PDA

View Full Version : Welcome new members! Introduce yourselves here

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

RedJohn
02-21-2011, 05:59 PM
At SHTF Ready, we love to know about our members. Come say hello and tell us a little about. Don't break OPSEC though.

LUNCHBOX
02-21-2011, 08:14 PM
Hello everyone, I came here from another site by invitation (I think)--I hope to give as much information and input as I get from here and welcome all the new members yet to come.

The Stig
02-21-2011, 08:16 PM
Hello everyone, I came here from another site by invitation (I think)--I hope to give as much information and input as I get from here and welcome all the new members yet to come.

Welcome aboard.

We appreciate you joining us. Hope we can build a place that's worth your time.

ETA: I am an industrial salesman who's in the process of moving to rural southern Mississippi. It's part of a larger plan but driven by a job transfer. I'm interested in defensive shooting, creative writing and generally hanging out with my family.

I'm really looking forward to helping build a true community of folks interested in prepping/survival.

RedJohn
02-21-2011, 08:20 PM

Welcome here. We're going to build a true survival community here.

gunbuilder69
02-21-2011, 09:33 PM
I invited lunchbox(my buddy from somewhere else),I invited a bunch of other troops as well. I think you will recognize some and welcome them all.
As for me,I'm a retired Ltc ffrom the US Army,I live in SoFLO and have all the same interest as you guys. I'm a licensed gunsmith(parttime) and a fulltime nuclear Chemist/Physicist.
Lets party troops!

LUNCHBOX
02-21-2011, 11:31 PM
Stig, I grew up in a little hole called Water Valley in Miss. Good memories, good luck to you.

A little about myself....Military, I spent some time in the sand back in '90-'91, Army Infantry. Job here, job there. For the last 7 years in L.E. with a Sheriff Dept. I like the outside more than the inside anytime.

Gunbuilder, thanks for the invite.

Jerry D Young
02-22-2011, 12:58 AM
I'm Jerry D Young. Been prepping for a long time, influenced by the Cuban Missile Crisis as a child, the Cold War, and then the New Madrid Seismic Zone when we moved to southeast Missouri. I've been disabled for some time, live in Reno, NV, and spend my time in forums like this one and writing the occasional story related to Preps and the PAW, as well as a few things in other genres. Hope to learn a lot, and pass along a little useful information I've picked up over the years. If it is all right with the site owners and administrators, I'd like to post some of my fiction here. But only if it is okay. Much of it does involve a Post Apocalyptic World scenario.

Jerry D Young

The Stig
02-22-2011, 01:16 AM
I'm Jerry D Young. Been prepping for a long time, influenced by the Cuban Missile Crisis as a child, the Cold War, and then the New Madrid Seismic Zone when we moved to southeast Missouri. I've been disabled for some time, live in Reno, NV, and spend my time in forums like this one and writing the occasional story related to Preps and the PAW, as well as a few things in other genres. Hope to learn a lot, and pass along a little useful information I've picked up over the years. If it is all right with the site owners and administrators, I'd like to post some of my fiction here. But only if it is okay. Much of it does involve a Post Apocalyptic World scenario.

Jerry D Young

Jerry..glad you found us and made your way here. Thanks for honoring us by spending time here.

We are discussing a creative writing forum. I'll make a note to PM you once it goes live.

gunslinger80
02-22-2011, 02:49 AM
Hi guys, Terry here, glad to see there is one more place for me to hang out now. I look forward to learning alot from all of you. The place looks great by the way...

gunbuilder..thanks for the invitation.

RedJohn
02-22-2011, 06:42 AM
Welcome all. Don't forget to invite your serious prepping friends.

Deadliestkatch
02-22-2011, 02:01 PM
Hi all! Lots of familiar faces here... Glad to be among friends. Thanks for the invite gunbuilder!
I am a prep minded gal in FL just looking to share info with others and hopefully learn a lot along the way.

RedJohn
02-22-2011, 03:02 PM
Welcome DK. We missed you!

mitunnelrat
02-22-2011, 03:06 PM
Hi all! I'm another follower of the gunbuilder ;) Prior Army, and now a full time security guard. I've been an active prepper for several years now, and my outlook has evolved several times. My current plan is a fully self-sufficient homestead here in Michigan through personal production and establishing a cooperative economy within my community. I've got a long way to go on that.

gunbuilder69
02-22-2011, 03:09 PM
I'm crying,just a little...

Kodiak
02-22-2011, 06:32 PM
Hello all, i also came from another site...cough, cough. LUNCHBOX, whom i work with and prep with told me about this new site and i jumped in with both feet. My interests include anything outdoors, anything that goes boom, and of course prepping.

The site looks great and i look forward to meeting and sharing ideas with everyone.

RedJohn
02-22-2011, 06:53 PM
Welcome from that **cough** other **cough** site. Glad that you made it here.

Zombiehuntereky
02-23-2011, 12:37 AM
You all Know ZH lol.

The Stig
02-23-2011, 12:41 AM
Oh lord. Lock up the booze and guns.

Welcome aboard dude. Glad you made it.

Zombiehuntereky
02-23-2011, 12:46 AM
Glad to be here. Sorry it took so long. I have been trying to stay the fuck away from the other place so I don't have a total meltdown and drive to somewhere well were ever those duche bags live and kick someone's ass.

ak474u
02-23-2011, 05:35 AM
I'm in Dallas TX, been prepping since 2001 really serious, but always prepped in one way or another since the cub scouts (even though i had no idea what i was doing) Shoot as much as possible, and work in the insulation/energy efficiency industry.

glad to see so many familiar posters here.

The Stig
02-23-2011, 11:43 AM
I'm in Dallas TX, been prepping since 2001 really serious, but always prepped in one way or another since the cub scouts (even though i had no idea what i was doing) Shoot as much as possible, and work in the insulation/energy efficiency industry.

glad to see so many familiar posters here.

Welcome aboard. Glad you found your way over ak.

Chubbs
02-24-2011, 07:16 PM
Hello everybody, gunbuilder invited me over to this site! Just started recently in prepping so I am a FNG to this but I do have some knowelege that I learned in the Marine Corps and from my good buddy GB69. Other then that I currently work in the trucking industry actively crossing over to the LE world.

Glad to meet everyone!

RedJohn
02-24-2011, 07:20 PM
Welcome Chubbs and thanks for looking into the logo thing for us.

The Stig
03-02-2011, 01:33 AM
Welcome aboard Chubbs. Look forward to getting to know you better. Please let us know if there's anything we can do for you.

Welcome to all who have joined us recently. I'm glad to see folks who are serious about prepping and survival joining the crowd.

chicom
03-02-2011, 02:38 AM
Hello, my name is chicom, and I'm a prepper.

I've been ignorance free for about 17 years now, and I thank for all the support of my fellow preppers.

Without meetings like this, I shudder to think that I could one day be found face down in the gutter with my pants around my ankles.

I love you guys.

sniff

RedJohn
03-02-2011, 07:53 AM
Welcome Chicom.

gunbuilder69
03-02-2011, 09:50 AM
Hey there brother Chi!!!!! The whole gang is almost here. I'm feeling good about this!

RedJohn
03-02-2011, 10:33 AM
Who's missing?

gunbuilder69
03-02-2011, 04:51 PM
I dont recall seeing Matt nor Lars or Dirt pirate either.But I'm happy as a pig in...

RedJohn
03-02-2011, 04:54 PM
Matt is here, although so busy by his wedding that he won't come online but after his honeymoon.

x-cop
03-02-2011, 08:08 PM
Hey
I recognize a buncha folks from other sites

Can't get my avatar to load up

same bio as ever. Ex LEO, USANG, metal worker been preppin since Clinton was around.

RedJohn
03-02-2011, 09:15 PM
Can't get my avatar to load up

It is normal because only premium members can have avatars and signatures (small signatures, please?). But I have good news for you, if your ID number is less or equal to 100, then you get a free lifetime premium. And your number is withing that range. premium coming soon.

bacpacker
03-05-2011, 07:23 PM
I see lots of folks from other sites, including some I haven't seen in a while. The site looks great, good topic's, and I believe it will serve everyone well to share and learn from.
I've been prepping off and on most of my life. I grew up farming, camping, boy scouts, then really got going full bore in the early/mid 90's when I fnally opened my eyes to what was happening to our great country.
I enjoy gardening, backpacking, camping, shooting, most anything outdoors. Very glad to be hear.

