PDA

View Full Version : Merry Christmas All

Evolver
12-24-2011, 11:34 AM
Wishing everyone a Marry Christmas and a prosperous prepping New Year!!!

eagle326
12-24-2011, 12:18 PM
Back at you Evolver and to all the rest of my prepper family here.
May all of you have a joyous and safe Christmas and New Year. :D

Fatty
12-24-2011, 02:18 PM
Keep the Christ in Christmas all!

helomech
12-24-2011, 02:21 PM
Yeah, Merry Christmas to all

I am 80 miles offshore, so my Christmas will not be fun, but we will eat good.

RedJohn
12-24-2011, 05:12 PM
I am all alone for Christmas and I would not want it any other way. Merry Christmas to all.

bacpacker
12-24-2011, 05:19 PM
Merry Christmas to one and all.And a happy New Year as well.

This has been an interesting year for us and I am very glad to have met and been able to make friends of the family here. And to continue friendships with folks I had met previously to this site. I wish you all the best!

Stormfeather
12-25-2011, 05:41 PM
Merry Christmas to all if you, its been a pleasure talking to all of you, sharing ideas, and now the holidays. I look forward to a very prosperous New Year and developing these friendships even more!!!

izzyscout21
12-25-2011, 06:42 PM
Guys, thanks for the past year of laughs, imformation, and conversation. Merry Christmas to all of you!

Now where the hell is my C4? Gotta toy to open...............

Havoc
12-26-2011, 12:01 AM
Merry Christmas to all

Gunfixr
12-26-2011, 02:33 AM
Merry Christmas to all.
Our Christmas was ok, I did get my wife home from the hospital Thurs evening, so she was home for Christmas.
She wasn't up for it, so I cooked Christmas Dinner, the first for me,and the largest such kitchen undertaking for me ever so far. Went well, everybody devoured it all up, no complaints. My wife says she's got competition, but I know better. She's an incredible cook.
I'm pretty sure the New Year won't be profitable. My wife is now waiting on the blood test for Myasthenia Gravis, an auto-immune disease. The docs, 2 residents, an internal medicine teaching resident, and a neurologist are all certain, just waiting for the test proof. She had an attack last Monday, putting her in the hospital. She cannot go back to work anytime soon, and may not go back ever, as she works as a manager in a retail store. Myasthenia Gravis is where the body attacks the receptors in the muscles that receive the messages the brain sends through the nerves. Your muscles just do not get the messages, and so do not respond. You get tired very easily, and must rest. To push yourself is to make things worse, and can bring on an attack. An attack is when your muscles totally shut down, and you will collapse if standing. It can and will come on in mere seconds. It can also affect the muscles for breathing and your heart, making it possibly deadly. The total body weakness can last from minutes to days or weeks. The attack Monday left her unable to get out of bed or even sit up for two days. It is highly likely that she will have to do a career change. While there is no cure, there are treatments that will ease the constant tiredness and likelihood of attack, as well as the speed and intensity of the attack. However, these treatments can take months to become effective.
Anyway, our household income has just been cut in half overnight, with no clear prospect of recovery. Before long, we may be living off our preps.

RedJohn
12-26-2011, 08:24 AM
This is very sad to hear. I hope that she'll feel better soon.

mitunnelrat
12-26-2011, 01:39 PM
I'm with RJ on this, and I'm glad to hear she made it home for Christmas.

bacpacker
12-26-2011, 03:27 PM
Sorry to hear the news. We will be praying for you guys. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to be of assistance.

Stg1swret
12-26-2011, 03:42 PM
Sorry to hear about your wife. prayers headed your way.

Gunfixr
12-26-2011, 04:09 PM
I appreciate the thoughts, I will convey them to Amy.
We're just going day by day, as it is kind of a "SHTF" situation.

eagle326
12-26-2011, 08:39 PM
Thoughts and prayers for you and Amy Gunfixr. Use the the same thought pattern as you do when building those great weapons.
With that thought train i'm sure your work and build the best defense and therapy for the love of your life.

Just remember we are all here for you. Nothing is too big that we can't handle together. As we are family ; Your trials and tribulations are ours also. So if you need anything let us know. God Bless

Evolver
12-26-2011, 09:24 PM
Prayers sent.

realist
12-27-2011, 12:40 AM
Merry Christmas to all. It is a time for family to get together to relive the good times. Gunfixer I'm glad you and your wife were able to be with family over Christmas. It is a trying time and only family can help the hurt. My prayers go out for your wife. Here is to hoping that you will a better New Year.

Stormfeather
12-28-2011, 12:40 AM
Guys, thanks for the past year of laughs, imformation, and conversation. Merry Christmas to all of you!

Now where the hell is my C4? Gotta toy to open...............

