PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else Feel like an idiot assembling kids presents?

izzyscout21
12-25-2011, 02:17 AM
Well??

I do.

I'm messing with a kitchen that Gordon Ramsey couldn't turn into more of a hell if he tried.

helomech
12-25-2011, 02:20 AM
LOL, I remember those days.

Gunfixr
12-25-2011, 02:23 AM
Yeah, I remember those days also.

GunnerMax
12-25-2011, 03:36 AM
Lol. Everything I got did not need assembly. Except for the in.stall of the wifes new windshield wipers. Those are a bitch

ak474u
12-25-2011, 05:14 AM
I feel like an idiot most of the time, I just got finished spending 22 minutes trying to remove a plastic tonka truck from an apparently Kevlar, carbon fiber, reinforced cardboard box with mil spec zipties holding it in place. I thought I was gonna ruin a $100 knife to open a $17 toy for my kid, I was almost the point of shooting, or trying to fashion a shaped charge to open the stupid thing. The only thing worse is the plastic packages that are welded shut, you'd think a disabled person woulda cried foul on ADA by now with those packages, I mean, I'm basically a navy seal, (just kidding)
And I can barely open them without a torch.

RedJohn
12-25-2011, 05:58 AM
I am handy enough for that task. I don't do it anymore though, no more kids around.

izzyscout21
12-25-2011, 06:44 PM
Holy crap...... Finally got tthe kitchen together around midnight. Then I had to put together the pop-up princess playtent. You would think that a seasoned camper, soldier, and flipping Eagle Scout could put together a pop up play tent. Apparently not.

DAMN YOU WALT DISNEY!!!

realist
12-26-2011, 04:11 PM
My son is 21 and we are going to start assembling his AR this summer so I will let you know how it goes then. As for my daughter she is 15 and into softball and basketball. Soooooooooo I'm am pretty much past what you are struggling through.

Gunfixr
12-26-2011, 04:15 PM
Wow.
I agree, packaging in the last few years has transcended being packaging, to being more of a nuclear event protection container.

The AR-15 will pale in difficulty compared to kids toys.

realist
12-27-2011, 12:28 AM
By the way were you using the French, Spanish or Japanese instructions??????

Grumpy Old Man
12-27-2011, 06:42 PM
Izzy, I have assembled 2 swing sets in my life. The first was for my kids; I didn't read the instructions and just winged it. It took me 2 days. The second one was for grandkids. Being older and wiser I read the instructions and it only took 4 hours to complete.

There is a special place in Hell for people who write the toy assembly instructions- it is right next to the congressional delegation.

Stormfeather
12-28-2011, 02:03 AM
I aint saying nothing here. . . . mainly from a fear of embarrassing myself!

Kodiak
12-29-2011, 03:48 AM
Got a big wheel that i need to put together, amazingly it came in about 35 parts >:(

Izzy ill send it down to you since your done with the kitchen :)

izzyscout21
12-29-2011, 06:54 PM
Ugh......... Get in line. I just finished putting together the Little Tykes playhouse my dad got the kids. I'm glad the assembly required kids toys only come twice a year.Now all I ned to do is build them a swingset..........that could be disastrous. The wife wants to get them one of those big wooden pirate ship deals. She's out of her mind. If I manage to pay it off, It'll take me till the kids are in college to get it together.

eagle326
01-01-2012, 01:02 PM
The wife wants to get them one of those big wooden pirate ship deals. She's out of her mind. If I manage to pay it off, It'll take me till the kids are in college to get it together.

May The Force be with you Izzy!! She probably believes that she's expanding your construction skills. Between your promotion here on the site and your kiddie projects you're going to be one busy fellow. Not to mention the holsters and other stuff. :eek:

helomech
01-01-2012, 01:20 PM
All I had to assemble this year was the crossbow I bought my 12 year old. And that was only one bolt. My oldest just got money, no assembly required there.

realist
01-01-2012, 04:01 PM
It is so nice having kids in high school and college. I don't have to assemble anything...........all I have to do is pay for it. I guess it is like buying a pre-assembled toy, I just hope it is assembled right they don't give out instructions........