RedJohn
03-05-2011, 07:43 PM
Welcome to you. I don't know if the spelling of your handle is wanted, but if you need a "k" added somewhere, let me know by PM.

piranha2
03-06-2011, 08:53 PM
Hey guys, another refugee from "there".

RedJohn
03-06-2011, 09:07 PM
Hey guys, another refugee from "there".

Hey welcome. First 100 and Premium badges coming soon.

gunbuilder69
03-07-2011, 02:01 AM
Hail,hail. the gang is almost all here!

TEOTWAWKI13
03-08-2011, 01:24 PM
Hey strangers....thanks for the Premium and First 100 designation. Good to see a lot of the old crew. Wonder how long 'til we start having "turf wars". Haha!

About me: You all know me pretty good. I'm just a man working on a plan. Smartass First Class. Troll patrol.

tantalshooter
03-08-2011, 03:32 PM
Hey I am finally getting around to posting, but I am on this site thanks to.....Gunbuilder! I am most grateful to that quality friend for the invite. For those of you who don't know me, I live in Idaho and have been prepping since 2007. I've had a lot going on lately, being unemployed and trying to get back into school etc.
At any rate I am glad to be here!
That other site became a disappointment. What a relief to have this one.

Twitchy
03-08-2011, 04:55 PM
Forgot to post here.... *i think*

Refugee from the *other* forum... Glad to be here!

RedJohn
03-08-2011, 06:50 PM
Wonder how long 'til we start having "turf wars". Haha!

LOL. No turf war. They've lost already. The good people, the ones that made the other one successful are coming here one by one. We brought the other one up, we surely can do the same to this one, and even more because we bought the right software.

And I am laughing if the "New Guard" (they call us "Old Guard") comes here. All their actual IPs are banned.

TEOTWAWKI13
03-08-2011, 06:59 PM
LOL. No turf war. They've lost already. The good people, the ones that made the other one successful are coming here one by one. We brrought the other one up, we surely can do the same to this one, and even more because we bought the right software.

And I am laughing if the "New Guard" (they call us "Old Guard") comes here. All their actual IPs are banned.

Buahahahahahaha! I'm proud to be of the old guard. And I was only 'over there' for a couple years. Let's roll.

The Stig
03-08-2011, 08:42 PM
Wonder how long 'til we start having "turf wars".

I love the direction our new home is taking. It's refreshing to read all the threads where real people actually do real prep related activities. Then they.....gasp....discuss said prep related activities. All of the basement warriors and tinfoil freaks just water everything down.

There's really no need for a turf war. We're focusing on becoming the top spot for serious prepping discussion. They are focusing on being the World Net Daily of prepping & enlightened acceptance. That's cool. It's just a different focus and feel. Sort of like the difference between Arfcom and Lightfigther. You go to one looking for reliable information posted by those who've been in harms way. You can count on that information being accurate or at least field tested. As you can imagine we want shtfready to be thought of similarly.

Like I said, I'm really pleased with the crew that is starting to form and the threads that are popping up here.

Looking forward to seeing who else joins our motley band of brigands.

TEOTWAWKI13
03-08-2011, 09:41 PM
I love the direction our new home is taking. It's refreshing to read all the threads where real people actually do real prep related activities. Then they.....gasp....discuss said prep related activities. All of the basement warriors and tinfoil freaks just water everything down.

There's really no need for a turf war. We're focusing on becoming the top spot for serious prepping discussion. They are focusing on being the World Net Daily of prepping & enlightened acceptance. That's cool. It's just a different focus and feel. Sort of like the difference between Arfcom and Lightfigther. You go to one looking for reliable information posted by those who've been in harms way. You can count on that information being accurate or at least field tested. As you can imagine we want shtfready to be thought of similarly.

Like I said, I'm really pleased with the crew that is starting to form and the threads that are popping up here.

Looking forward to seeing who else joins our motley band of brigands.

Oh man I was just being my usual smartastic self. I like this site already. I'm not gonna lie and say some of the old tin foil stuff wasn't interesting reading and I added my share to that topic, but it was done for "something to do" so to speak. Part of me used it to pass time during a boring day.

But you're so right. It had taken a "command center in mom's basement" sort of feel to it.

I look forward to the "application" of useful info from this place.

RedJohn
03-08-2011, 10:27 PM
Premium section will bring some of that soon. We're just thinking about it.

TEOTWAWKI13
03-08-2011, 10:36 PM
Premium section will bring some of that soon. We're just thinking about it.

Good to know. Not a priority. In moderation it's all well and good, but there are certain members of "other" sites take it too far and it grows quite annoying. A conversation about the best way to plant a garden would turn into a rant agains the devil Monsanto corporation and how it was designed to thin the herd in an effort for the aliens to come back to earth and mate with the reptilians in the underground base beneath the Denver Airport where all the MREs were purchased and stored by the federal government who was afraid Niburu was coming to crash into earth in 2012. Whew! I'm out of breath typing all that. :)

God I love my job!

gunbuilder69
03-09-2011, 02:48 AM
Man,Am I glad all you guys(and gal) are here,it feels like the old days of when I would log in for an answer to some solid prep question and get an answer from 5 different members...and they were all right on the money! Now that place is the source of disinformation and my fellow grown-ups are here rebuilding the practical users forum the way it was back then!

bacpacker
03-09-2011, 10:48 AM
Funny how things change. It's got to the of a question getting 20 answers, but I takes 30 minutes of sorting thru crap to find something useful.
Even as small as "ready" is right now, but growing quickly, I'm picking up good info most everyday. Also gettin to know some of you I never had the chance to before.

The Stig
03-09-2011, 11:28 AM
Honestly, since we're having a lovefest, I feel reinvigorated about prepping. Frankly dealing the mouthbreathers sucked the will to prep from me. Reading a new PM every day that basically said "Whhhhaaaaaaaaa it hurt my feelings when you closed my link dump" and then the follow up 7 PM's of "why are you so mean" didn't leave much energy left over for discussing prepping.

Please spread the word about us to your fellow serious preppers. We're looking for fellow like minded folks who want to discuss prepping and share their real world experience with the group. Basement bound warriors and UTG loving fools need not apply as they will be stomped.

alaska
03-13-2011, 05:23 PM
howdy gang. Mind if I hang out?

TEOTWAWKI13
03-13-2011, 06:14 PM
howdy gang. Mind if I hang out?

Good to see you Alaska...what made you leave the other place? Buahahahahaha! j/k

RedJohn
03-13-2011, 06:50 PM
Hey, no problems, you're welcome to the newest and truest survival forum on the net. "First 100" tag and "FREE LIFETIME PREMIUM MEMBERSHIP" coming up.

alaska
03-13-2011, 08:47 PM
Thank you sir.
As for your "question"
I have the explanation on pdf next to the new vinegar one lmfao:cool:

RedJohn
03-13-2011, 09:01 PM
Maybe I was not clear, it happens to me a lot.
I was saying that I have plenty of PDF with survival stuff and tips, like the vinegar one and that I will re-transcript them as soon as I find time.

alaska
03-13-2011, 11:56 PM
lol no no
i was saying the reasons about the other place are long enough to put on a pdf

Twitchy
03-14-2011, 12:08 AM
Ah, i love the new generation of prep sites... Going well!

beginner
03-19-2011, 02:53 AM
Cool looking site guys! Glad I got an invite to head on over. Just one question..... where is the tin foil section ? Bwahahaha! J/K

RedJohn
03-19-2011, 12:11 PM
Cool looking site guys! Glad I got an invite to head on over. Just one question..... where is the tin foil section ? Bwahahaha! J/K

I knew that we forgot a forum. I just could not figure out this one. Too late now anyway. We'll have to do without it now. :)

beginner
03-20-2011, 01:18 AM
I knew that we forgot a forum. I just could not figure out this one. Too late now anyway. We'll have to do without it now. :)

Aw jeez, that's really too bad, lol.....

alaska
03-20-2011, 01:52 AM
gee what a crying shame
perhaps we can have one thats a lil less potent, perhaps a Freezer paper section instead of tinfoil

gunbuilder69
03-20-2011, 04:13 AM
"Freezer paper section"
that's funny right there.
I think we can have a more prep focused group here w/out much tinfoilly goodness,but that being said,i did contribute to it in the past :)

W9driver
03-20-2011, 04:18 AM
Got the invite from beginner (hat tip). Cant wait to jump neck deep into the new site.

gunbuilder69
03-20-2011, 04:19 AM
welcome W9driver. Enjoy,learn and contribute!

alaska
03-20-2011, 03:34 PM
Welcome
And yes, we do have a well focused group

bacpacker
03-20-2011, 05:57 PM
Welcome to the new folks, glad to have you in here. Can't wait to see what you have to throw in.