I got some if ya cant find yours! :rolleyes:

Stormfeather
12-28-2011, 12:43 AM
Merry Christmas to all.
Our Christmas was ok, I did get my wife home from the hospital Thurs evening, so she was home for Christmas.
She wasn't up for it, so I cooked Christmas Dinner, the first for me,and the largest such kitchen undertaking for me ever so far. Went well, everybody devoured it all up, no complaints. My wife says she's got competition, but I know better. She's an incredible cook.
I'm pretty sure the New Year won't be profitable. My wife is now waiting on the blood test for Myasthenia Gravis, an auto-immune disease. The docs, 2 residents, an internal medicine teaching resident, and a neurologist are all certain, just waiting for the test proof. She had an attack last Monday, putting her in the hospital. She cannot go back to work anytime soon, and may not go back ever, as she works as a manager in a retail store. Myasthenia Gravis is where the body attacks the receptors in the muscles that receive the messages the brain sends through the nerves. Your muscles just do not get the messages, and so do not respond. You get tired very easily, and must rest. To push yourself is to make things worse, and can bring on an attack. An attack is when your muscles totally shut down, and you will collapse if standing. It can and will come on in mere seconds. It can also affect the muscles for breathing and your heart, making it possibly deadly. The total body weakness can last from minutes to days or weeks. The attack Monday left her unable to get out of bed or even sit up for two days. It is highly likely that she will have to do a career change. While there is no cure, there are treatments that will ease the constant tiredness and likelihood of attack, as well as the speed and intensity of the attack. However, these treatments can take months to become effective.
Anyway, our household income has just been cut in half overnight, with no clear prospect of recovery. Before long, we may be living off our preps.

My family will be thinking about yours tonight, thinking good thoughts and sending good karma to you.

Gunfixr
01-18-2012, 02:30 AM
Well, I have an update on my wife's condition. We saw the neurologist today. Virtually every test that can be done has been done, except for those going out on a limb checking for the weird and unknown.
All have come back normal. In fact, they think she is remarkably healthy, save for one very slightly bulged disc in the lower back.
They have ruled out all that they could think of. So, they don't actually have an explanation for what happened, but they know a whole lot of what didn't happen. The neurologist did say that he had had several patients who had an event such as this with no explanation, and with time they returned to normal. So to that end, he wants her to start to gradually push herself back to normal, and we will all watch and see. She goes back to work Monday, on light duty and limited hours, to work her way back up.
She's pretty stir crazy at this point, and wants to go.
So, time will tell.

ladyhk13
01-18-2012, 03:07 AM
Thank God! What a way to start the New Year!!!!!

RedJohn
01-18-2012, 03:17 PM
These are good news.

Sniper-T
01-18-2012, 03:20 PM
:)

Thanks for the update!

Evolver
01-18-2012, 10:53 PM
Good news!!! :)

bacpacker
01-18-2012, 10:54 PM
Good to hear a corner may have been turned. Prayers continue.

Gunfixr
01-23-2012, 12:49 AM
Well, everything went to hell again about 1am Friday morning. Two attacks, back to back (hadn't done that before), and with new symptoms. Paralysis of the facial and throat, and muscle cramping. These also included labored breathing, and the second one included a racing heartbeat. Ended up dialing 911.
Just got her home a couple hrs ago.
However, this time we may have some real answers. It has been noted that a severe migraine headache precedes and accompanies each attack. It was found that her magnesium level is low, which induces migraines. Also, her thyroid level was low, which will cause numerous problems. Apparently, high stress levels can cause a "conversion reaction" which is a psychosomatic problem. It is where the mind will cause health problems, and while they are real, there is no physical evidence.
So, to this end, they are treating the low magnesium, the low thyroid, and the migraines. Having started the thyroid medication yesterday, already today she was stating that she felt better than she had in at least six months. I can see that her energy level is better than in probably that much time. Also, she was able to move about and walk normally, something that hasn't happened since all this started.
Trying not to count chickens while still looking at some eggs, but we may be onto something here. Time will tell.

Stormfeather
01-23-2012, 12:52 AM
Out of lemons, comes lemonade, hopefully, this is a sign of good times to come. Best thoughts to you and your wife, hope she is feeling better.

bacpacker
01-23-2012, 02:17 AM
Sounds like some good news finally. Glad to hear they have spotted a couple of things to treat.

Prayers sent for you all.

msomnipotent
01-23-2012, 05:02 PM
Glad to hear she is feeling better.

Gunfixr
01-29-2012, 03:45 PM
Another update:
After a week on the new meds, all is still good. Small changes were made by her regular doc on Thursday, and blood tests are to be done in another week or so, as they want to get the thyroid straight, not over or under. She went back to work for a few hours yesterday for the first time since Dec 19th. It totally kincked her ass, but that was to be expected. She'll be on part time light duty for a couple weeks to get back into the swing.
So far all is well on the Eastern Front.

mitunnelrat
01-29-2012, 08:53 PM
I'm very glad to hear things are stabilizing and slowly returning to a sense of normalcy.

RedJohn
01-29-2012, 11:12 PM
Good news right there. I like happy endings.

bacpacker
01-29-2012, 11:14 PM
Glad to hear of the improvement. I'm sure just being able to go to work for a while (even though it kicked her butt) will be good mentally for her. Prayers continue.

GunnerMax
01-30-2012, 10:29 AM
Good news right there. I like happy endings.

oh gosh RJ, get your mind out of the gutter!