PDA

View Full Version : How To Make Chloroform For Surgery

shtfsurvivalist
12-09-2011, 01:37 PM
Here is a video I made showing how to make chloroform. Do not store chloroform for long periods. Chloroform can convert to Phosgene - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phosgene) if not stored correctly.

http://youtu.be/bitz_NYwSPo

Sniper-T
12-09-2011, 02:04 PM
Interesting!

Would Ether not work as well?

Reminds me of an old Joke, but a little tasteless...

shtfsurvivalist
12-09-2011, 02:32 PM
Interesting!

Would Ether not work as well?

Reminds me of an old Joke, but a little tasteless...

yes, but the preparation of ether involves sulphuric acid and strict temperature control. You are right though ethylene can be used as an anesthetic agent.

Sniper-T
12-09-2011, 02:58 PM
wasn't thinking about making it... just stockpiling it. got about a dozen cans in the garage

Definately be interested in seeing how to make it though

shtfsurvivalist
12-09-2011, 03:58 PM
wasn't thinking about making it... just stockpiling it. got about a dozen cans in the garage

Definately be interested in seeing how to make it though

heat ethanol and concentrated sulphuric acid with the acid in excess to 338 degrees fahrenheit and ethylene (ether) is created. Maybe someday I will make a video on it. But that is how you make it if you wanted to know.

ravensgrove
12-10-2011, 03:49 AM
I am slightly concerned you make Chloroform in your garage....so you also have a black van and a small puppy you lure people with ? JOKE.
Ether Bunny. I can not see the word Ether without thinking of the Ether Bunny joke.

In all honesty this is interesting to me because I have often wanted a way to anesthetize stock during surgical procedures...castrating pigs etc.

Sparrow
12-10-2011, 01:48 PM
Yeah, this information also disturbs me a bit, I am curious if this thread should be put to members only? Because combine this with zip ties for cuffs... and you have the poor-man's kidnapping equipment. Which freaks me out!

But, this information does have many practical, useful, and non-f*cking psycho applications. Thanks for sharing.

AlphaTea
12-10-2011, 10:23 PM
PLEASE DO NOT DO THIS. THIS IS NOT THE PREFERRED WAY TO MAKE CHLOROFORM.
While it does make some chloroform, it also makes chlorine gas, Hydrochloric acid, and chloroacetone (tear gas)
Preferred method is a little more complicated (not much) and uses acetone and NaOCl

Grumpy Old Man
12-12-2011, 09:47 PM
^^^ What he said! I grew up in a medical family and at an early age started learning a lot of techniques. I ,quite literally, grew up in a Radiology dept and an Ob/Gyn office. I know which techniques I am skilled enough to use and those that I need stay away from.

There is a reason that chloroform and ether are not used anymore- it is that they are dangerous when improperly administered and are very volatile!

As an Anesthesiologist once told me when I was younger " I don't get paid for putting people to sleep, I get paid because I can wake them up". Sage words!

Gunfixr
12-12-2011, 09:52 PM
Tear Gas ??????

Hhhhmmmmmmm....................................... ............

Twitchy
12-13-2011, 01:27 AM
Tear Gas ??????

Hhhhmmmmmmm....................................... ............

Don't get any ideas... LOL!!

izzyscout21
12-14-2011, 02:37 PM
I'm slightly disturbed you're making chloroform in the kitchen.:confused:

Sniper-T
12-14-2011, 02:40 PM
make in the kitchen... use in the bedroom?

:eek:

izzyscout21
12-14-2011, 02:54 PM
ummmmmmmm.........................

Sparrow
12-14-2011, 02:57 PM
make in the kitchen... use in the bedroom?

:eek:

Yeah, that shit is f*cked up. Rape is so not where this thread should be going.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!

Very angry with Sniper-T! You are gonna have to apologize before we can be friends again! :mad:

Sniper-T
12-14-2011, 03:00 PM
??? Ever see the movie "The Cider House Rules"?? The guy in there used to to get to sleep as he was too troubled to sleep on his own.

get your head out of the gutter girl!

lol

If you go back to my first post on this thread, you'll see that I kept mine out!