The Stig
04-22-2011, 04:53 PM
I'd like to take a second to thank all of those who have joined us in the past few days. It's great to see so many new names. Please dive in and enjoy the information we have here.....and contribute your own!

Don't forget all of the original 100 members are receiving a free premium membership (lifetime) along with the "First 100" banner under their name. It's not much but it's our way of thanking you for being here.

And to those who've been here a bit and been contributing....many thanks! Your content is why people are checking us out and joining in. It's been rock solid information that relates to day-to-day prepping. RedJohn and I appreciate your efforts deeply.

RedJohn
04-22-2011, 05:12 PM
Don't forget all of the original 100 members are receiving a free premium membership (lifetime) along with the "First 100" banner under their name. It's not much but it's our way of thanking you for being here.

You have to post at least once to get this privilege though.

bacpacker
04-22-2011, 06:50 PM
Welcome to the new folks. I hadn't paid much attention the last few days, but we have a lot of new folks this week. Jump in with both feet and let's all share what we know or leqarn what we don't from each other.

Grumpy Old Man
04-22-2011, 06:54 PM
Pretty clearly I'm new to this group of friends. Stumbled here by accident when a friend told me I would like to read some of The Stigs work. Found it, liked it and joined. I've been on several boards for a number of years and each one has it's own flavor. One is heavily Christian and there is a theological Party line there. Another is jam packed full of folks that were prepping for Y2K and the tension gets a little much. i like the concept of an information exchange without extraneous subjects intruding.

About myself: Eagle Scout 1967, hunter, fisherman, father, grandfather, horseman, gardener and dog enthusiast. I also have a penchant for collecting sharp and pointy things, cast iron cookware and militaria. Been buckskinning for quite awhile and appreciate the old ways. Also tie my own flies, sew my own skins and am now learning how to knit.

RedJohn
04-22-2011, 07:23 PM
Welcome to you GOM. You'll fit right in here.

vesper
04-23-2011, 07:59 AM
Was really getting annoyed with all the foof and foolery on another forum. Someone posted a link to some fiction here, so I checked in. Lifetime girl scout tinker and pantry queen, who finds tinfoil excellent for building solar cookers.

RedJohn
04-23-2011, 08:59 AM
We're all thinking like you here, and the staff will ensure that it will stay this way. Welcome here vesper.

CheriG22
04-24-2011, 06:42 PM
Hello all, this looks like a great place to learn, and get in on the 'ground' floor. Hope my posts will help others in their journey to preparedness.

Cheri

RedJohn
04-24-2011, 07:00 PM
Welcome to you. Premium and 100 tag coming your way.

Thor827
04-25-2011, 03:34 AM
Hey guys! I just stumbled across this page by accident. Stig's awesome stories brought me here. Glad to meet you all.

RedJohn
04-25-2011, 07:56 AM
Welcome to you. Enjoy the stories and the site.

damienstoy
04-26-2011, 07:30 PM
Hello. I stumbled on this site and am very happy to have found a place where I can get information without indoctrination. I come from a family of "accidental" preppers... my parents both grew up during the great depression, so our pantry was always full, and we were buying multi-packs before anyone who didn't have eight kids bought them.

I'm looking forward to learning a lot, and perhaps to sharing some of my adventures as I am going to be moving to what will be my (hopefully) retreat location sometime this year.

Foghorn
04-26-2011, 09:10 PM
I just signed up and thought I'd better say hi.

I'll probably do more reading here than writing. That is my turn irl also so nothing new.

I was raised in a family of folks who know a lot about survival and being prepared. Some of it has sunk in and some of it I wish I had paid closer attention to. I'll do a lot of reading and jump in if I think I can add to a topic.

Nice to be here.

Doug

The Stig
04-26-2011, 10:46 PM
Welcome aboard to all our new members. We are honored that you chose to spend time with us.

bacpacker
04-27-2011, 12:21 AM
Het folks, glad you mstopped by. Looking forward to what you've got to share with us all.

alpmco
05-03-2011, 07:02 PM
Hello all. Wow, I recognize a bunch of youse guys and gals.
I've been pretty busy the last couple years traveling where the internet is severely regulated. I came back to see Matt no longer owns my old home. Been jumping from spot to spot to see what I've missed. Then I saw a PM over on the other site from Johny Ringo (Tony) directing me here.
Alan

RedJohn
05-03-2011, 07:13 PM
Welcome Alan. You took your time to find us :)

alpmco
05-03-2011, 07:21 PM
Welcome Alan. You took your time to find us :)
I used to be real active over on whenSHTF but the last couple years began to wear thin on me and I started traveling a bunch so I turned in my admin stripes. Pretty much Boy Scouts and work eat up all my time. I used to enjoy Jeeping and The Orlando Jeep Club and floridajeepers.net (Dirtpirate's forum) but there is only so much time in the day.
OH, and there is that alien abduction problem I used to be plagued with. I finally have that under control!

RedJohn
05-03-2011, 07:40 PM
Right, I forgot about the whole alien thing. :)
Glad to see you anyway.

The Stig
05-03-2011, 07:58 PM
Glad another refugee found his way over. We hope you enjoy the substitute home we are building.

mitunnelrat
05-03-2011, 08:05 PM
Hey Al! Its good to see you! I was wondering how you were doing.

alpmco
05-03-2011, 08:26 PM
I've been busy trying to stay employed. Things are really slow right now. My son is about to turn 13 so I bet I'm in for more trials and tribulations as he enter the realm of "Teenager"! As much as he argues with his teachers (Not maliciously, he has a lot logic in his arguments) over politics, laws and just "What's right" I willing to bet he becomes a lawyer. He says no, he is still set on the US Army. So I figure he will be an army lawyer.
I'm concerned that me and his mother have rubbed off on him too early in life. He should be leaning to the left at this age but he doesn't. How does the saying go ... if you're not a liberal as a youth you have no heart ...
Where did I go wrong?

RedJohn
05-03-2011, 08:31 PM
Where did I go wrong?

You had sex. I thought this was pretty obvious.

alpmco
05-03-2011, 08:34 PM
You had sex. I thought this was pretty obvious.
It must have been while I was asleep. I put a wide screen TV in the bedroom to keep it from happening again!

izzyscout21
05-03-2011, 08:42 PM
you had sex. I thought this was pretty obvious.

ROTFLMAO. Me too.......

bacpacker
05-03-2011, 08:57 PM
Welcome. They got a good site going here.

Durabledan
05-10-2011, 03:16 PM
Hello guys: Displaced Maine-iac here, now living in S.Florida. Ex- Military now retired.

RedJohn
05-10-2011, 03:56 PM
Welcome to you. Premium and Tag on the way.

Clif45
05-10-2011, 10:02 PM
Hello. I kind of stumbled onto this site while reading a few stories and have been hooked on The Stig's writing. Its an informative site and I enjoy browsing.

The Stig
05-10-2011, 10:11 PM
Hello. I kind of stumbled onto this site while reading a few stories and have been hooked on The Stig's writing. Its an informative site and I enjoy browsing.

Cliff....thank you very much for the kind words. I really appreciate them.

And, for making your first post, you just got the free premium membership (lifetime) and "first 100" tag. Thanks for supporting our humble little site.

RedJohn
05-10-2011, 11:54 PM
Welcome to you Clif45

Hot Wire
05-11-2011, 12:20 AM
Here to learn, share, to be more prepared.

