend.

CC Gray Panther
    Well I think you should start that Dozer thread along with pics.

I'll most likely shit myself

We voted Friday a week ago. Pretty good line by the time we left. There seems to be a good amount of support for everyone but Hittlery. Hopefully that is the case nationwide.
    Just be ready to go on Wed.

He's old and grumpy, but not fat. He'll be right back...he has to go tell some kids to get off his lawn

If you don't vote, you are abdicating your rights to others. Not voting also gives you no right to complain afterwards, when the various legislatures do whatever they do. If you don't think your vote counts, tell that to folks in Florida, 2000 showed how important it is, no matter who you favor.
    "There are no winners in war, only bigger losers"

If you see me or hear me coming, I'm not doing my job.

plenty of extra room "down his pants"
    Since Tue is right around the corner.. Please expand on the Electorial College.

As I understand it, each state has a n Electoral College value. The number to win is 270 electoral votes.
    So adding up the number of electoral college states and there value will determine who won the presidency.

So if my state of VA had a win of popular vote for republican Trump, then we toss 13 of the 270 needed
    votes into the hat for Trump.

http://www.270towin.com/

So, the POPULAR VOTE is still needed to determine the president, but its based on the electoral votes, correct?

edit...
    Doesnt look that way, reading these links, but appreciate any input from the ants.

https://www.quora.com/Why-does-the-p...-the-final-say

http://www.learnnc.org/lp/media/less...alcollege.html

Thx-
    "Takes .357 to the field... every time..."
    "AR - America's Rifle"
    "Bushido, an honourable way of life"

CC Gray Panther
    I've pondered this election and have a thought on it.

We're all preparing in case Hillary or Trump wins. But let me ask this ; What if T.P.T.B. don't want her but instead want Trump to win? If she wins we know it's another 4 years of the same old stuff only on steroids. All the groups controlled by Left will stand down compared to right now until they and their masters see if they can finish off our demise. and if not they're to blame.

On the other hand if they help get Trump in he'll do a lot of the things these groups hate. Thus T.P.T.B. just have to wait and give him enough time to enact some of these programs. They then send out the message that the groups have to rise up violently in order to take back their perceived rights. They can go on T.V. ; newspapers ; internet and lay the blame on Trump & the rest of us all the while looking like victims.

By having these people kill ; rape ; murder ; destroy property and whatever else they have in mind all the while portraying these groups as victims who only want what they were told is right for them.
    Now I'm no genius ; but in my military mind I'd use the opposition leader to bring forth the very downfall that I've been seeking.They know Trump will try to implement his programs thus angering these groups .
    Wait for the temperature to be just at boiling point and turn the cannon fodder loose upon the citizens. And when they fight back they will become the outlaws.

Hillary can only move so fast ; But Trump will try to act quickly which will speed up the Left's time table. The sheep will obey and follow their bosses. Where as our side will be a little more patient before they react.

I know this may seem far fetched but then again I'm just looking at all the angles .
    Last edited by eagle326; 11-07-2016 at 12:07 PM.

may be in trouble

Quote Originally Posted by ElevenBravo View Post
    Since Tue is right around the corner.. Please expand on the Electorial College.

As I understand it, each state has a n Electoral College value. The number to win is 270 electoral votes.
    So adding up the number of electoral college states and there value will determine who won the presidency.

So if my state of VA had a win of popular vote for republican Trump, then we toss 13 of the 270 needed
    votes into the hat for Trump.

http://www.270towin.com/

So, the POPULAR VOTE is still needed to determine the president, but its based on the electoral votes, correct?

edit...
    Doesnt look that way, reading these links, but appreciate any input from the ants.

https://www.quora.com/Why-does-the-p...-the-final-say

http://www.learnnc.org/lp/media/less...alcollege.html

Thx-
    Back in my youth, we were taught that the College was a compromise between a popular vote and a selection by the powerful, and that it was done in a time when the results would take days to tabulate.

Since the days of the telegraph, such things have been far faster. I've always been of the thought of each state having its say, x y or z... and the count of the states by simple majority.

This will be the tenth Presidential election I've participated in. I'll say it flatfooted; a Rodham win will insure that there will be no further elections down the line, following the German precedent eighty-odd years ago.

A Rodham win will fix the Reagan prediction, though... I was willing to hold out the small shred of hope that the Thousand Years had not started under BHO. A Rodham regime will show that I was in error, and indeed these last eight years were part of the darkness Reagan predicted, and that eight years of hoping it wasn't was testimony to those that endured and prevailed against it.
    Last edited by mitunnelrat; 11-07-2016 at 01:39 AM. Reason: see post below

CC Gray Panther
    The electoral college was created so that the states with the most population could not dictate the direction of the country. This way the smaller states have equal footing. You must earn a combination of both big and small in order to win.

If we were to go by popular vote only we would be a democracy and that we are not. The country was founded as a republic in the sense that every citizen has an equal say in it's direction hence the electoral college.
    But over the years the word democracy has been used to describe this country and most people don't realize the difference of the two. Too many people have no knowledge of history there in lies the problem.

Bacon saver

Quote Originally Posted by eagle326 View Post
    Well I think you should start that Dozer thread along with pics.
    OK, I'll break out the camera. I have been having a go of it with this thing. Trickle down effect........thread to follow.
    Be safe.............the night is your friend.