Sparrow
12-14-2011, 03:13 PM
Ok, we are BFFs again SNiper-T !!!

But yeah, I will voice my opinion here. I don't like that video, I don't like the guy who made the video (sorry you creep me out), ...

AND it is like previously mentioned the the thread ... there in so guarantee that this shit, made in this method, won't kill you.

I do not think this information in this thread has been verified, and this thread should come with a warning.

mitunnelrat
12-14-2011, 10:26 PM
The entire medical forum is under a disclaimer, read the sticky.

Further, unless RJ or The Stig decides otherwise, I don't see any need to act on/ against this thread. Until now, there has been good, mature discussion relating to the topic, and reasoned disagreement was voiced without personal proclamations against the OP. Just as it should be. We make every effort to respect one another's opinions here, but that courtesy cannot extend to allowing direct comments from one member against another, and we're edging into that territory.

Next, there are many areas of prepping that could be deemed controversial and hold potential for abuse/ danger. Assuming a member may legally do so, it is their individual responsibility to assess that risk (here, and elsewhere) and determine if the benefits outweigh the drawbacks in their respective situations. Verification of information is the personal responsibility of us all.

Finally, there are tools in place to alert the staff here to a problem. Simply find the "report post" icon, click it, input your concerns, and send it. I guarantee you one of us will respond and follow up on it, all without disrupting the normal flow of conversations and operations here.

Sparrow
12-15-2011, 02:52 AM
I don't like that video, I don't like the guy who made the video (sorry you creep me out), ...

Please excuse my above opinion. And I am sorry about the fact that this tread and the video creep me out. I guess being creeped out has a lot to do with being a woman, tough lot that is sometimes: being a woman. :)

sidewinder
12-15-2011, 09:38 AM
Some famous dead persons doctor just got 4 years for misuse of sleeping aids...

How would you know how much to use on a person and not kill them accidentally.

Play with this and play with fire. Could turn out very deadly...

The Stig
12-15-2011, 11:48 AM
The entire medical forum is under a disclaimer, read the sticky.

Further, unless RJ or The Stig decides otherwise, I don't see any need to act on/ against this thread. Until now, there has been good, mature discussion relating to the topic, and reasoned disagreement was voiced without personal proclamations against the OP. Just as it should be. We make every effort to respect one another's opinions here, but that courtesy cannot extend to allowing direct comments from one member against another, and we're edging into that territory.

Next, there are many areas of prepping that could be deemed controversial and hold potential for abuse/ danger. Assuming a member may legally do so, it is their individual responsibility to assess that risk (here, and elsewhere) and determine if the benefits outweigh the drawbacks in their respective situations. Verification of information is the personal responsibility of us all.

Finally, there are tools in place to alert the staff here to a problem. Simply find the "report post" icon, click it, input your concerns, and send it. I guarantee you one of us will respond and follow up on it, all without disrupting the normal flow of conversations and operations here.

And this, my friends, is why we appreciate tunnelrat being on staff.

He is dead on. The second I saw this thread I thought "oh no" because of its implications but because our membership has been so mature and handled some other "edgy" threads well I thought "let's see where this goes". Raven had an excellent comment about use on animals, several members issued warnings, etc.

He is right in all regards in his post and there is little I can add. If one does find a specific topic or reply to same to be too edgy I'd invite all the members to consider the report post feature. Further, there's always the option to PM another poster and ask for clarification. It wouldn't be the first time in internet history where a poster said "that's not what I mean, what I meant was.........." and the issue gets resolved without derailing the entire thread.

So.....with the appropriate warnings in place to not go gas yourself into oblivion or blow up your garage, now back to our regularly scheduled forum.