RedJohn
05-11-2011, 12:56 AM
Welcome to you Hot Wire. We're eager to give and receive knowledge.

bacpacker
05-11-2011, 01:43 AM
Welcome to the new guys. I can't wait to see what you all have to share. Enjoy!

mitunnelrat
05-11-2011, 08:56 PM
Welcome in everyone!

brayden
05-23-2011, 02:47 AM
just got on board the board. howdy hey!

alaska
05-23-2011, 04:46 AM
Welcome

izzyscout21
06-01-2011, 02:14 PM
welcome to all the fresh blood. Hope you enjoy your stay

Grumpy Old Man
06-01-2011, 05:34 PM
Welcome to all the new members. Enjoy your time here.

hedgehog
06-04-2011, 02:10 PM
Hello all, found this site following JDY stories. Was a member of another site but not much of a poster. Great site, hope to learn a lot and share what I have learned. Former Marine. Eagle Scout. In the aviation field. NW arkansas.

bacpacker
06-04-2011, 02:49 PM
Welcome in HH. Glad to have you. Thank you for your service! Enjoy and post away, we're always lookin for something good to learn or debate.

The Stig
06-04-2011, 04:14 PM
Hello all, found this site following JDY stories. Was a member of another site but not much of a poster. Great site, hope to learn a lot and share what I have learned. Former Marine. Eagle Scout. In the aviation field. NW arkansas.

Hey there Hedgehog. Welcome aboard and thanks for spending time with us. We hope we offer valuable information to you and looking forward to getting to know you a bit.

Let us know if there's anything we can do for you.

TroubleShooter
06-15-2011, 11:23 PM
I am here...............

LUNCHBOX
06-16-2011, 12:01 AM
Troublshooter, I wondered after we talked how long it would take you....some good guys/gals here, enjoy.

TroubleShooter
06-16-2011, 12:09 AM
Troublshooter, I wondered after we talked how long it would take you....some good guys/gals here, enjoy.

Thanks , I was cruising around on the other forum and went out to the shop area after hearing the door open , came back in and seen where you wrote the address on my notepad...............The rest is history.

piranha2
06-16-2011, 12:10 AM
Welcome all.

RedJohn
06-16-2011, 12:18 AM
I am here...............

Welcome, you still made it in time for the free lifetime premium membership and the first 100 tag.

TroubleShooter
06-16-2011, 12:26 AM
Welcome, you still made it in time for the free lifetime premium membership and the first 100 tag.

Thanks RJ...

The Stig
06-16-2011, 12:28 AM
Thanks , I was cruising around on the other forum and went out to the shop area after hearing the door open , came back in and seen where you wrote the address on my notepad...............The rest is history.

Glad you decided to check us out. Hope you enjoy it here and find the information useful.

mybodymyself
06-30-2011, 01:01 AM
Newbie with a lot going on

Thanx for creating and running SHTFR (SHTF Ready). Have finally to give it a shot after registering awhile back.

My name is Jessica A. Still live with my parents and have an fraternal twin sister as well. Live in Metro New York on New Jersey side of it USA. Born with a Neurologically based speech impairment/apraxia-dysarthria. Suffering from depression/anxiety for awhile now. Yet to reach this stage of life and etc. I'm an student of life and clerical volunteer.

History, suggestions, questions

Please feel free do an external search on me (mybodymyself, jessica b, jessicaabruno) to see the rest of my past work that I did on other site and forums. Don’t worry have since left all of those forums for this one.

What the heck has happen to another sites and forums? As for me have been on lot of them, but somehow never felt quite right on any of them. Hoping that I will feel home here and stay for good.

This is from a vBulletin that I received from another forum that I just received from another board that I left when I found here. Well, there a few more that I also left as well.
vBulletin Message:

You have been banned for the following reason:
Spamming advertisement and other useless crap
Date the ban will be lifted: NeverHeres my response and which I sent via email.

I'm no longer be on because I wasn't what I was looking for. Its nothing against you or the content, but the paid subscriptions and etc. Much rather be on free access forums then paid ones. At the same time have removed all of my info from my profile and etc. That includes facebook and etc. Now, I'm on other forums that I'm really feel at home.

Have also freed from all of the other forums that I used belong to and removed all of my personal info them as well. Found why continue with those when I have SHTFR for everything and etc. This also goes for paid subscriptions as well.

This isn't the first time that I have wondered about this.

Do you think its right for forums and etc to have paid subscriptions and why?

As for me I was never that crazy about paid subscriptions. Especially, when it turned out that it wasn't right (their end or my end or neither end). I no longer use paypal because had bad experiences using it.

piranha2
06-30-2011, 01:23 AM
Jessica, I cannot speak for the owners or the mods, but as far as I am concerned, you are welcome here. Just follow the guidelines and it will be all good. just follow the rules.

bacpacker
06-30-2011, 01:30 AM
Welcome Jessica, lots of good info on here. The search feature is your friend for sure. A lot of good info on here as well. I look forward to what you have to share.

piranha2
06-30-2011, 01:35 AM
Its free here honey. And we look forward to your input. Speech impediments won't prevent you from telling us what you want to.

The Stig
06-30-2011, 01:36 AM
Welcome aboard mybodymyself. Glad that you have found us.

Fortunately, as an original member you have eared a free, life-time, premium membership. As such you never have to worry about premium sections and whatnot.

Hope that we have some helpful information here for you. We're trying hard to build a solid core of people talking about prepping and we're off to a great start. I'm so impressed with the folks who've joined in the fray thus far.

Please let us know if you have any questions or there's anything we can assist you with.

piranha2
06-30-2011, 01:55 AM
See Jessica, its working out already. You may have found a home. I know that I have.

Daca102090
07-02-2011, 10:26 PM
I am pleased to see that a few people have looked into my profile already. I try to be as upfront about my employment as possible so that I can try to defuse the suggestion that I might be a .gov troll :p without completely trashing opsec. I am not a post hound so I tend to speak up when I think I can actually add to the information pool and not just add to the background noise.

I will sometimes check into several forums after dark at work as the pace is pretty dead. That will explain some of the ISP numbers that will pop up with my log ons.

Recognize a lot of member names! :)

mitunnelrat
07-03-2011, 04:11 AM
Welcome in Daca. We're not into conspiracy theories here, so I say pretty confidently that accusation wouldn't have come up. Thanks for the background info though, its nice to know what perspective a person is drawing upon at times.

Daca102090
07-03-2011, 06:06 AM
Well I have seen how my IP addresses come up, anywhere from Houston Texas to Virginia to Washington state depending on which computer I am logged onto at the time.

Like I said I also recognize a lot of the names from the (cough cough) other site.

Sometimes I may have fairly specialized or in depth knowledge and information and that may come from my on the job experiences and training, so like I said I just want to be up front with everything.

bacpacker
07-04-2011, 01:48 AM
Welcome Daca. Glad you made it in.

RedJohn
07-04-2011, 09:49 AM
Welcome Daca. Feds, cops, libs, etc. Everybody is welcome here. Prepping is not a conservative white christian male concern :)

AlphaTea
07-07-2011, 12:02 AM
So, is Daca102090 number 100?
I see that the total number of names in the member list is at 100 now.
just curious.

Never mind.

I just did a search and there are only 72 "Premium" members. Still 28 to go.

RedJohn
07-07-2011, 12:36 AM
27! 10MMGarry just joined the conversation.

The Stig
08-29-2011, 09:52 PM
Have seen a number of new names popping up on the site.

Thanks to one and all for joining us. Hope you like it here and look forward to the prepping conversation.

The Stig
09-21-2011, 01:08 AM
Lots of new names popping up. Look forward to getting to know you all.

Here are a couple threads that would be good to review if you haven't done so already.

Thread 1 (http://www.shtfready.com/announcements/forum-rules-please-read-understand-1.html)

Thread 2 (http://www.shtfready.com/announcements/welcome-aboard-all-members-please-read-2.html)

With that out of the way.....welcome to the website. We appreciate you taking time to join us and look forward to discussing prepping.

DisasterGuy
09-21-2011, 01:20 AM
Hi RedJohn--

Thanks for the application to join the forum, RedJohn.

