PDA

View Full Version : Prepping related x-mas gifts

Sniper-T
12-26-2011, 03:33 PM
So... what did Santa bring you to aid in your preps?

I got:
- 5# Sausage stuffer, and an assortment of casings and spices.
- morter and pestle
- book: "The Disaster Preparedness Handbook"
- Cabela's Survival game (wii)
- UFC trainer (wii)
- A bunch of giftcards to outdoors stores (Cabelas, Wholesale, etc)

bacpacker
12-26-2011, 11:26 PM
I got an assortment of reloading tools & supplies. A few auto tools I needed, and a new framing square. I also got some cash that I'm gonna use to join a sportsmans association near where I work. They have several shooting ranges and various competitions. Hopefully I will be able to increase my range time and figure out how my loads are working.

realist
12-27-2011, 12:14 AM
22 conversion kits for the 1911s my son and I own. Went out and shot them today and they are sweet. If you have a 1911 I highly recommend that you get one. They said that would shoot more reliably with Remington ammo but ours shot everything, Blazer, Remington, CCI and Winchester.

Gunfixr
12-27-2011, 04:03 PM
Got some cash. I had just finished putting together a custom AR, and have only 1 mag for it. I'll get some more.
My son gave me a couple boxes of .223, to go with the couple boxes I had.
I know, pretty poor really. I have only just finished the rifle, so nothing really for it yet. Funny thing is, I had 2 ARs a couple yrs ago, tons of mags and ammo, brass and bullets, everything. Of course, I also had 2 FALs, 2 AKs, and an M1A. It was ridiculous. I sold the FALs, the ARs, and 1 AK. Now, none of the local 3-gun shoots allow anything 30cal, which they did when I sold off everything. So now I'm building (built) an AR.
With my wifes' new condition, however, it looks like things will change. I may be selling off the M1A and the other AK, putting together a couple more ARs, to make it all simpler, and lighter, as I will have to share her load should we have to go afoot.
We'll see, as all our preps are on temporary hold while we adjust.

GunnerMax
12-27-2011, 04:50 PM
Got 2 pairs of hiking socks, a kerosene lamp, waterproof matches with a case, a 62 piece gun cleaning kit, a made in USA shotgun case for my mossberg, a combo whistle, thermometer, magnifying glass, and compass, and a carhartt wool hat. I'm in the market for an AK and a ruger 10/22 rifle in 6 months

msomnipotent
12-27-2011, 05:32 PM
I got a gas storage can, a kerosene can, and a gun cleaning kit. I also got a lot of teasing from my family for it. None are preppers. The sister that bought them thinks that she is on some list now. I told her if she is already on "The List", she might as well start prepping!

helomech
12-27-2011, 05:49 PM
Using my Christmas money, and my wife is throwing hers in to buy the fish tank for our aquaponics system. So as soon as I get the water out of my hole I am going get the tank and put it in.

Evolver
12-28-2011, 09:13 PM
LOL Justa commented Christmas day that this was the first Christmas in along time that no Beans, Bullets, Batteries or the like was exchanged this year. I guess we are feeling comfortable with the preps that we have. I will add... Thanks to Justa winning the November thread contest and her getting ALL and more of the things that was on my list to get her for her own GHB but didn't need to... Thanks Guys!

mitunnelrat
12-28-2011, 09:17 PM
Not really from Santa, but I added to my ready reserve of bio-fuels.

Doesn't that sound better than saying I'm getting fat from holiday cooking and partying?

Evolver
12-28-2011, 09:29 PM
Not really from Santa, but I added to my ready reserve of bio-fuels.

Doesn't that sound better than saying I'm getting fat from holiday cooking and partying?

Ditto! LOL

LUNCHBOX
12-28-2011, 11:29 PM
I can't say it was for me....I have an 870 barrel coming soon so I got "the barrel" a shotgun for x-mas. Tossed out some stocking stuffers----flashlights, pads of paper, crayons, small pencils, cards etc to the kids. Spoiled them the best we could with the other stuff. They train with me and listen to me, I won't derail the holidays for them with worldly worries if I don't have to. I'll keep them happy as long as I can.

sigma pete
01-02-2012, 01:14 PM
For me, a Coleman 3-burner stove & 3 cans of fuel ($30 used off another forum), $5 grab bag of 10 "junk" knives from local fun shop (8 of them were cheap Frost Cultery and similar small pocket knives but my keen eye spotted two extremely dirty but in very good condition knives - a Gerber Multitool and a Victorinox swiss army knife), and 8 dutch ovens (got a deal buying 20 of them for myself, friend and boy scout troop). For middle son, a youth compound bow and arrows (our entire family shoots). For the wife, a cast iron pot and griddle/lid combo (she and I both feel there never be too much cast iron cookware for the house), a manual veggie slicer/mandolin, and a flea-bay replacement shredder blade for our electric food processor which broke after 15 years of use.

izzyscout21
01-03-2012, 03:08 PM
http://i764.photobucket.com/albums/xx288/2crgrunt/junk/putyoureyeout.jpg