Twitchy
12-15-2011, 12:49 PM
in my opinion this has been the most levelheaded, mature prepping forum on the internet...

realist
12-15-2011, 02:25 PM
Okay I'm going to throw my two cents into this one. I think it is not worth endangering you or your family. This is one of the problems with YouTube in that people post things that others may try and end up killing themselves or others. For those that do not know what Phosgene is, it is a very nasty chemical that if you get exposed to it you will experience dry land drowning. You lungs will fill up with fluids and you will drown in them, not a pleasant way to die.

Grumpy, I’m with you my mom was an Anesthesiologist and we kept all sorts of things at our home. However we never had Chloroform or either, everything was done under a local anesthetic, suturing up cuts. If you have to put someone out to do surgery on them they will probably die no matter what. Are you really going to sit there reading a book while you are trying to repair something such as a gunshot wound? I say you are not being realistic, if it is that important to you go back to school. If you have it for other than surgery to use on people then you will probably end up killing someone and you will go to jail which is where you should be. Now as for animals I grew up on a ranch and we have never had a reason to use anesthesia that was for the vet.

Either is another one of those interesting chemicals that people think about. If you want to store either you need to understand that it will degrade over time and develop peroxide crystals that when moved can explode. It is for that reason that it was made illegal for the schools in our state to even have it in their inventory. There are a lot of chemicals out there that people think are cool to have however after a while they start getting worried as to what to do with them. Then they end up along the side of the road and that I have and to deal with in my career. If you really want to fool with chemicals I suggest you should attend a haz mat school and get educated. I think that will change your prospective.

Sniper-T
12-15-2011, 03:14 PM
Ether is as common around here as wd-40. It's used for anything from starting machinery in the cold, to pulling bearings, to setting the bead on tires, to euthenizing animals. I buy it by the case, and do have a pile in my garage. It has been used for decades.

I agree, that a situation would have to be pretty dire to even consider surgery on someone, but to consider it on someone who is conscious and screaming is even more unfathomable. Any farmer who has used ether has given himself the dizzy's from it at least a couple times (myself included). Personally, I think that if it came down to having to try home surgery, an ether (or chloroform) overdose would be the least of your worries, and probably the nicest way that the person can die.

Sparrow
12-15-2011, 03:20 PM
Personally, I think that if it came down to having to try home surgery, an ether (or chloroform) overdose would be the least of your worries, and probably the nicest way that the person can die.

I agree. But I also make the point that, knowledgeable people should use caution and common sense with these chemicals. Think to yourself: we need to pull that tooth ... maybe some aspirin and a spliff would do ... hell even a shot or two of whiskey, and put that either back in the cabinet for a more dire emergency.

sidewinder
12-15-2011, 06:52 PM
Does anyone remember the term..Bite The Bullet?

That refered to actually biting on a lead bullet during a nonanesthetic surgery for fixing wounds during the cowboy days.

Bite down hard to keep from screaming out in agony...

Suck it up and take it like a man...

Sniper-T
12-15-2011, 07:31 PM
^ I tried telling that to my wife when she mushed her finger between a couple of boulders. didn't go over so well!

lol

eagle326
12-15-2011, 08:05 PM
I agree. But I also make the point that, knowledgeable people should use caution and common sense with these chemicals. Think to yourself: we need to pull that tooth ... maybe some aspirin and a spliff would do ... hell even a shot or two of whiskey, and put that either back in the cabinet for a more dire emergency.

Give me a bottel of Jack Danyeills and I'lllll hallos whins I'mmm reddyie. :p

shtfsurvivalist
12-18-2011, 05:14 PM
Wow! I didn't mean to cause such a stir with this post.
Ok, we are BFFs again SNiper-T !!!

But yeah, I will voice my opinion here. I don't like that video, I don't like the guy who made the video (sorry you creep me out),

Sorry I creep you out and you don't like me. Anyways I have removed the video because I had received a lot of sick people sending me messages about kidnapping people and people who have absolutely no knowledge about chemistry making very wild assumptions. So even though I believe that people should have access to any type of information I have decided that it is in my best interest that they don’t get this information from me. I want to personally thank the moderators for being so cool about my post.
Ken