My background is writing. Went to Alaska in early 70s, got a pilot's license and a plane, and learned about survival kits. Have had 72-hr kits at home and in cars ever since; teach others to make them. Outdoors type, I'm told: camping, kayaking, hunting, fishing, bumming around in the boonies. Probably have spent 3 years sleeping outdoors, most recently last weekend at a lake. Am LDS, which helps because the church promotes having food/fuel/clothing in reserve. Have been an LDS Scoutmaster about 20 years, taught a lot of kids, about two dozen Eagle Scouts so far. Am part Seneca Indian, do some of the traditional things, earned a name, and have a Sioux feather. Worked in PR for U.S. Govt environmental agencies and VA; not a vet but appreciate and love 'em; retired to build experimental airplanes and write. Got a bunch of honors and awards, but best one is still having the original wife after all these years. Have a website on building a teardrop trailer called "crocodiletear.com". Working on a new website called "DisasterGuy.com", based on prepper ideas that I have tested myself. Buddy says I have been everywhere and done everything. Not true, but I'm still trying. Willing to help any any all on the forum--just PM me.

Rock
09-21-2011, 01:43 AM
Hi All,

My name is Rock. I am a married former soldier, sailor, and police officer living in upstate South Carolina. I joined SHTF Ready & SHTF Now today by invitation.

I am the founder and admin for Preparation M: The Preparedness SIG (http://preparationm.com) (A Mensa Special Interest Group). Our forum (http://preparationmforum.com) is open to anyone who can contribute or participate intelligently. Its only been around for a few months, but we have some excellent folks who publish regularly. There are a TON of great links on our web site (http://preparationm.com).

I am also fairly active on the forums at SurvivalCache.com (http://survivalcache.com) and SHTFM.com (http://shtfm.com). I think Survival Cache has some of the best articles on prepping out there.

I think America, if not the world, is in deep doo doo and those who are not self reliant will not last.

I hope to be able to learn, contribute, and make some friends while I am here.

Thanks,

Rock

A sticky might make it easier for us new guys to find the Intros thread. :D

bacpacker
09-21-2011, 02:06 AM
Welcome to the new folks. Glad your here and can't wait to see what you have to share.

AlphaTea
09-21-2011, 03:24 AM
Welcome to all.
I hope you like it here as much as I do

realist
09-21-2011, 05:23 AM
Greetings from the Left Coast. I come by invitation from RedJohn who I do not know. I assume that it is from one of a couple of forums that I have been active in. I've been interested in prepping ever since, like Jerry D Young, when I was exposed to the Cuban Missile Crisis. I am one of those TOGs (the old guys) that have been doing this a while however I have only be on the forums for about a year or two.

ladyhk13
09-21-2011, 06:03 AM

Jerry D Young

Hi Jerry! All of my DH's family lives out there and we usually make a trip out every August. Maybe we could meet next time out!

ladyhk13
09-21-2011, 06:08 AM
Welcome to the new folks. Glad your here and can't wait to see what you have to share.

Hey buddy! Glad to see a familiar "face" here. Heading up north of us this week to check out 150 acres, wish us luck!

bacpacker
09-21-2011, 11:22 AM
Hey buddy! Glad to see a familiar "face" here. Heading up north of us this week to check out 150 acres, wish us luck!

Hey sister! Glad to see you over here. Some good stuff and good folks here. Good luck with the property search. Keep us posted. I'll pm later.

The Stig
09-21-2011, 04:32 PM
Just wanted to thank everybody who's checked us out in the last 24 hours for doing so.

If you decided to join up after that....then we're really appreciative!

We've been trying to build a very specific community and I think our new members will see that reflected in the core group that's already developed. We look forward to seeing ya'll jump into the conversations and contribute. shtfready.com lives and dies on content, most of which comes from the members.

I hope we can make you feel at home. While we understand this won't be everybody's cup of tea we're working to make it a place that you'll want to check beck into regularly. Please let the staff know if we can do anything for you.

Again, thanks for taking the time to check us out.

izzyscout21
09-21-2011, 05:38 PM
Welcome to all the new folks!

Stormfeather
09-21-2011, 07:03 PM
Hello Folks, come here thru an email . Lots of information around and just absorbing as much of it as I can!
A little bit about myself. .

Former Marine 86-96
Former LEO
Current Army (9/12'er)
Gun Nut
Firearms Instructor
Part time 07 FFL monkey wrench
Married w/kids
Somewhat new to Prepping (3 years in the process now)
Came from California (dont hate me, I hated the state too!)
Always willing to learn, always willing to share.
Could use advice/experiences in small farm gardening.

NCWildman
09-21-2011, 10:35 PM
New guy here (been lurking for a while though) and just wanted to say howdy. I have been in the meat industry all my life. Hope that I can share some info with everyone that can be helpful here! Spent a lot of time in the outdoors as well. After a little baptism by fire last month with 6 days without power (no big deal cause I was ready) after the hurricane I decided to join up. Look forward to reading more great threads!

RedJohn
09-21-2011, 10:37 PM
Glad to hear that you were ready for the unexpected. Your meat industry experience will be a real asset here.

NCWildman
09-21-2011, 11:31 PM
Thanks Redjohn! It was just a camping trip for me. Broke out my gear and made the best of it. Best items I had through it was my dynamo radio (everybody should have one) and some propane bottle lanterns. I have hoses to hook those lanters to a 30 lb propane bottle I keep just for that. Look forward to sharing some info on anything from raising animals all the way to processing shelf stable meat products.

Southern Yankee
09-22-2011, 12:02 AM
Hello all! Looking for a new place to hang out and just came across this site. I haven't lurked here so I'll be fairly quite while I look around. Hopefully this is what I'm looking for when it comes to preparedness forums. The member list looks promising.

rice paddy daddy
09-22-2011, 04:23 PM
I became aware of this site thru an e-mail.
US Army 1967-1970, Vietnam vet.
Wife and I live in a rural part of north Florida with our chickens, horses, and dogs. She's retired, I'm almost there.
I'm a member of quite a few sites, mainly history, veteran, firearms, and survival places. I'm RPD on most of them, but beware of imposters. There's only one real me (some may say Thank God!).:D

RedJohn
09-22-2011, 09:40 PM
Are you a member on FSN?

Flboy
09-22-2011, 11:52 PM
Hello everyone!!! I'm glad I got the link, I stopped going to the other site because it just wasn't any fun without y'all ! Didn't post much there but was around alot in the shadows.
I live on the middle east coast of FL with my wife and young son. I am 32 and have been here my entire life. My family has been here since the 1870s when it was only skeeters and gators.
I own and operate a small lawn maintenance and pest control company. I like to hunt, fish, and camp. I don't get to do it enough though.

Btw gunbuilder am I still in on the convoy out of FL when shtf?

The Stig
09-22-2011, 11:55 PM
Glad you found us mate. Seems like there's a group of you over Florida way.

Flboy
09-23-2011, 12:09 AM
And I guess I have to get a new lower ;)

Libertyguy
09-23-2011, 10:21 PM
I just recieved my invite to this site via email today. Glad to be here and hope I can contribute to the group.

The Stig
09-23-2011, 11:18 PM
Welcome aboard and dive right in!

rice paddy daddy
09-24-2011, 01:17 AM
Are you a member on FSN?
Florida Shooters Network? Yes, although I don't post a lot. I'm RPD there as well.

skunk ape
09-24-2011, 03:15 AM
Received my email invitation and signed up!

RPD, I am an infrequent poster but daily reader of FSN.

Gunfixr
09-25-2011, 04:26 AM
I got an email from RedJohn a few days back, and finally got around to checking this place out a bit.
I see a bunch of folks I know here, some I haven't talked to in awhile.
Used to be on another site, but don't go there much anymore.
Don't know how often I'll get here, busy on a couple sites already. I use the same username pretty much everywhere.
I gunsmith for a living, and work at a dual business. One is a regular FFL, where I do everyday gun work, and the other is an 07/SOT manufacturer, where I do more interesting things.
Was a machinist for over 20yrs, did some other things in between. Started studying and practicing gunsmithing when I was 16 or so, been working on other folks guns for close to 20yrs, off and on in the beginning, increasing over time.
Been prepping since the mid 80s, some times more than others.
I do believe we are headed for bad times, and the prepared will do much better than the non-prepared.

RedJohn
09-25-2011, 03:13 PM
Welcome to our FSN members.

izzyscout21
09-26-2011, 11:13 PM
Hey guys, if you're new, take second to introduce yourself and let us get to know you a little better. Welcome to the site.

Stormfeather
09-26-2011, 11:49 PM
Ive done this once before, but its a great idea, so I will do it once again! (Izzy, why didnt you give a intro? Us new guys would love to know who it is we are talking to as well! :D)

Hello all, My name is Bill "Stormfeather". Im a Aquarius, I enjoy long walks on a moonlit beach, puppies, a good novel. . .seriously though, Im a military guy based at Fort McCoy Wisconsin after my last overseas deployment to the sandbox. Im a former Marine who is now Army. Ive been prepping for about 4-5 years, but have only started going full tilt for the last year and a half. Im married, got a enough kids to make at least one fireteam. Met Mrs Stormfeather at a gun store, so shes on board for the most part when it comes to prepping. Im a firearms aficionado, Armorer by hobby and firearms instructor by trade. I came here to find folks in my area who are like-minded and who are open to the idea of possibly forming a MAG. Ive got a paramedic/medic on the roster, her hubby who is a Infantryman, a pilot who is rated on fixed wing, and a straight up infantry buddy who insists his job is to be bullet bait. (gotta love those infantry guys!) Im looking for folks who are mechanically inclined, have knowledge about HAM radios, have a green thumb and take prepping somewhat serious to possibly share ideas with. If you are in my area, please feel free to drop me a PM and lets talk!

dragon5126
09-27-2011, 06:00 AM
Are you a native cheezer or an imported cheezehead?

izzyscout21
09-27-2011, 12:44 PM
SOmehow my search skills are lacking and I completely missed this thread. Even with the big yellow sticky and the thread being at the top. Holy cow, my situational awareness is not turned on today. My bad, guys.

gunbuilder69
09-27-2011, 04:29 PM
I got an email from RedJohn a few days back, and finally got around to checking this place out a bit.
I see a bunch of folks I know here, some I haven't talked to in awhile.
Used to be on another site, but don't go there much anymore.
Don't know how often I'll get here, busy on a couple sites already. I use the same username pretty much everywhere.
I gunsmith for a living, and work at a dual business. One is a regular FFL, where I do everyday gun work, and the other is an 07/SOT manufacturer, where I do more interesting things.
Was a machinist for over 20yrs, did some other things in between. Started studying and practicing gunsmithing when I was 16 or so, been working on other folks guns for close to 20yrs, off and on in the beginning, increasing over time.
Been prepping since the mid 80s, some times more than others.
I do believe we are headed for bad times, and the prepared will do much better than the non-prepared.
I can't begin to tell you how good it is to see you here old brother!

Gunfixr
09-27-2011, 08:42 PM
Probably just about as good as it was to see you here brother !!!

Meatman
09-27-2011, 10:42 PM
Hey everyone I Live in the Southeast always lived life to the fullest, and always prepared for the worst.
Have a great family.

I work to live, not live to work

The Stig
09-28-2011, 12:42 AM
Welcome aboard Meatman. Glad to have you.

spleify
09-28-2011, 01:31 AM
New guy from Colorado here. Just wanted to say hello and say I am glad to be a part of the forum and look forward to learning a bunch and sharing what I can.

bacpacker
09-28-2011, 01:34 AM
Hello to all the new folks. Glad to see you in here.

Stormfeather
09-28-2011, 03:25 AM
Are you a native cheezer or an imported cheezehead?

Im a recent import, military sent me to this state.

ravensgrove
09-28-2011, 04:34 AM
My name is Sabrina, we run a small 7 acre working farm in the PNW. I have goats, pigs, the occasional feeder calf, rabbits, sicilian donkey, chickens, ducks and herd dogs. I run a small 8 family CSA (community supported agriculture) that pays for our gardens. We sell various livestock and animal products to pay for our livestock. I raise about 80% of our food: meat and produce. I can/dehydrate/jerk. I'm the farmer here, my hubby is Army and when he is home is the builder and weapons guru. :) I dabble on a few of these forums, primarily in the fall/winter. Spring/summer I am too dang busy. Because we run a commercial farm and teach reskilling to make money...my OPSEC is totally out the window...so you can forget about reminding me OPSEC...I have a business license for my farm with my address on it for Pete's Sake...the government knows I am here. Instead I focus on community building pre-shtf. its safe to say we are most people we knows Bug Out Location.

I am entirely uninterested in conspiracy theory, religious banter, feminazism...or the like. I belong to a few local transition community initiatives and I work on reskilling as a lifestyle so that...in the event of shtf...I am already doing what I need to do to up my chances of survival.

We've been married a coon's age, have two kids, he is nearing military retirement and all in all we just live a traditional lifestyle. I tell people I am Laura Ingalls minus the Holly Hobby clothes. In my spare time I have two classes left until I finish my MBA...

See ya on the boards,
Sabrina aka Ravensgrove

RedJohn
09-28-2011, 07:46 AM
Welcome to all the new members.

JustAPrepper
09-28-2011, 07:43 PM
Hi All,

I saw several people from Florida here so I thought I’d register. My husband and I live on the East Coast of Central Florida in what I call “Our Little House in the Hood”. The neighborhood isn’t the best but it’s what we’ve got and where we plan on staying for as long as we can. Two and half years ago I awoke from my slumber and told DH things were eventually going to go sideways and we needed to get ready. He was born and raised in Salt Lake and is a non-practicing LDS but I had no idea about their preparedness doctrine. When I brought the subject up he was all over it and we haven’t looked back since. Since then we’ve covered what we consider to be all the basics for our plan and now we are focusing on gardening and have built ourselves a nice little Patch. This Fall will mark our second year. The first year was a huge learning curve and I think we harvested more bugs than we did produce. I’ve also taken up Canning, mostly meats so we have ample proteins but a few things from the garden as well, and I Dehydrate on occasion. Since I enjoy cooking, I also experiment with our food storage quite often and use our Solar Oven when the outdoor thermometer reads anything less than Hotter Than Hell.

Having our basics covered is a huge comfort but we still have a long way to go and even more to learn. I’ve learned a few things along the way and am looking forward to sharing while learning from everyone else.

Justa

Stormfeather
09-28-2011, 07:58 PM
Hello and Howdy to all the new members!

ladyhk13
09-28-2011, 11:06 PM
Forgot to post here.... *i think*

Refugee from the *other* forum... Glad to be here!

Old stomping grounds for me! Worked at SMH in finance (luckily our offices were over by the movie theatre and not at the hospital so we didn't have to deal with all the mess there!).

The Stig
09-30-2011, 02:01 AM
Folks I'm overwhelmed with the number of people who have joined the party lately. More importantly I'm really impressed with the quality of discussions we've been having. It's so refreshing to log in and see old and new member alike discussing prepping/survivalism.

RedJohn and I really appreciate the all the members who chose to spend some time here.

Sparrow
10-12-2011, 08:31 PM
Hi everyone, I am glad to be here! Raven's Grove recommended this site to me and she is very important to me, her knowledge and what a good person she is!

I have a very strong female voice that is ethical and moral, which some people might find reasons to dispute. But that is why we have the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms and the US Bill of Rights! Right?!

I will always give respect where it is due, and a good tongue lashing to those who aren't deserving of respect.

I wish everyone luck and well wishes!

RedJohn
10-12-2011, 09:46 PM
Welcome Sparrow. You've got a PM.

ladyhk13
10-12-2011, 09:51 PM
Hello Sparrow...welcome! We have a great group of people here and I'm sure you will fit right in!

izzyscout21
10-12-2011, 09:57 PM
Welcome in, Sparrow!

Sparrow
10-12-2011, 10:14 PM
Hello Sparrow...welcome! We have a great group of people here and I'm sure you will fit right in!

I can see that already ... I was wondering where all the good people went?!?!? So glad to be here :)

RedJohn
10-12-2011, 10:16 PM
We like Canadian Ladies here. If you want to belong to our Ladies Club, check here (http://www.shtfready.com/profile.php?do=editusergroups) and LadyHK13 will approve you.

Sparrow
10-12-2011, 10:22 PM
We like Canadian Ladies here. If you want to belong to our Ladies Club, check here (http://www.shtfready.com/profile.php?do=editusergroups) and LadyHK13 will approve you.

*Jumps for joy* I look forward to chatting with the LADIES!!!!

ladyhk13
10-12-2011, 10:26 PM
Yahooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! Another gal!!!! Watch out boys....the girls are coming!!!

bacpacker
10-12-2011, 10:37 PM
Welcome Sparrow, glad you made it over here. Looking forward to seeing what all you have to add.

eagle326
10-12-2011, 11:29 PM
Eagle326 here. Was wondering where everyone went from the old site. Stumbled on this and decided I needed to join so I could keep learning from people like Gunbuilder ; Gunfixr and many more. Hope to help in some minor way as I can.

bacpacker
10-12-2011, 11:48 PM
Good to have you here Eagle. Jump right in.

izzyscout21
10-13-2011, 01:49 AM
SUp Eagle? welcome to the nest.

ladyhk13
10-13-2011, 02:55 AM
Glad to see you here Eagle! Welcome to the wild side! Watch out for these guys, they're animals!

Grumpy Old Man
10-13-2011, 05:21 PM
Sparrow and Eagle welcome! I'm sorry but with you two coming on board I have to make a bad pun. Birds of a feather flock together! Welcome to our flock!

JustAPrepper
10-13-2011, 05:40 PM
Welcome Sparrow and Eagle!

mollypup
10-13-2011, 05:51 PM
I'm new too!!! lol! I'm a refugee from another site where I got banned because I had the balls to stand up for myself. My very good friend, Ladyhk13 recommended this site to me and all I can say is WOW! This is a great site! I also know Sparrow (she's a great gal!) and probably a few more people from other places. Thank-you for letting me join and I look forward to learning and sharing what knowledge I have about prepping/survival. These are topics to which I have given a great deal of thought and energy since I'm the mom of two young girls and am greatly concerned about their well-being. I would love to join the women's group too! :D

Sparrow
10-13-2011, 05:51 PM
Sparrow and Eagle welcome! I'm sorry but with you two coming on board I have to make a bad pun. Birds of a feather flock together! Welcome to our flock!

LOL that is cute! However, I hope Eagle doesn't eat this little sweet Sparrow ;)

mitunnelrat
10-13-2011, 08:57 PM
Welcome in everyone.

eagle326
10-13-2011, 09:21 PM
LOL that is cute! However, I hope Eagle doesn't eat this little sweet Sparrow ;)

Sparrow:
You should know better than to let yourself open with a statement like that. :p
Hope you know this is in good humor. :cool:

eagle326
10-13-2011, 09:24 PM
Glad to see you here Eagle! Welcome to the wild side! Watch out for these guys, they're animals!

There comes a time when we all are animals. Just show me where to stow my gear and I'll set up camp. I missed the direct answers and talk of the old site. Great MODS.

JustAPrepper
10-14-2011, 01:22 AM
Welcome to Mollypup! Glad to have you here!

ladyhk13
10-14-2011, 04:06 AM
Welcome to Mollypup! Glad to have you here!

Yeah Mollypup!!! So glad you finally made it gal!!!!!! Can't wait to see you in the Ladies Room...LOL! All of our Ladies are totally wonderful here, you will fit right in!

izzyscout21
10-14-2011, 03:33 PM
Welcome to all the new folks.

Hi, my name is Izzy and I'm a prepper............

(Hi, Izzy)

Dropy
10-14-2011, 03:47 PM
Yeah Mollypup!!! So glad you finally made it gal!!!!!! Can't wait to see you in the Ladies Room...LOL! All of our Ladies are totally wonderful here, you will fit right in!

Kinda makes me wonder exatcly does go on in the ladies room when all you women have to go at once...

Just saying.

The Stig
10-15-2011, 11:15 AM
Welcome aboard to all of our new members.

Thanks for taking the time to check in with us.

Sparrow
10-15-2011, 01:58 PM
Sparrow:
You should know better than to let yourself open with a statement like that. :p
Hope you know this is in good humor. :cool:

I am entirely naive in what you mean :o

Eagles are birds of prey and very often us sweet, little Sparrows make a num-nummy snack for them.

Now, now, ... do not you enjoy eating Sparrows over lets say rodents -as a preference?! :)

Sniper-T
10-15-2011, 02:12 PM
do not you enjoy eating Sparrows over lets say rodents -as a preference?! :)

I think that would depend on the location and circumstances... not to mention the particular rodent or sparrow in question...

rodents like: squirrels, gerbils, porcupines, beavers, and guinea pigs. would definately be high on the list...
ones like: mice, rats and voles. Not so much...

A nice host or flight of rural house sparrows would make a nice meal, while some urban garbage eating ones... not so much!

None, however taste as good as eagle! :eek: j/k

LOL

eagle326
10-15-2011, 03:02 PM
I am entirely naive in what you mean :o

Eagles are birds of prey and very often us sweet, little Sparrows make a num-nummy snack for them.

Now, now, ... do not you enjoy eating Sparrows over lets say rodents -as a preference?! :)

Very well put Sparrow. I bow to your logic. And would instead bring you into the nest.

Sparrow
10-15-2011, 07:21 PM
I have an inkling that if you give sniper-T a lilly pad, a cat tail, a rodent of choice - some BBQ sauce ... he'd whip up some tasty survival food ;)

Sniper-T
10-15-2011, 09:08 PM
yummmmmm ...

cat tail stuffed beavertail, with some hickory sauce over an open fire. Served on Nature's dinnerplate: The Lilypad.

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c340/davemarkowitz/drooling-homer-simpson.jpg

Sparrow
10-15-2011, 10:01 PM
That sounds a lot better then my survival food of slugs!

I'm in!

http://i2.squidoocdn.com/resize/squidoo_images/-1/draft_lens8090271module110689931photo_1279359420ve ry-hungry-fat-girl.jpg

RedJohn
10-15-2011, 10:03 PM
What is she eating?

JustAPrepper
10-15-2011, 10:10 PM
What is she eating?

I'm not sure I want to know...:eek:

Sparrow
10-15-2011, 10:15 PM
Beaver tail stuffed with cattail covered in BBQ sauce. Yum yummy. Gotta keep me nice and plump! :)

ladyhk13
10-16-2011, 02:52 AM
Kinda makes me wonder exatcly does go on in the ladies room when all you women have to go at once...

Just saying.

We share lipstick and perfume of course! What do you think we do?

izzyscout21
10-16-2011, 11:07 AM
I love you guys..........it's delightfully disurbing

Dropy
10-16-2011, 03:03 PM
Disturbed... Yep, thats us!

Sparrow
10-16-2011, 03:50 PM
I'm just big-boned and hungry - that is all :)

Sniper-T
10-16-2011, 04:15 PM
hmmm, big boned sparrows... interesting concept!

food for everyone then...

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t57/clare616/Random/Funny/1194662893442.jpg

:)

Sparrow
10-16-2011, 04:35 PM
I gotta be careful around here, or I might end up like my late Best-Friend-Forever, Big Bird.

His Obit, serves has a warning to us in the birdie community:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_6Un-_YHrxJo/SrwgPXJPJNI/AAAAAAAABD0/dgvn9byxzUo/s320/toon906+Big+Bird+Survivor.jpg

mongoose
10-21-2011, 03:16 AM
just an old southern countryboy. Browsing and saw some friends from other places.
Bushcrafter in training (can never learn enough), 70s vet, 3%er,
hope ta be able ta share a few things, and learn alot more.
survived raising kids so I retired.

izzyscout21
10-21-2011, 04:50 AM
Welcome in Mongoose!

ladyhk13
10-21-2011, 04:54 AM
Glad to have you here mongoose!

Grumpy Old Man
10-21-2011, 10:51 PM
Haven't said welcome recently so..... Welcome Mongoose! Oh yeah we only cook the birds we don't know.

Sparrow
10-21-2011, 11:26 PM
Mongroose, check what happened to poor big bird! Stay safe! :)

bacpacker
10-22-2011, 01:09 AM
Welcome Mongoose! Glad to have you here.

RedJohn
10-22-2011, 10:14 AM
I've not been coming in this thread in a while, so I'd like to welcome everybody that signed up since my last visit. We're glad to have you here.

Sparrow
10-22-2011, 01:31 PM
I just wanted to say, that I am enjoying being here on this forum - a lot!

As a woman, and a Canadian, I feel the nice people on here are very supportive, respectful - and have an AWESOME sense of humour!!!

THIS is a great place to be <3

Stormfeather
10-28-2011, 04:47 AM
Welcome in Mongoose!

gunbuilder69
11-01-2011, 03:42 PM
Eagle326 here. Was wondering where everyone went from the old site. Stumbled on this and decided I needed to join so I could keep learning from people like Gunbuilder ; Gunfixr and many more. Hope to help in some minor way as I can.
Welcome to the origin my friend!

eagle326
11-02-2011, 11:00 PM
Welcome to the origin my friend!

Thanks Gunbuilder69 ; Lots of familiar names here. Just seems right comfy. :cool:

The Stig
11-03-2011, 12:22 AM
Thanks Gunbuilder69 ; Lots of familiar names here. Just seems right comfy. :cool:

Welcome aboard. Hope you like it.

mitunnelrat
11-06-2011, 09:45 PM
Welcome in everyone. Sorry I haven't been in here enough to say hi individually.

Evolver
11-12-2011, 12:06 PM
Hi all!!! AKA... DH or Mr Prepper. LOL (JustaPreppers DH) I've been a lurker here for awhile now so I thought I'd join in. It look like you guys and gals have a great site here that everyone gets along nicely. (not like some others) ;) I'll be learning and shearing a thing or two so I'll be seeing you all on the boards.

The Stig
11-12-2011, 12:09 PM
Hi all!!! AKA... DH or Mr Prepper. LOL (JustaPreppers DH) I've been a lurker here for awhile now so I thought I'd join in. It look like you guys and gals have a great site here that everyone gets along nicely. (not like some others) ;) I'll be learning and shearing a thing or two so I'll be seeing you all on the boards.

Welcome aboard Evolver! Glad you decided to join in and that we had something to offer.

Dive in and let us know if there's anything the staff can do for you.

izzyscout21
11-12-2011, 12:10 PM
Welcome in, Evolver!

msomnipotent
11-12-2011, 01:12 PM
Hi everyone. Some of you probably recognize the name from somewhere else, but I thought it was time to expand my horizons and get some fresh ideas. Looking forward to it!

Sparrow
11-12-2011, 01:45 PM
Welcome!

ak474u
11-12-2011, 10:54 PM
i found me out in the tall grass...

Welcome! Long time no see

bacpacker
11-13-2011, 12:01 AM
Welcome in Eagle, Evolver, MSomnipotent, and OGUN. Glad to have you all on board. I'm looking forward to what you have to share. Glad to see some other longtime friends coming over. There is a bunch of good folks here and lots of good info gets passed around.

Paul-K
11-26-2011, 03:01 AM
Oops,this should have been my first reply. I've lurked here for a while, I don't post alot but I like to read and learn.

What brings me to these types of forums is that even though we all count on each other in everyday life, that can change.

izzyscout21
11-26-2011, 03:12 AM
welcome in Paul-K. Glad you've emerged from the shadows.

bacpacker
11-26-2011, 04:36 PM
Welcome to the board Paul. Looking forward to what you have to share.

Sparrow
11-26-2011, 08:32 PM
Welcome everyone!

Evolver
11-27-2011, 12:49 PM
Oops,this should have been my first reply. I've lurked here for a while, I don't post alot but I like to read and learn.

What brings me to these types of forums is that even though we all count on each other in everyday life, that can change.

Welcome PK from Central east coast, Fl

RedJohn
11-30-2011, 12:00 PM
Let me make another global "Welcome everybody". This site would not amount to much without you.

JustAPrepper
11-30-2011, 01:44 PM
Welcome aboard PK! It's always nice when the lurkers come out and start posting. :)

madpiper
12-02-2011, 10:31 AM
So -I Lunchbox finally convinced me to register on here since I'm moving 350+ miles from him! Been "lightly" stocking up for awhile now so I needed a new home to fit it all in. Seriously though, I live (until January) near Cincinnati but don't trust survivability in the area so I'm taking the family to the sticks in Michigan. The logistics of bugging out with a pregnant wife, 6 year old daughter, and 11I month old son were more than I wanted to think about so I decided to un-ass the area while I still could with a u-haul!

izzyscout21
12-02-2011, 12:06 PM
welcome to the forum Madpiper! While Lunchbox has had the ability to talk me into quite a few things, moving isn't one of them.

Be safe.

madpiper
12-06-2011, 01:54 PM
I'd like to introduce myself a little. Lunchbox got me on here and has filled me in a little about you. I currently live about 4 miles from Lunchbox but I am moving to Michigan in a few weeks. This area (north of Cincinnati) is - in my opinion - getting unstable, it wouldn't take much for it to go over the cliff. I have a pregnant wife and two small kids and as much as I like to think I have the skills to bug out with them I don't even want to think about trying it. Enter option 2 - moving to 10 acres of Jack Pine forest in Montmorency County. Lunchbox said you're the only one he knows of in Michigan so I figured I'd drop a line.

Evolver
12-06-2011, 04:45 PM
So -I Lunchbox finally convinced me to register on here since I'm moving 350+ miles from him! Been "lightly" stocking up for awhile now so I needed a new home to fit it all in. Seriously though, I live (until January) near Cincinnati but don't trust survivability in the area so I'm taking the family to the sticks in Michigan. The logistics of bugging out with a pregnant wife, 6 year old daughter, and 11I month old son were more than I wanted to think about so I decided to un-ass the area while I still could with a u-haul!

Welcome from central east coast Florida. When you get a chance after you get moved will you blow some of that cold air down our way?

The Stig
12-07-2011, 09:38 PM
I'd like to introduce myself a little. Lunchbox got me on here and has filled me in a little about you. I currently live about 4 miles from Lunchbox but I am moving to Michigan in a few weeks. This area (north of Cincinnati) is - in my opinion - getting unstable, it wouldn't take much for it to go over the cliff. I have a pregnant wife and two small kids and as much as I like to think I have the skills to bug out with them I don't even want to think about trying it. Enter option 2 - moving to 10 acres of Jack Pine forest in Montmorency County. Lunchbox said you're the only one he knows of in Michigan so I figured I'd drop a line.

Welcome aboard. Glad you joined us and despite your association with Lunchbox we're glad to have you. :)

Hope you enjoy your time here.

Grumpy Old Man
12-07-2011, 10:43 PM

Welcome madpiper! I figured you are moving to Michigan to save money, since Lunchbox won't be so close with so many goodies. Other than it being pretty chilly up there in the winter, it sounds like you're going to a great location. Let us know how the move goes. You and Izzy both got your work cut out for you with 2 little ones. Keeping track of them when they are young is like herding ants!

Stormfeather
12-28-2011, 01:14 AM
And announcing. . . . the newest member of SHTFReady. . . .

. . . . . . .:drumroll:. . . . . .

( I finally got her to break down and sign up!)

Dragonfly
12-28-2011, 01:19 AM
Hello All, I'm Dragonfly. DW to Stormfeather - He has been telling me so much about this site so I finally got a chance to sign up. I am new and, at the same time, not new to the idea of prepping or being a prepper, as I come from a large family living in rural CA. I look forward to learning what I can from everyone and sharing my knowledge.

bacpacker
12-28-2011, 01:27 AM
Welcome to the forum. Glad to you made it in.

Evolver
12-28-2011, 07:28 PM
Hello All, I'm Dragonfly. DW to Stormfeather - He has been telling me so much about this site so I finally got a chance to sign up. I am new and, at the same time, not new to the idea of prepping or being a prepper, as I come from a large family living in rural CA. I look forward to learning what I can from everyone and sharing my knowledge.

Welcome to the site Dragonfly it's good to see other spouses join up. There aren't too many wife/husband teams on any board so like I said it's good to see you. JustaPrepper is my DW.

Stormfeather
12-28-2011, 10:02 PM
It wasnt quite the kicking, screaming, teeth pulling fiasco that getting her to move out of california was. . . but it was very close! :)

damn. . . just realized shes a member here now, so I probably shouldnt be talking bad about her where she can read it! LOL! Ah well. . . looks like another cold sandwich night for me!